• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Sure you guys are up to speed with this

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sure you guys are up to speed with this

The biggest impact of coronavirus on Ag will be the availability of chemicals. Large factory and logistic shut downs - chemicals could feasibly be in short supply ahead of the season.

Double hit in Australia demand will be unreal in areas that have had flooding rains

Many boneheaded farmers head in the sand ah it’s just chem suppliers tying to push prices up.

This is a black swan event in chem industry.

Other furphy my chemicals are manufactured in Australia errrr bad luk guys your Corect except raw product comes from China.

People have zero idea the world needs a healthy vibrant China and its economy strong, Tarif war muddied the waters.

All the rhetoric USA will beat China in trade war no one really understood ramifications on both sides now chuck in corona virus this shit is getting serious

Another casualty in corona virus is solar panel apparently it’s effect has been far reaching.

Wool industry in a spin as well

Live cattle exports in a spin won’t let Chinese vessels dock here in short term

Comment

Agree. This shit is getting serious if "chuck" has corona virus. I thought it was only Trump! Still "like" me cc.!

This may have a silver lining should the chemical companies not have the supplies for next crop. It would suddenly be the case that forced organics will determine whether the world can continue to grow surpluses that depress prices, that piss grain farmers off.

I would bet that their warehouses are full of product for this season. Those formulations were already mixed prior to this outbreak. Perhaps, all bets are off for 2021, but by then there will be a vaccine. In the meantime, hunker down and survive.

Can catch a flu, but can't catch a break.

Comment

Don’t know if your aware the biggest numero uno chem factory blew up back in September as well.

Factories warehouses maybe full nothing is shifting.

Don’t shoot the messenger every farmer in oz is getting requirements know rather than usual April May.

At least I got a response feel like I talk to myself on here at times lol

Comment

Very good point , nothing been said around here yet on chem. No one raising alarm bells yet , but definitely will be on the watch now

Comment

Good thread. I don't pay until fall, but I booked my chemicals just now......in case.

Comment

Thanks just booked all chemicals for crop, Westfield auger clutches apparently in quarantine?

Comment

Question...

All the money that FNA has taken in since harvest for spring/summer delivery of chemical...

Is it in store?

Can you get your money back if they can't source it?

Can you demand that the product be dropped in your yard tomorrow afternoon?

Comment

Originally posted by malleefarmer View Post
                  At least I got a response feel like I talk to myself on here at times lol
                  I ALWAYS read your posts. Keep em comin. Ill attempt to be more "social".

Comment

Thankful fert is immune

as China is a very small player in urea MAP and DAP SOA

Comment

Got to agree with Helmsdale, we haven’t bought from fna for a while because of ongoing rumours of cash problems and the fact that they delivered phos a month late at seeding 2 years ago. Now with quarantine problems, this could be a nightmare.

Comment

Read all your posts.

If I wasn't a Canadian, I'd be an Australian.

Are your buds getting their chemicals, or just on a waiting list? I know about lists. You are number 29. Six months later, you are number 29.

Best advice, relax, rehab, and plant a garden you can hoe! You may be broke, but at least you will eat!

Comment

Many guys me included thought about 2 weeks ago shitze this might be a issue

This week was actually a few grain brokers raised the issue said could be problem going foward.

I had no idea that about 70 of chems in the world now are manufactured in China and and 85% of raw product is made in China other player is India, rest of the world is a minute percentage.

You might hear our chemicals are Canadian made o the likes fact is it’s still Chinese origin the ingeridiants

Comment

Originally posted by malleefarmer View Post
                            Many guys me included thought about 2 weeks ago shitze this might be a issue

This week was actually a few grain brokers raised the issue said could be problem going foward.

I had no idea that about 70 of chems in the world now are manufactured in China and and 85% of raw product is made in China other player is India, rest of the world is a minute percentage.

You might hear our chemicals are Canadian made o the likes fact is it’s still Chinese origin the ingeridiants
                            This is bad...

But the truly startling thing is the % of our antibiotics and generic medication that is now manufactured in china..

Comment

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                              • Return to Topic List
                              Working...
                              X

This website uses tracking tools, including cookies. We use these technologies for a variety of reasons, including to recognize new and past website users, to customize your experience, perform analytics and deliver personalized advertising on our sites, apps and newsletters and across the Internet based on your interests.
                              You agree to our and by clicking I agree.