• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Extreme Heat! Next 7 Days!

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Extreme Heat! Next 7 Days!

Well our total rain the last two weeks one day is 1.3 mm or basically sweet F$&k all.

Roots are deep and canola been done flowering for about that amount of time. Few spots in field but that’s all. Could have very light seed if wind happens or very little recovery at night

Hrs is filling and this will shut it down.

Barley and peas are in shut down mode so done.

Oats, flax, Soy will have issues.

Crop tour sure opened my eyes.

This is a rain area I toured so the best of the best.

Found flooding in the Pas and north carrot river.

Hrs around tisdale short and not huge massive yield potential

Then north oats not as thick as usual.

Canola looks short and podded.

Swan wins the yield challenge for just about every thing

Their are late crops still flowering.

Most are ahead and harvest will begin shortly.

Hrs looks nice and early.

Oats white spots

Barley ending

Canola in sweet spots same as a great crop should be. If you had hail or dryer or missed showers drops off fast depending how much.

Overall this week will bring in the crop, cook the crop or toast what you have.

Farming were your one rain away from a bumper or a disaster or just normal. Missed my exhibition rain. Counting on subsoil and cooler nights.

Yield will be lost in weight.

Winter wheat way way way north.

Comment

After this wk is over a lot will be officially told about the 18 crop. With two days of 38, the ol goose could be cooked!! I expect to see low bushel weight. We haven’t had rain since July 9, so any moisture is long gone, there is no sub soil to speak of. It seems like my AC Brandon is handling the drought/heat better than my durum.
      We will be starting peas tomorrow, can’t see the combines running in 38 degrees.
      Everyone keep safe from this heat!!

Comment

Yea high heat will create low bushel weight.

Pepper canola that will fall through the screen at the elevator so they lick their chops and call it dockage.

I remember one year way way way back we had shit like this come and one day had high wind from the south.

Everything turned in days or burnt in days.

Combines heat fires and peas don’t work great so if your going have fire equipment available.

Combines are ready Not!

Comment

Heat dialed back a smiggin.

Comment

Originally posted by SASKFARMER3 View Post
            I see that!! Wow a degree lower, maybe two. At the end of it it’s not really going to matter. For the most part crops are on life support.

Comment

Originally posted by bigzee View Post
              I see that!! Wow a degree lower, maybe two. At the end of it it’s not really going to matter. For the most part crops are on life support.
              Would have been nice to get one more week out of this crop .
              Maturity will be set anyway now.
              Second growth in cereals is going to be a night mare for some now after recent rains

Comment

Last rain here July 9, not a lot of second growth. Weeds have done quite well in the lentils and chickpeas though.
                Will be starting peas today!!

Comment

certainly not here. today 33, wed 36, thu 38, fri 39, sat 31. Or 91,97,100,102,88. Later seeded going to take a beating. Early seeded will turn quickly.

Comment

Originally posted by furrowtickler View Post
                    Would have been nice to get one more week out of this crop .
                    Maturity will be set anyway now.
                    Second growth in cereals is going to be a night mare for some now after recent rains
                    Yes second growth really an issue in wheat, canola might be able to catch the ripe and the green but swathimg will have to be quick don't want to lose the best stuff.

Comment

Barleywill depend on whether or not a person is trying for malt or not what to do with the second growth. Prices for malt steady but hearing feed is dropping I can't see why with the shortage I would think is there. Saudis purchase barley?

Comment

Another 1.25” friday night and a little hail . Dont need no more rain. Good average crop here , far from a bumper

Comment

Originally posted by caseih View Post
                          Another 1.25” friday night and a little hail . Dont need no more rain. Good average crop here , far from a bumper
                          We only grabbed about 1/2 in , needed at least double that to add any yield to canola , beans . Will help fill what’s there I think good enough before heat at least on most crops here but peas ... they were done 10 days ago for the most part anyway.

Comment

2.3 mm last two weeks

Barley south of town being swath.

Peas 40 or less

Red lentils 25 or less

Back to average or just lower

Comment

This is a rain area I toured so the best of the best.

Found flooding in the Pas and north carrot river.
                              I farm north of Carrot and it’s brutal. The land is heavy and simply can’t take the big rains we get. Year after year we get hammered with a 4+ inch rain at some point or another. This year we got 8 inches over a week.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                              • Return to Topic List
                              Working...
                              X

This website uses tracking tools, including cookies. We use these technologies for a variety of reasons, including to recognize new and past website users, to customize your experience, perform analytics and deliver personalized advertising on our sites, apps and newsletters and across the Internet based on your interests.
                              You agree to our and by clicking I agree.