• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Chase bank

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Chase bank

https://toronto.citynews.ca/2019/08/08/chase-bank-wipes-out-all-outstanding-credit-card-debt-owed-by-canadian-users-2/amp/?__twitter_impression=true

Soooo they are writing off all outstanding balances, something stinks. It's a bank, they are greedy and they are leaving Canada for good. I think it's fair to say they didn't do this to gain clients. Something is coming down the pipe, either we are gonna go into protectionist mode to defend the Canadian banks, which are under pressure as a sector, or this won't be a prime environment for lending moving forward and the first rat off the boat is the tip of the iceberg. Indicating we can expect a shortage in lending. Anyone have ideas? Im all ears

Didn't read article, the link goes no where.

I can't imagine they would write off any collectable balances, or maybe they're asking clients to transfer balances to another card. Are they just writing off uncollectable balances.

Comment

https://news.sky.com/story/chase-bank-wipes-out-credit-card-debt-for-canadian-customers-11781159 https://news.sky.com/story/chase-bank-wipes-out-credit-card-debt-for-canadian-customers-11781159

Should have got an Amazon.ca card. Damn. Chalk it alongside all my other missed opportunities.

Comment

Still a bit vague, doesn't actually say the status of the accounts, maybe they were very delinquent and doubtful.

Comment

Originally posted by farmaholic View Post
          Still a bit vague, doesn't actually say the status of the accounts, maybe they were very delinquent and doubtful.
          People who do not pay their owed account... will pay in many other ways... there is NO free ride... paying LEGIT outstanding balances due... is not an option... just like anyone intending NOT to repay an outstanding CASH ADVANCE.... should rethink that... it is a 'stupid idea'...Cneers

Comment

Originally posted by TOM4CWB View Post
            People who do not pay their owed account... will pay in many other ways... there is NO free ride... paying LEGIT outstanding balances due... is not an option... just like anyone intending NOT to repay an outstanding CASH ADVANCE.... should rethink that... it is a 'stupid idea'...Cneers
            I would think a credit score and check reveals all to future lenders.
            But maybe some people who have debt written off sees it as some sort of victory, especially if they don't care. Or were issued a credit card from some obscure credit card company compared to the mainstream players.

Not everyone operates on the same set of morals and beliefs

Comment

Originally posted by farmaholic View Post
              I would think a credit score and check reveals all to future lenders.
              But maybe some people who have debt written off sees it as some sort of victory, especially if they don't care. Or were issued a credit card from some obscure credit card company compared to the mainstream players.

Not everyone operates on the same set of morals and beliefs
              I’m going to go out on a limb and assume most people who have credit card bills overdue at 18% interest likely don’t have their priorities in order or are very bad at math??
              (Kind of like dealing with a certain Ag line of credit company.)

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
              • Return to Topic List
              Working...
              X

This website uses tracking tools, including cookies. We use these technologies for a variety of reasons, including to recognize new and past website users, to customize your experience, perform analytics and deliver personalized advertising on our sites, apps and newsletters and across the Internet based on your interests.
              You agree to our and by clicking I agree.