• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Danielle Smith discussed COVID charges 'almost weekly' with justice officials

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by chuckChuck View Post
    Nobody cares? LOL then why is the NDP in a race with the UCP in Alberta? What you meant to say is you don't care!

https://nationalpost.com/news/local-news/two-months-before-election-ndp-has-momentum-in-tight-race-poll-suggests/wcm/84abc895-1c73-4c84-adc9-15360095d567

Two months before Alberta election, NDP has momentum in tight race, poll suggests

In what's considered to be the decisive battleground of Calgary, the two parties are in a dead heat, but the NDP has made gains
    Author of the article:
    Bill Kaufmann
    Published Mar 31, 2023 • Last updated 16 hours ago • 4 minute read

And everybody with very few exceptions has received all kinds of vaccines since childhood. So most of the covid antivaxers are regular users of the health care system and reliant on vaccines for disease prevention.
    We haven’t entered the actual campaign yet, so we will see what happens. There is certainly no doubt there is a wide gulf between how I see the world from my farming perspective and how someone who lives in Edmonton sees the world. There is a large urban rural divide. When I talk to relatives from the city it is like someone has eliminated their common sense. Having said that, in the last 6 months 78% of Canadians have not gotten their Covid booster shot, so the general populace is waking up. As for you Chuck2, attempting reasonable debate has proven a total waste of time.
    Last edited by Hamloc; Apr 1, 2023, 08:09.

Comment

Originally posted by fjlip View Post
      Most people who die in car accidents are wearing seat belts.So are we safer to ditch the seat belts.

Comment

Hammy when you say there is no common sense in your relatives in the city maybe the problem is they are related to you! LOL

There is range of opinions on any issue whether you live in the city or in a rural area.

The idea that everyone who lives in the city has no common sense is like saying all farmers are hayseeds and country hicks!

Comment

Originally posted by chuckChuck View Post
          Hammy when you say there is no common sense in your relatives in the city maybe the problem is they are related to you! LOL

There is range of opinions on any issue whether you live in the city or in a rural area.

The idea that everyone who lives in the city has no common sense is like saying all farmers are hayseeds and country hicks!
          And what of the 78% of Canadians that haven’t got the Covid booster shot?

Comment

Danielle should discuss Covid charges. They are ridiculous. If Paslaski dressed in drag and hung his genitalia out, he’d be raised to stardom and would be hired for the next NDP rally. But no, he’s a Christian minister, who stood up for his parishioners rites, according to the left wing loons, that’s a crime worthy of public hanging on Edmonton street.

Comment

So laws and rules are only for those who agree with them?

Apparently in Alberta with some supporters of the UCP.

Both Kenney and Ford called the many of the antivax protestors yahoos and lunatics.

Danny Smith called antivaxers the most discriminated group in society and quickly backtracked.

Then she talks with justice officials weekly to interfere in the antivaxer cases and then she says she didn't. She keeps forgetting she is the Premier and not just a talk show host!

Way to go Danny you just gave a big boost to the NDP.
              Last edited by chuckChuck; Apr 3, 2023, 11:46.

Comment

I admit, I don't understand the political calculus behind Mrs Smith putting so much emphasis on this issue. The base she is pandering to was never ever ever ever ever going to vote for the NDP regardless of what she did, nothing to be gained by this.

Comment

Originally posted by AlbertaFarmer5 View Post
                  I admit, I don't understand the political calculus behind Mrs Smith putting so much emphasis on this issue. The base she is pandering to was never ever ever ever ever going to vote for the NDP regardless of what she did, nothing to be gained by this.
                  I do agree there is nothing to be gained. The reality is that Jason Kenney lost his Premiership due to those who thought he went to far with Covid restrictions. What put Danielle Smith’s leadership bid over the top were those in the UCP who didn’t agree with these Covid policies and neither did Danielle Smith. For this reason she certainly appears to suffer to some extent from tunnel vision on this issue. As someone who isn’t vaccinated I can sympathize a little but in my world the NDP and Justin Trudeau are without a doubt the greatest detriment to my future success and wish she would focus on issues that resonate with the general public!! Talking to a fringe Pastor like Artur Pawlowski is not going to garner you any votes.

Comment

Originally posted by Hamloc View Post
                    I do agree there is nothing to be gained. The reality is that Jason Kenney lost his Premiership due to those who thought he went to far with Covid restrictions. What put Danielle Smith’s leadership bid over the top were those in the UCP who didn’t agree with these Covid policies and neither did Danielle Smith. For this reason she certainly appears to suffer to some extent from tunnel vision on this issue. As someone who isn’t vaccinated I can sympathize a little but in my world the NDP and Justin Trudeau are without a doubt the greatest detriment to my future success and wish she would focus on issues that resonate with the general public!! Talking to a fringe Pastor like Artur Pawlowski is not going to garner you any votes.
                    Exactly. As I have pointed out multiple times in the past, this is the curse of conservative politicians in this country. The policies required to win the leadership amongst the party members, are ppl) ldiametrically opposed to the policies that resonate with the broader electorate to win elections. The membership won't choose a leader with broad appeal, and if the leaders abandon the fringe party members, to attract the mainstream voters, then the party will kick them out at the next leadership review.
                    Meanwhile, well we squabble about Petty issues and change leaders on a revolving door, Ottawa is happy to divide and conquer unopposed.
                    Last edited by AlbertaFarmer5; Apr 4, 2023, 08:10.

Comment

"Smith claimed victory, and the office of Alberta's premier, with just 53.8 per cent or about 45,000 ballots. "

Maybe you guys should just admit Smith is nothing more than a floor crossing talk show opportunist.

She has no choice but to cater to the base that give her the 54%.

Another thing take a long hard look in the mirror and ask yourself do you honestly feel Smith is even premier material?

And please spare the B.S. come back she's better than the NDP, doesn't the UCP party not have anybody better than Smith? No because the UCP is controlled by the social conservatives of Alberta.

You're chasing your tail as usual AB5.

Peace and love to all!

Comment

Originally posted by foragefarmer View Post
                        "Smith claimed victory, and the office of Alberta's premier, with just 53.8 per cent or about 45,000 ballots. "

Maybe you guys should just admit Smith is nothing more than a floor crossing talk show opportunist.

Another thing take a long hard look in the mirror and ask yourself do you honestly feel Smith is even premier material?

And please spare the B.S. come back she's better than the NDP, doesn't the UCP party not have anybody better than Smith? No because the UCP is controlled by the social conservatives of Alberta.

Peace and love to all!
                        I think we are on the same page here. What do you find controversial about my post? We both agree that the social conservatives choose a leader, while they and their views constitute a very small minority of the rest of the population. With the result that the fiscal conservatives and centrists end up politically homeless on the outside looking in, while the radical left ends up in power far too often.

Comment

Originally posted by foragefarmer View Post

Peace and love to all!
                          Many examples of successful floor crossing politicians, Winston Churchill and Ralph Klein come to mind.

If you had listened to Danielle Smith on the radio for 6 years you would see that she is not a social conservative, certainly somewhat of a Libertarian but not a social Conservative.

Is she Premier material? That is a good question. Realistically a successful politician has a thick skin and is a good salesperson and has name recognition. Also must be able to delegate responsibility and pick and manage a good team. Jason Kenney was a great politician but a poor manager. It remains to be seen if Premier Smith ticks all these boxes. One thing is for sure the CBC goes after her or the UCP almost daily!!!

Comment

Danielle should learn to tread softly but carry a big stick.

Comment

Yes she carries a big "schtick". AKA a comedy routine unintentional, but funny none the less.

Shes still thinks she is a talk show host and can say funny things and anything without evidence.
                              Last edited by chuckChuck; Apr 6, 2023, 09:51.

Comment

Big ZEL was a comedian, now running a country. A good resume.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                                • Return to Topic List
                                Working...
                                X

This website uses tracking tools, including cookies. We use these technologies for a variety of reasons, including to recognize new and past website users, to customize your experience, perform analytics and deliver personalized advertising on our sites, apps and newsletters and across the Internet based on your interests.
                                You agree to our and by clicking I agree.