• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Let the Rain Games Begin.

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Let the Rain Games Begin.

Ah, how I love this time of year. You look to the sky and wonder WTF is going on Clear as a bell. But you can hardly stand up straight because at this time of year the wind is howling so hard it almost knocks you over.

Dust is in your eyes ears and looks like you have been doing SMF on an open tractor from the 70s.

Well, the next two to three days will tell if most have a crop that will make something. (I don't give a rats ass if the JD weather station says you have 3 meters of available moisture)

In a wet cycle Rain makes mud but once we turn the corner into a drought cycle Rain makes Grain.

So like Tuesdays lotto Max (65Mill) who will get the rain and who will get skunked because like Learner said last night the weather models always exaggerate the number of rain that's coming.

We were slated for 3.5 In of moisture for most of the week.

Who wants to be that will equal only about maybe an inch or less.

Its a computer model and like all models (climate change) I don't think its that accurate of a science.

So like Lotto max, we all pay our $6.00 and hope ( i don't care if you have millions you can't make 65 million for 6 bucks on your investments).

Good luck to all in Saskatchewan, Alberta and Manitoba.

May the rain gods shine upon us.

Happy Friday.

We had an excellent system come in from the NW last night . The set up was right , Lloydminster got heavy shot , was coming right down HWY16........ then it completely just dissipated west of here . It was disheartening to see again

Comment

Each day that goes by I get a little bit less enthused or concerned whether or not it rains because each day missed it matters less crop wise. Our crop is pretty much done. I do hope for the livestock guys at least and water for dugouts etc. It does rain.

Comment

To think the possibility all of SK crop could be a write off if serious amounts of rain doesn’t soon come. This is just hard to fathom.
        Maybe the term “write off” is to the extreme, but for all of the province to be in the situation where it’s now or never is scarey.

Comment

Originally posted by the big wheel View Post
          Each day that goes by I get a little bit less enthused or concerned whether or not it rains because each day missed it matters less crop wise. Our crop is pretty much done. I do hope for the livestock guys at least and water for dugouts etc. It does rain.
          There is still hope and potential in the Slum of the Ghetto.
          ....and I'm not delusional either.

Comment

we managed to get 3 tenths , really odd here , since the snow went we have had 4 rains , all 2 or 3 tenths . seems to be our limit . doesn't do a lot but still thankful and hopeful

Comment

The showers seem to dissipate on their way here, not intensify. Hopefully over the next two days that changes.

We are halfway through our monsoon month and it hasn't been very fruitful.

Comment

We got just 1 tenth yesterday and now i see most of the rain is out of the forecast. There is still time here to get a decent crop but rain would have to come soon.

Caseih you seem to get about double the rain we get!

Comment

Originally posted by seldomseen View Post
                  We got just 1 tenth yesterday and now i see most of the rain is out of the forecast. There is still time here to get a decent crop but rain would have to come soon.

Caseih you seem to get about double the rain we get!
                  thats strange , came by your place about 8 , thought you were getting more

Comment

It's a sick looking situation around this area. Canola looks to be in for a wreck. I haven't seen one field that has decent germ. Some fields look like they were seeded yesterday. Even if it rains soon what will become of it. It's too fricking late. Most cereal crops had decent germ and are hanging on but that's going to start changing soon. Peas are in trouble too. Most were seeded first and I'm afraid are going to put a flower on top and call it quits. We cant get a rain over about 1.5 tenths. Hay was done long ago and pastures are not far behind. The neighbor started spraying for hoppers this week on light land.

Comment

Gentlemen....clean out your rain gauges!
                      Click image for larger version

Name:	WP_000804.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	105.4 KB
ID:	767376

Comment

Skunked yesterday, it was coming and looked like it was building, came by the north end of the lake and just evaporated.

Ah farming sucks

Comment

Originally posted by farming101 View Post
                          Gentlemen....clean out your rain gauges!
                          [ATTACH]4378[/ATTACH]
                          Ours cracked because they are so dry!

But seriously, it could be alot worse here.

How long could things hang on though?

Comment

If it doesn’t rain it will start heading and flowering next week. Then it’s game set match

Comment

Got mine set up yesterday 👍👍

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                              • Return to Topic List
                              Working...
                              X

This website uses tracking tools, including cookies. We use these technologies for a variety of reasons, including to recognize new and past website users, to customize your experience, perform analytics and deliver personalized advertising on our sites, apps and newsletters and across the Internet based on your interests.
                              You agree to our and by clicking I agree.