• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Ukraine "on the ground"

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Game theory boys. Whoever launches first dies second. USA, Britain, France, Russia have nuclear subs sneaking around the oceans with payloads capable of wiping out a country each. USA nato norad know every rocket launch everywhere in the known earth. Even psychotic Russia has a chain of command a nuclear launch must go through. It isn’t reason to completely discredit the threat but to not be a ***** and live in fear of a third world despot.

Comment

getting photos often

daily snippetts from me mate over there.

if i post anything jazz will just call BS and call me a liar so I dont bother

still ugly nil all draw at moment

Comment

tried to send some "real time photos" forage alas cant do it on agriville message section

Comment

mallee, I never call someone a liar, but I believe many are deceived by relentless propaganda. That was evident during covid.

Go check fellow aussie Willy OAM on youtube. He gives an assessment of the war every day or so. He is not fully up to date and still has rose colored glasses on as ex military, but a hell of a lot closer than any MSM channel will ever be.

Comment

I can't begin to comprehend much less predict a culture that has existed on the same ground for thousands of years.
            Lifelong foreign affairs experts are outsiders looking in.
            Usually the quiet ones in a crowd know the most. Internet has allowed anyone to be an armchair general.
            My guess is conflict will always be around the corner with occasional intergenerational quiet periods. Which tribe wins today's civil war skirmish? Don't know.

Comment

Originally posted by blackpowder View Post
              Usually the quiet ones in a crowd know the most. Internet has allowed anyone to be an armchair general.
              Truer words have not been spoken.
              Thinking about no one in particular on agriville I'm certain.

Comment

Originally posted by foragefarmer View Post
                You say your ancestors are from Ukraine, maybe start acting like it.
                I'm trying to understand the implications of your suggestion.
                Does this only apply to those whose ancestors are ukrainian? Or does it equally apply to anyone who has Russian ancestors?
                What about anyone with German ancestry? As far as we can tell, that is where my ancestors came from. Apparently they were so ashamed of that, that they took the secret of their ancestry to the grave. Should I take your advice and show my support for everything the Germans have done? I'm assuming that my ancestors would not be proud of me if I did that.
                What about those who managed to escape the constant tribal warfare and genocides within the Middle East, who came here for a better life? Do they need to act like their ancestors?

Many decades ago when my dad was completing a census, he insisted that his ethnicity was canadian. At that time, the census taker wouldn't accept that response. But it is true, most immigrants came here to get away from the old country. Not to bring the never ending feuds and hatred and poverty and corruption along with them.
                Last edited by AlbertaFarmer5; Mar 4, 2023, 19:28.

Comment

Originally posted by wiseguy
                  Its odd to me the lefties didn't seem to concerned when the war started in 2014 !

Now that the lefties have dropped $ billion$ over there they must think it's a good time to visit and take some pictures !
                  Unfortunately you are very correct , this has been brewing for 8 years and no one said a word .

Comment

Exactly AB5, ours too, no ties to their past. If our family name is googled, majority of replies say German...none admitted to that. Suspect the ancestors moved around that area. When border, ruling gov changed.

Comment

Originally posted by AlbertaFarmer5 View Post
                      I'm trying to understand the implications of your suggestion.
                      Does this only apply to those whose ancestors are ukrainian? Or does it equally apply to anyone who has Russian and ancestors?
                      What about anyone with German ancestry? As far as we can tell, that is where my ancestors came from. Apparently they were so ashamed of that that they took the secret of their ancestry to the grave. Should I take your advice and show my support for everything the Germans have done? I'm assuming that my ancestors would not be proud of me if I did that.
                      Who managed to escape the constant tribal warfare and genocides within the Middle East, who came here for a better life? Do they need to act like their ancestors?

Many decades ago when my dad was completing a census, he insisted that his ethnicity was canadian. At that time, the census taker wouldn't accept that response. But it is true, most immigrants came here to get away from the old country. Not to bring the never ending feuds and hatred and poverty and corruption along with them.
                      No truer words have been spoken. Ancestry dna tests are interesting but beyond that mean nothing. After your family have been in the same place for 200 years you are that place not where your great great great great grandpa came from. I identify as western Canadian even though both sides originated in the east. Been out this way long enough that this is my homeland and identity. All the UK origin means absolutely nothing to me.

Comment

I loved America as much as Canada but neither is particularly endearing to me anymore.

Comment

That feeling in your heart when singing the national anthem is gone, how does someone get it back?

Comment

Originally posted by TSIPP View Post
                            That feeling in your heart when singing the national anthem is gone, how does someone get it back?
                            Watch the recent interviews with Tamara Litch. She says that seeing Canadians of all stripes come together during the convoy converted her from a devoted separatist, into a nationalist believing that Canada is worth saving.

Comment

Originally posted by fjlip View Post
                              Exactly AB5, ours too, no ties to their past. If our family name is googled, majority of replies say German...none admitted to that. Suspect the ancestors moved around that area. When border, ruling gov changed.
                              For some reason Forage hasn't responded.

Comment

just read a article from a journalist i like , tricky guy at times dont know if hes a lefty or a righty.

Anyway explained a few reasons why a conlculive victory from putin or zelensky will never happen.

Zelensky gets armed putin will get armed via china and vice versa

Truce "as is" niether ide will negoiate.

Was a sobering appraisal.

Putin by now would have expected to win Zelkensky would have expected to lose almost nil ground niether has happened.

We are armchair experts who in reality know jack shitz or his brother john shitz.

My freind is still there for another week but hes hoping to stay longer for the network but thinks hes gonna get pulled out as "nothing is happening" but in his words bad stuff is happening every day thats newsworthy, he films it but if his bosses dont use it thats out of his hands

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                                • Return to Topic List
                                Working...