• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

For all you EV Promoters

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by fjlip View Post
    Every test ever done since 1975, calls for MORE than we apply/can afford.

Only one year, 1991 called for ZERO added N and it was correct. 60 bu wheat happened.

#1 CWRS worth less than $2
    It is your team's job to provide information. It is yours to interpret and make the money.

Comment

Originally posted by WiltonRanch View Post
      I have high calcium content 6” and down. Ph 8.2 down there. Top 6” 6.5 to 6.9. Using mesc on virtually every acre at maybe 5-9 lbs of sulphur depending if it a cereal or canola. Barley yields sucked here until I inadvertently did a side by side trial of urea/11-52 and urea/mesc. Same nitrogen and phosphorus levels but 20 bushels better with mesc blend. Tried again in 21’ on another field in the drought but barley was still in the 80’s. Last year didn’t use mesc and barley sucked. My bins are full of urea/mesc. Is it the safer nature of mesc vs 11-52 or is it the sulphur? I run stealth pr double shoot so separation is good and a 20# rate of actual p is really stuff all. So what’s going on? Im a cowboy hill farmer. My remedy is usually seed it to grass and alfalfa but can’t do that on every acre.
      You mean MESZ from Mosaic?
      Sorry, I leave the chemistry and theory to someone else. I just have to make decisions lol.
      I think we are pushing rather old information and the ratios of the 4 macros more important. So wag possibly is the S. And the P right with N in same granule makes it easier to find. That could facilitate more P usage. Sounds good.
      ??
      Last edited by blackpowder; Mar 21, 2023, 13:34.

Comment

Originally posted by chuckChuck View Post
        I soil test about 1/2 my fields every year. How about you?
        We do every acre every year except the alfalfa
        And then our agrologist tells us what to put

Comment

Sask budget.
          1 billion surplus.
          1st pic they show is a oil pump.
          Not a EV charger.
          So when oil is not used where is the $$$ going to come from?

Comment

I really don’t need to say much, headline says it all.

Comment

"Germany's Transport Ministry sees no need to rush combustion engine phase-out deal with EU

Saying Germany needs a backup before agreeing to EU plans."

A lot of the enthusiasm has gone out of the believers .
              Reality check?

G7 meeting coming up.
              Will be a tough one to spin.

Comment

5% of Ford dealers have backed out of selling a minimum of 25 EV vehicles per yr..

Comment

Why does the govt to solicit votes, always turn to supply push policies that never work? Artificial demand is still artificial.

Comment

History repeats itself again…

Now a bail out????

Common sense sadly…. Not so common….

Cheers

Comment

Originally posted by Partners View Post
                      Sask budget.
                      1 billion surplus.
                      1st pic they show is a oil pump.
                      Not a EV charger.
                      So when oil is not used where is the $$$ going to come from?
                      So are you suggesting we should continue to use very inefficient gasoline ICE engines that only put 20% of the total fossil energy in to moving a vehicle forward, when EVs can transfer 80-90% of their energy for the same purpose?

Oil will have uses going forward, but burning it and wasting 80% in ICEs in a carbon emission constrained world is not a good use of it and can never be justified, just because we need government tax revenue from the oil industry.

Once we get through the transition to lower costs EVs, most consumers would happily put the massive efficiency gains of EVs in their own pocket, than give it to the oil companies who don't even cover all their cleanup costs and environmental damage during periods of high profitability.
                      Last edited by chuckChuck; Mar 24, 2023, 08:14.

Comment

Question is where is Gov.going to get their $$$ from?
                        Tax the shit out of EV vehicles.
                        To support health care etc..

Comment

Oil and gas revenues will not dry up completely because oil has other uses than just for ICEs

Surely governments can figure out how to replace revenues from oil and gas especially since direct revenues are currently only 5%

Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot 2023-03-24 083228.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	13.6 KB
ID:	774780
                          Last edited by chuckChuck; Mar 24, 2023, 08:46.

Comment

Yes, TAX EV when all are captive to it. See how smart Gov is?

Decreasing costs? BS, ever increasing raw materials cost due to scarcity, will cancel that and increase costs of EV.

Dream on.

Comment

Originally posted by chuckChuck View Post
                              Oil and gas revenues will not dry up completely because oil has other uses than just for ICEs

Surely governments can figure out how to replace revenues from oil and gas especially since direct revenues are currently only 5%

[ATTACH]12241[/ATTACH]
                              Chuck2, Saskatchewan like Alberta is considered a have province, therefore I believe Saskatchewan like Alberta would pay more to Ottawa in personal and corporate tax then it receives back in federal transfers. So your pie chart is quite laughable as Saskatchewan residents and businesses would have payed more than that to Ottawa in the first place.
                              Last edited by Hamloc; Mar 25, 2023, 07:30.

Comment

Originally posted by Hamloc View Post
                                Chuck2, Saskatchewan like Alberta is considered a have province, therefore I believe Saskatchewan like Alberta would pay more to Ottawa in personal and corporate tax then it receives back in federal transfers. So your pie chart is quite laughable as Saskatchewan residents and business would have payed more than that to Ottawa in the first place.
                                And regardless, such figures are quite meaningless in reality. For example, Saudi Arabia calculates that oil at gas only account for less than 1/3 of their gdp. In reality, if you removed that revenue, the rest of those economic sectors would cease to exist. There would be no government programs, no retail sector etc. Same thing is true here of course. All of the spin-off economic benefits of the energy sector are counted separately as their own category.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                                • Return to Topic List
                                Working...
                                X

This website uses tracking tools, including cookies. We use these technologies for a variety of reasons, including to recognize new and past website users, to customize your experience, perform analytics and deliver personalized advertising on our sites, apps and newsletters and across the Internet based on your interests.
                                You agree to our and by clicking I agree.