• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Taxes - taxes - taxes

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Taxes - taxes - taxes

One thing our European tour taught us is that we must love taxes. Crossing from Ireland to England to France by airline - never saw one customs agent- paid no duty - no anal security frisking us there. There were no added taxes on puchase prices of anything. The posted price was what you paid. There was no deposit charge, recycling charge, nothing added to the can of pop, the jug of milk, the bottle of wine. Nix-Nada! Here every thing has added fees and taxes - oh lets add a carbon tax on too, why don’t we?

Originally posted by sumdumguy View Post
    One thing our European tour taught us is that we must love taxes. Crossing from Ireland to England to France by airline - never saw one customs agent- paid no duty - no anal security frisking us there. There were no added taxes on puchase prices of anything. The posted price was what you paid. There was no deposit charge, recycling charge, nothing added to the can of pop, the jug of milk, the bottle of wine. Nix-Nada! Here every thing has added fees and taxes - oh lets add a carbon tax on too, why don’t we?
    Someone has to pay for the freeloaders in society, it certainly won’t come from political leaders and the elite..... history proves that along with this current government and its blind following of UN policies.

Comment

There, the taxes are built into the price, I think some places it is illegal to not post the tax inclusive price. Here we all want to keep reminding ourselves and customers that the government is to blame for the taxes, so we add them after the fact. Just to make ourselves mad during every transaction.

Comment

AF5, I was about to post the same thing to sundumguy.

sdg, you paid the tax, don't worry, and I'm almost sure the rate of all the taxes in the products and services, would have been higher there than the U.S.A. As far as comparing them to Canada, likely close to the same.

We've here have gone out of our way to show what the taxes on products are, even when you buy gasoline, part of the statement is the amount of GST in the fuel bought,,,,that's a good thing. Knowing the amount your paying to one government or another, is always a good thing.

That is part of my distain of the carbon tax, that is, it will be hidden most of the time, if not all the time, just like the manufacture's tax used to be.

sumdumguy, don't worry, you paid taxes all along your way,,,without even knowing the rate or amount.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
        • Return to Topic List
        Working...
        X

This website uses tracking tools, including cookies. We use these technologies for a variety of reasons, including to recognize new and past website users, to customize your experience, perform analytics and deliver personalized advertising on our sites, apps and newsletters and across the Internet based on your interests.
        You agree to our and by clicking I agree.