• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

A interesting tweet from a indigenous friend

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

A interesting tweet from a indigenous friend

I wasnt in this town on holidays but one with similar problems.

First hand good to see not really "good" but to see it in the flesh.

The guy that tweeted is a indigenous character. Never gives up trying to help his fellow mob.

Sorry glenn before ya go off the deep end.

Some slight parrallels to your great land and its indegenous issues.

Went fishing with a husband and wife , the wifes grandmother was a full blood, but natasha just had darkish skin and just identifies as australian not indigenous even though she is. Has full blood cousins.

Wow to some of the stuff she told me, local adult prison and juvenille detention centre has kids as young as ten, rarely get held for more than a week.
    A badge of honour or rite of passage to go to juvey she said, the younger you go the higher up the pecking order you are. Car theft and break ins mostly.

Kids walking down the street with packet of smokes in there tshirt sleeve wow some must have been well under 10 having a gasper, get older people bought them or they stole em.

Back to natasha she was ostrasiced in her teens for not partaking in shoplifting etc what the women do.

She added maybe 90% of cousins school friends had been in jail at least twice, some come out the other side some dont in and out.

Anyway hope ya enjoy the tweet and comments

Comment

From the author "a proud blackfella" and quote

"This behaviour has nothing to with colonisation. It has everything to do with entitlement"

Comment

The idea that all the problems of idigenous people in Canada and Australia are caused by a lack of personal responsibility is at best a naive view of the issues facing indigenous people.

If it was only indigenous people who commit crime and make mistakes you might have a point. But that is not the case. If you are poor, have nothing to lose and need to survive people will do all kinds of things regardless of the colour of their skin.

I have been coaching youth sports and over the winter and we had a couple of racist incidents that for the players and their parents involved were very upsetting and had a very negative impact on the kids involved.

I don't think anybody who hasn't experienced racism, can imagine the impact of racism has on the lives of those that experience it.

In Canada you can add in the genocide, loss of land and resources, poverty, dysfunctional reserves, underfunded education and healthcare, a shortage of housing, pervasive social problems, residential schools and abuse, MMIW, the sixities scoop and the outdated Indian act and many other things.

It's not just a matter of personal responsibility. It's a shared responsibility to end racism and make the lives of indigenous people better.
        Last edited by chuckChuck; Mar 14, 2023, 08:02.

Comment

did you view the tweet and read many of the indigenous people commenting.

many here in idigenous community are over the the "past history" stuff

bungy mean one indigenous freind to another even though they dont know each other.

and "deadly" means great or awesome.

natasha the girl with indigenous heritige also added most present day indigenous dont give a stuff about what happned 100 years ago only the do gooder whites do.

was a interesting 7 hours fishing with her and listening to a different opinion is she right or wrong niether just another opinion.
          Last edited by Landdownunder; Mar 14, 2023, 16:18.

Comment

Chuckroach needs to hang out in moccasin flats North Battleford a little more often, he won’t be banned from the adult section he would soon cease to exist, problem solved!

Comment

Originally posted by TSIPP View Post
              Chuckroach needs to hang out in moccasin flats North Battleford a little more often, he won’t be banned from the adult section he would soon cease to exist, problem solved!
              they gave me a tour of the bad parts of this outback town and said never walk here at night you will get tapped. Didnt think was this bad in 2023 and fueds between warring clans are full on still going in this day and age

Comment

Originally posted by Landdownunder View Post
                they gave me a tour of the bad parts of this outback town and said never walk here at night you will get tapped. Didnt think was this bad in 2023 and fueds between warring clans are full on still going in this day and age
                I lived in Regina for 15 years, lots of bad parts when it gets dark. If you’re looking for trouble it’ll find you quickly, in reality you don’t have to look.

Comment

No doubt the majority of first nation people are fed up with the crime and social dysfunction and want to have safer and successful communities to live in.

It's not surprising that crime and violence are a problem where ever you find a marginalized racialized group that suffer from poverty and social dysfunction.

But how come indigenous people in Canada and Australia have a lot of the same problems?

It wouldn't have anything to do with how they have been treated by the colonizers, the current society and the dominant governments would it?

Any suggestion that their history under colonization and the current society have nothing to do with the issues at hand is misguided.

There is a mentality amongst some people that their situation is all their own fault. And many of the same people dispute and downplay the harms indigenous people have experienced and are experiencing.

Comment

Originally posted by chuckChuck View Post
                    No doubt the majority of first nation people are fed up with the crime and social dysfunction and want to have safer and successful communities to live in.

It's not surprising that crime and violence are a problem where ever you find a marginalized racialized group that suffer from poverty and social dysfunction.

But how come indigenous people in Canada and Australia have a lot of the same problems?

It wouldn't have anything to do with how they have been treated by the colonizers, the current society and the dominant governments would it?

Any suggestion that their history under colonization and the current society have nothing to do with the issues at hand is misguided.

There is a mentality amongst some people that their situation is all their own fault. And many of the same people dispute and downplay the harms indigenous people have experienced and are experiencing.
                    Not disagreeing with any of this. Seems though playing the same old tune on the same old violin especially on this forum is counterproductive. Instead of being a perpetual complainer why not highlight some of the successes First Nations communities have had both on and off reserve. Think a lot of us root for the successful more so than want to cry for the failures. Highlight those who want to get ahead but are hampered by the Indian Act, internecine affairs, or government. Colonialism messed a lot of shit up all around this world and we are paying for it today. It’s not a problem exclusive to First Nations in Canada. Better off to study the successes and use that as a guideline to fixing the mess.

Comment

Chuck likes to play the racism card. A timely story from a black friend of mine.
                      He is ambitious, honest, generous, has his own business, and was working on one of the local reserves, leaving his equipment there when required. Recently, he was broke down on the side of the road. The only vehicle to stop didn't offer help, but instead, just stopped to yell every racial slur imaginable at him, to tell him he wasn't welcome on their reserve because of his skin colour, threaten him etc. Once his race was known to the locals, then his equipment was sabotaged, property stolen etc. He is afraid to even go back.

Comment

He simply didn't have the right connections or kickbacks. That's just business. Anybody with iron up north will tell you that.

Comment

Maybe if everybody paid their fair share of taxes like the rest of us it would go a LOOONNNGGG way in the way this country is run also. Sorry Chuck2 but 33% of the people can't keep paying 110% of the bills. I shouldn't even have to tell you that.

My Great Grandfather , Grandfather ,Dad, and myself have paid for the land I'm standing on , and nobody better come here and tell me they are "entitled" to it.

Question : If you aren't willing to work for something , why are you "entitled " to it ?

Just my opinion , sorry some of the Trudeau supporters don't like it.

Take care all.

Comment

Glenn there were 780 replies huge amount from ingigenous people.

They are over the colonisation and what happened 100 yrs ago.

its now and how do they fix it.

doubting you even read any of them mate.

the inner city do gooder whites hate it when ingigenous people disagree with them, like the author has said many times we cant keep saying sorry every 20 yrs and hoping it all comes good with a apology

Comment

Every little function I attend and the mc starts with thanking all the treaties whose land we're on. My mind thanks my forefathers who built everything on it that we're using today.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                              • Return to Topic List
                              Working...
                              X

This website uses tracking tools, including cookies. We use these technologies for a variety of reasons, including to recognize new and past website users, to customize your experience, perform analytics and deliver personalized advertising on our sites, apps and newsletters and across the Internet based on your interests.
                              You agree to our and by clicking I agree.