• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

hydraulic bale deck

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

hydraulic bale deck

Anybody ever try one of those 12V hydraulic pumps instead of a direct drive off the engine? Not much room under the hood anymore for the pump and tank. Wonder if they have enough flow or how hard they are on the battery?

Originally posted by GDR View Post
    Anybody ever try one of those 12V hydraulic pumps instead of a direct drive off the engine? Not much room under the hood anymore for the pump and tank. Wonder if they have enough flow or how hard they are on the battery?
    I am not sure how fast they would be. Know a couple of horse drawn rigs that use one and they seem OK. Our DewEze only has the pump under the hood. The tank is built into the deck. It takes about the same room as an AC pump.
    Nice thing about under hood is you can cycle the pump on a cold day and warm up the oil.
    Last edited by smcgrath76; May 1, 2018, 07:35.

Comment

Originally posted by smcgrath76 View Post
      I am not sure how fast they would be. Know a couple of horse drawn rigs that use one and they seem OK. Our DewEze only has the pump under the hood. The tank is built into the deck. It takes about the same room as an AC pump.
      Nice thing about under hood is you can cycle the pump on a cold day and warm up the oil.
      I've always had the tank under the hood for the same reason, warms up quick but might have to do something different this time. Those hydraulic kits are expensive to add on, old stuff works just fine but might be tricky to retrofit.

I figure the 12v ones would be slow too but not sure what sort if gpm is required?

Comment

I like the new DewEze deck. Released April 1.

Comment

https://youtu.be/p8vSMlrsDdw

Comment

Quicker than a grinder or shredder😉

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
            • Return to Topic List
            Working...
            X

This website uses tracking tools, including cookies. We use these technologies for a variety of reasons, including to recognize new and past website users, to customize your experience, perform analytics and deliver personalized advertising on our sites, apps and newsletters and across the Internet based on your interests.
            You agree to our and by clicking I agree.