• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

For all you EV Promoters

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by chuckChuck View Post
    Hamloc we already know renewables are often intermittent. Stop repeating yourself! LOL

Hydro isn't though. Nor is geothermal. They all have a fit if we are going to need more electricity.

So stop worrying you are not going to freeze in the dark before you die!

And why are you only ranting on about the subsidies to the new battery plant in Ontario? Conservative Doug Ford was very happy to get the plant and put lots of money in.

But what about the subsidies and give aways to the oil industry in Alberta? Crickets!

Danny Smith is giving millions to the oil industry to clean up existing oil wells they own and should pay for themselves.

You can't stop EVs and the transition away from ICE cars no matter how much you complain.
    Interesting that you bring up hydro. In Alberta we have a potential 894 megawatts of potential generation from hydro. This morning Hydro is producing 93 megawatts out of a potential 894 or 10.4% of capacity. Wind at 255 megawatts is producing at 7.1% of capacity. What is left of our coal generators is producing 815 megawatts out of a potential 820, so 99.5% of capacity. Huh, maybe the bag phone wasn’t so bad after all!
    Last edited by Hamloc; Mar 17, 2023, 07:40.

Comment

Originally posted by Hamloc View Post
      Interesting that you bring up hydro. In Alberta we have a potential 894 megawatts of potential generation from hydro. This morning Hydro is producing 93 megawatts out of a potential 894 or 10.4% of capacity. Wind at 255 megawatts is producing at 7.1% of capacity. What is left of our coal generators is producing 815 megawatts out of a potential 820, so 99.5% of capacity. Huh, maybe the bag phone wasn’t so bad after all!
      So hydro is no good now too! And there are no gas plants in Alberta? You should be running the AESO because they obviously don't know what they are doing! LOL

Cant wait to hear how you like using your old bag phone!
      Last edited by chuckChuck; Mar 17, 2023, 07:58.

Comment

So hydro is no good now too! And there are no gas plants in Alberta? You should be running the AESO because they obviously don't know what they are doing! LOL

Cant wait to hear how you like using your old bag phone!
        Actually Chuck2 I have no issue with hydroelectric generation. My point was, which you chose to ignore, that Alberta has 3 main sources of renewable electricity, wind, solar and hydro. When I looked at the AESO supply demand page none of the 3 was producing at much over 10% of capacity. I was simply pointing out that coal(the electrical generation equivalent of the bag phone in your world) was producing very close to 100% and renewables (the electrical generation of a smart phone in your world) was producing at 10% or less.

Getting back to hydro. Site C dam in B.C. was originally envisioned back in the early 80’s. I believe it was decided somewhere around 2010 to build it and completion date is now 2025. How long do you think in today’s Canada it would take to build the next hydroelectric dam? Incompetence is king in today’s federal government in Canada!

Comment

You can't stop EVs and the transition away from ICE cars no matter how much you complain.
          Spoken like a true communist. You would have really been right in your element on the central planning committee in charge of the 5-year plan.
          You peasants will drive a Lada and you will like it. We will only build enough to meet 10% of demand, and you will be on a waiting list for 10 years to get the Lada. Anyone who complains that they want more vehicles or more suitable or more reliable vehicles, or shorter waiting lists will be sent to the gulag. I'm from the government and only I know best what's best for you.
          Wait a minute, this isn't entirely fiction, given your history with the CWB.

Comment

Consumers will vote with their wallets..
            Long lines of EV vehicles on dealers lots will change things.

Comment

Everything that is suppose to SAVE THE WORLD costs more.
              Restaurants using paper straws, those weird containers for food, all more expensive than plastic and Styrofoam..

Comment

Originally posted by Partners View Post
                Consumers having a choice and voting with their wallets is the problem. The consumers won't switch to an inferior technology if they have a choice. Therefore, they cannot be permitted to have a choice. See Chuck's statement above about consumers complaining not changing anything.

Comment

Want a F 150 gas burner..2 to 6 months wait.
                  Want a lightning? 2 sitting on Humboldt lot for 2 months now..
                  People just flocking for them ..not..

Comment

Originally posted by Partners View Post

What do the 98% of the population that don't drive $125k autos do?

I don't see being able to get by with an EV as your only vehicle.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_20230318-155238_Chrome.jpg
Views:	2
Size:	96.9 KB
ID:	774735
                    Last edited by shtferbrains; Mar 18, 2023, 15:59.

Comment

Unfukingbelievable

Comment

Don't forget to add the luxury tax.
                        And the battery life on my latest phone is awful.

Comment

I have some fond memories of those old bag phones.

Antenna on the roof they were much more dependable than the intermittent service from a hand held.

Not great for internet.

Comment

Originally posted by shtferbrains View Post
                            I have some fond memories of those old bag phones.

Antenna on the roof they were much more dependable than the intermittent service from a hand held.

Not great for internet.
                            I don't seem to recall the bag phones having a battery. Perhaps there was a portable model and one meant to be left in the car? All the ones I remember using took power from the vehicle.
                            And don't use it unless it's an emergency because airtime was very expensive.

Comment

Originally posted by shtferbrains View Post
                              What do the 98% of the population that don't drive $125k autos do?

I don't see being able to get by with an EV as your only vehicle.

[ATTACH]12190[/ATTACH]
                              QUICK buy both of the trucks at Humboldt Chuck! Hell of a deal!

Comment

Here's a better option for those who are already feeling nostalgic for the era of overpriced ICE trucks! LOL

Its a deal!

Ram today unveiled three special editions of the popular Ram 1500 (as if there weren’t enough already) at the annual State Fair of Texas. Two of them will go on sale in Canada including one that is the most expensive and exclusive pickup ever offered by the brand.
                                We’re talking about the 2022 Ram 1500 TRX Ignition Edition, which is priced from $125,075 (plus $2,795 destination and handling). Canadian buyers will have to act quickly since there will only be 100 units available.

No doubt many of "boys" love their overpriced trucks that depreciate at an alarming rate with some of the highest costs of ownership of any vehicle on the market, aside from the luxury vehicle market.

When some of the boys get the big first job, its time to buy a truck, quad, snowmachine and maybe a boat all on credit. All them will pay for themselves in time! And when they get laid off, they can survive on their savings for about 5 minutes! LOL
                                Last edited by chuckChuck; Mar 19, 2023, 09:07.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                                • Return to Topic List
                                Working...
                                X

This website uses tracking tools, including cookies. We use these technologies for a variety of reasons, including to recognize new and past website users, to customize your experience, perform analytics and deliver personalized advertising on our sites, apps and newsletters and across the Internet based on your interests.
                                You agree to our and by clicking I agree.