• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

15 Business Days

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by the big wheel View Post
    Who says I m not? Lmao would you like 38 cents for canary right now?
    Ok, good for you. You getting paid same day for it??

Comment

And if you're a farmer with total of sales of $2,000,000 waiting 20 days for $250,000 isn't a big deal?

Comment

Originally posted by Birddog View Post
        And if you're a farmer with total of sales of $2,000,000 waiting 20 days for $250,000 isn't a big deal?
        Just saying the result will be less companies to deal with and that usually results in money out of pocket.

If you are targeting cashflow for March and you deliver first week of Feb with a cheque two weeks later are you out anything?

Delivery gets pushed with the line companies as much as the special crop companies. But I know for sure it will be like harvest season all year round if we only have the choice of three to sell to.

Comment

You guys are absolutely right. Thanks for industrysplaining it to me. The argument of only having line companies to deal with is an old CWB supporter argument isn't it? Probably easier for Murad to keep using farmers as a form of financing than giving Buffett a call. Best not to change. Small companies on the verge of insolvency are adding to my bottom line.

Comment

I feel like I am reading articles from 100 years ago when they were discussing how farmers were getting taken advantage of and set up producer owned grain companies and co-ops and started the Board of Grain Commissioners to monitor and control the grain industry "In the interest of producers" What happened have we came a full circle.

Comment

You guys are absolutely right. Thanks for industrysplaining it to me. The argument of only having line companies to deal with is an old CWB supporter argument isn't it? Probably easier for Murad to keep using farmers as a form of financing than giving Buffett a call. Best not to change. Small companies on the verge of insolvency are adding to my bottom line.
              Bahaha. Actually exactly the opposite. CWB supporters love the line companies and discourage dealing with these young upstarts.

Like I said you don't have to deal with anyone that doesn't pay you on the driveway now. A CWB supporter would love more regulation in the industry. Or you could just use the free market approach. Everyone sells to only those that pay right away and the others, if their sales are impacted have to adapt or lose out.

Pretty simple.
              Last edited by LEP; Feb 11, 2020, 15:10.

Comment

Exactly. So don't write a newsletter blaming farmers because you won't change.

Comment

Exactly. So don't write a newsletter blaming farmers because you won't change.
                  Not sure what you are talking about. I went and read the newsletter you are talking about and don't see anything blaming farmers for anything. I paraphrase, but he does mention selling uncleaned lentils is short term term thinking that will bite the industry in the butt. Not sure how that blames farmers.

I think you are alittle sensitive.

Comment

I wasn't always this sensitive. After ILTA went under being an unsecured lender started getting to me. They looked to be going great guns and were very good at paying within 10 days. It was a situation that should have caused more change in the industry but it hasn't.
                    Oh well, time to switch to dove I guess.

Comment

I wasn't always this sensitive. After ILTA went under being an unsecured lender started getting to me. They looked to be going great guns and were very good at paying within 10 days. It was a situation that should have caused more change in the industry but it hasn't.
                      Oh well, time to switch to dove I guess.
                      I agree that waiting for payment is a real risk and am not saying that it is not a problem. But in this environment of tight margins, choose who you sell to carefully.

My point is if the rules of operation get regulated to one day payment the choices become smaller and the basis will become wide.

If waiting causes you stress, look for a quicker, more secure grain buyer. Let someone else wait for their payment.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                      • Return to Topic List
                      Working...
                      X

This website uses tracking tools, including cookies. We use these technologies for a variety of reasons, including to recognize new and past website users, to customize your experience, perform analytics and deliver personalized advertising on our sites, apps and newsletters and across the Internet based on your interests.
                      You agree to our and by clicking I agree.