• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Yellow Pea Saga

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hahahaha anybody getting the picture yet?

Comment

If a guy could just figure out who the buyers are...

If a guy just had a big truck, and licensed to drive it...

If could just figure out how to load a container...

The paper work...

Comment

Can peas not work their way into soymeal markets?

Seems there's high demand for protein meal(meal protein)?

Comment

Hundredweight

Comment

Originally posted by farming101 View Post
            Hundredweight
            Sorry and thank you!

Converted to bushels that's only about $5.60???? seriously?

SELL

Edit: O the **** K..... Convert it for me. Something doesn't seem right.
            Last edited by farmaholic; Dec 21, 2017, 10:31.

Comment

[URL="http://www.bertholdfarmers.com/index.cfm?show=11&mid=26"]http://www.bertholdfarmers.com/index.cfm?show=11&mid=26[/URL]

5.75 US / .786 = 7.31 CAD delivered to Berthold.

[URL="http://rayfue.com/dtn/cash-bids/"]http://rayfue.com/dtn/cash-bids/[/URL]
              6.25 US / .786 = 7.95 CAD delivered to Ray

[URL="http://www.beachcoop.com/index.cfm?show=11&mid=4"]http://www.beachcoop.com/index.cfm?show=11&mid=4[/URL]
              Here's a better one: 6.75 US / .786 = 8.58 CAD delivered to Beach. A fair hike

[URL="https://www.ams.usda.gov/mnreports/lswbean.pdf"]https://www.ams.usda.gov/mnreports/lswbean.pdf[/URL]

High end of the range is 12.08 USD/cwt which is about 9.22 CAD/bu. I have no idea where that bidder is
              Last edited by farming101; Dec 21, 2017, 11:08.

Comment

India announced 30% duty on lentils now. But they were not buying anything anyway. Still tells us how much india will import this year and it looks like very little.
                Last edited by dave4441; Dec 21, 2017, 11:14.

Comment

Feel good story from Dave.

India isn’t buying so the 30% duty doesn’t matter

Comment

Originally posted by SASKFARMER3 View Post
                    Feel good story from Dave.

India isn’t buying so the 30% duty doesn’t matter
                    What i am saying is it is irrelevant in the short term as they were not a buyer anyway. In long term though it still tells us how much demand our largest customer has for red lentils. Zippo.

Comment

"I hate making excuses for GrainCos....but if they don't have a home for them or can't make sales......how else are they supposed to send the message. I personally prefer "no bid" than insulting me with bargain basement blow out prices! "

Spot on farma.

One wonders here in australia whats going on yep we have below average harvest as whole that is australia.
                      Drought basis yep.

Exporters are offering good prices for wheat and barley basis was 130 cents over cbot a few weeks back.

But question is were are they selling it they wont get a look in overseas way to expensive, guess its there problem maybe they will try to offload it domestically but that a finite market.

Kinda off topic but still pulses, alot of small traders who have done well out of niche markets and container trade and or small vessels, who were still sitting on last years lentils and chickpeas combined with some early purchases this year only to see lentils fall again are facing insolvency.

Shes not all beer and skittles trading grain/pulses for smaller guys.

Comment

Originally posted by malleefarmer View Post
                        "I hate making excuses for GrainCos....but if they don't have a home for them or can't make sales......how else are they supposed to send the message. I personally prefer "no bid" than insulting me with bargain basement blow out prices! "

Spot on farma.

One wonders here in australia whats going on yep we have below average harvest as whole that is australia.
                        Drought basis yep.

Exporters are offering good prices for wheat and barley basis was 130 cents over cbot a few weeks back.

But question is were are they selling it they wont get a look in overseas way to expensive, guess its there problem maybe they will try to offload it domestically but that a finite market.

Kinda off topic but still pulses, alot of small traders who have done well out of niche markets and container trade and or small vessels, who were still sitting on last years lentils and chickpeas combined with some early purchases this year only to see lentils fall again are facing insolvency.

Shes not all beer and skittles trading grain/pulses for smaller guys.
                        You feel traders are sitting on old crop lentils in Australia Malle? Australia shipped 850,000 MT last year, a massive record. Shocks me that they would still have old crop product.

Comment

Originally posted by dave4441 View Post
                          You feel traders are sitting on old crop lentils in Australia Malle? Australia shipped 850,000 MT last year, a massive record. Shocks me that they would still have old crop product.
                          any amount of movement for canary yet dave ?

Comment

Originally posted by caseih View Post
                            any amount of movement for canary yet dave ?
                            Not really, Demand was heavier then normal in first quarter due to dryness in summer (at much higher prices today so there inventory is deemed expensive), but demand today is crazy quiet. Offers are much lower then grower will sell today and therefore not much is happening.

We will ship 150,000 MT as we have done every year so there is demand, just buyer's are really hand to mouth so no pressure on trade in Canada to push values in either direction.

Comment

Originally posted by Rareearth View Post
                              If a guy could just figure out who the buyers are...

If a guy just had a big truck, and licensed to drive it...

If could just figure out how to load a container...

The paper work...
                              I detect sarcasm.
                              It's not too difficult to sell stateside if you spend some time at it. Call some US pea buyers inquire about price offers. Get some truck rates and figure out the price offer FOB farm and see if it's worthwhile.
                              Most often if the US buyers are in the market, they will have their own customs broker to clear the load
                              and help you create your NAFTA certificate of origin.
                              Most times the end result for folks depend on how much you need the money.
                              I finished the thread and see that farming101 completed the task. Good work.
                              Last edited by hobbyfrmr; Dec 21, 2017, 16:30.

Comment

Originally posted by farmaholic View Post
                                Johnston's Grain Marketing is quoting bids and trades of $7.25 yellow peas for SE Sask....

1-800-324-7778

caseih...you by?

Wonder where Johnston is selling to. Is it licensed and bonded?

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                                • Return to Topic List
                                Working...
                                X

This website uses tracking tools, including cookies. We use these technologies for a variety of reasons, including to recognize new and past website users, to customize your experience, perform analytics and deliver personalized advertising on our sites, apps and newsletters and across the Internet based on your interests.
                                You agree to our and by clicking I agree.