• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Extreme Heat! Next 7 Days!

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Dr Tone View Post
    I farm north of Carrot and it’s brutal. The land is heavy and simply can’t take the big rains we get. Year after year we get hammered with a 4+ inch rain at some point or another. This year we got 8 inches over a week.
    Sounds like an area west of Lashburn to Lloyd and north . Maybe not terrible but definitely got too much at times this year

Comment

Flooding west of The Pas

It was a very interesting drive.

Like I said we needed the rain to finish so. Ow the bonus will be gone with no rain for three weeks ( oh sorry grass 2.3 mm)

Soy in our area is nice and tall and very few pods

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by SASKFARMER3 View Post
          In some areas they're getting the heat they love....missing ingredient, WATER!!!

I'm still not convinced they are an option in the Ghetto. But when you look at the variety of crops grown here...canola likes it's water too. Lentils prefer it drier. One extreme to the next and they're both grown around here....roll the dice and take your chances.
          Last edited by farmaholic; Aug 7, 2018, 21:15.

Comment

Like I said we needed the rain to finish so. Ow the bonus will be gone with no rain for three weeks ( oh sorry grass 2.3 mm)
            What? do you mean that's all you've had in the last three weeks?

Comment

Cut hay today. Whopping 24 degrees. Hazy and Smokey, not much 🌞. Second cut is bigger than first somehow. For me, hay was a whopper this year. If it stays hazy, gunna be hard to break 30. Hope the hay dries. Humid again.

Comment

Forest fire smoke might keep the heat minimized all week.

Comment

Originally posted by grassfarmer View Post
                  What? do you mean that's all you've had in the last three weeks?
                  Ok man SF can exaggerate things at times but where the *** do you come off actual experience grass in growing crops?? S/F has about 200 years on you you with great grandparents and all like most of us here. Give it a rest already , it’s laughable already in you telling us what’s right , *** you , we do not not ever go on a beef forum and tell you what to do so *** off already

Comment

Originally posted by furrowtickler View Post
                    Ok man SF can exaggerate things at times but where the *** do you come off actual experience grass in growing crops?? S/F has about 200 years on you you with great grandparents and all like most of us here. Give it a rest already , it’s laughable already in you telling us what’s right , *** you , we do not not ever go on a beef forum and tell you what to do so *** off already
                    Like our selves with over 100 years of being here , a difference of opinions is always welcome but lately it’s like who the *** are you to tell us what we know or don’t know ... are you fukin kidding me ??

Comment

I disagree with S/F at times and many do with me as well . That’s ok , but the vast majority of us will never go onto a cattle or beef forum to continuously bash the practices of others , ever . Wtf is wrong with you and a few others ??? We are are striving for the same goal , to raise a family off a farm ..... unless some of you are just truly trolling!!!!! Chuck you included. Seriously wtf is wrong with some of you ???

Comment

And yes there are grammar issues with my posts , but the point needs to be made here

Comment

Originally posted by Oliver88 View Post
                          Forest fire smoke might keep the heat minimized all week.
                          Be nice if your right , but it’s comin

Comment

Bashing his practices and telling him what to do? I was merely asking a question.
                            I suppose I'm not allowed to ask sheepwheat where the forest fires are that are causing his haze either? There sure are a lot of tinpot little dictators on this site all of the sudden trying to control what others can and can't post.

Comment

Grass your full of shit.

I said we missed the rain I talk about to give me a bonus for the year.

You must be really dense to not get how a plant grows.

Our big bonus is gone now we concentrate on harvesting a good quality crop that will be lighter.

Doesn’t take a genius to figure out what I am talking about.

But keep being a troll your winning!

Comment

Grass your full of shit.
                                No, that would be you old boy. You say you need 4" to grow a crop. You stated June 28th that you'd already had as much rain as all of last season - 5.5". You stated on July 22nd (17 days ago) that you had just got another 1/2" bringing you up to 9" since snow left. Today you are claiming you had no rain in the last 3 weeks before amending that to 2.3mm.

Wherever the truth lies you are relatively spoiled for moisture in a generally dry year. I wish we had received 4.5" since late June instead of the approximately 1" we have had

A Misterjade9 says we "should always question the source, the source's credibility and the background of the source of any information we are presented..." That's what I try to do.
                                Burnt on the other hand cries to the administrators to see if there are any grounds for excluding a posters participation based on aspirations that he may not be a farmer or that he gets paid to present his views on the site.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                                • Return to Topic List
                                Working...
                                X

This website uses tracking tools, including cookies. We use these technologies for a variety of reasons, including to recognize new and past website users, to customize your experience, perform analytics and deliver personalized advertising on our sites, apps and newsletters and across the Internet based on your interests.
                                You agree to our and by clicking I agree.