• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Bayer/ Dekalb

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bayer/ Dekalb

So I ‘booked’ but didn’t pay for my canola seed for next year. RR has always been my preference as I like the weed control better then Invigor. With the wet springs I wanted a Truflex in case I needed to spray a second time and conditions weren’t great. I wanted 98CR but of course it was tight and my guys couldn’t get it. So I settled for 94CR. I heard it was inconsistent but the guys assured me it would be ok -last year wasn’t a year to judge anything by. Well today I get a call. Bayer pulled 94CR off the market. In Friggen January! And there is no clubroot varieties to sub to as they are sold out of 98CR and tight in 7542(not Truflex). So wtf do i try and find now? I need a CR variety in my area and options seem to be limited. Anyone grow Canterra? Brett Young? I’m kind of pissed at my retail - if the shit was no good then why did you sell it to me in the first place? If I would have just ordered 7542, I would have been fine. Anyone else get this call?

I got an email. I can’t believe it took em this long to fess up the varieties were dogs. Maybe the impending court cases and lynch mobs laying in wait might have something to do as well.

Comment

Our retail refused to sell 92 and 94 in Nov..

Comment

Originally posted by WiltonRanch View Post
        I got an email. I can’t believe it took em this long to fess up the varieties were dogs. Maybe the impending court cases and lynch mobs laying in wait might have something to do as well.
        Did they offer u something else? Mine said BY 6090. It looks late. I still have a quarter to clean up in the spring. I sure as hell don’t need late!

Comment

Canterra has good varieties, ceo not so much.

Comment

Originally posted by Partners View Post
            Our retail refused to sell 92 and 94 in Nov..
            Wish mine did the same. He said Bayer has a ratio of Truflex to non truflex they had to hit to get margin. So sell me shit to make sure you get paid. This is bs.

Comment

Originally posted by ABfarm View Post
              Wish mine did the same. He said Bayer has a ratio of Truflex to non truflex they had to hit to get margin. So sell me shit to make sure you get paid. This is bs.
              It's not CR but the most popular variety is 7565 for next yr because all truflex dekalb was a dud..

Comment

Originally posted by Partners View Post
                It's not CR but the most popular variety is 7565 for next yr because all truflex dekalb was a dud..
                The neighbours field was confirmed clubroot positive 2 years ago. I’m sure I have it too if I look hard enough. I can’t take the chance. I didn’t mind 7542 but that’s sold out now too. Maybe I’ll call the Pioneer hybrid rep tomorrow.

Comment

The neighbours field was confirmed clubroot positive 2 years ago. I’m sure I have it too if I look hard enough. I can’t take the chance. I didn’t mind 7542 but that’s sold out now too. Maybe I’ll call the Pioneer hybrid rep tomorrow.
                  Check out 45H37 if your looking at an earlier maturity RR clubroot.

Comment

Did they offer u something else? Mine said BY 6090. It looks late. I still have a quarter to clean up in the spring. I sure as hell don’t need late!
                    I had the 98 booked for a portion of my acres but cut that down for 7444 or 7545. So many wrecks with 94 and 92 around this area.

Comment

Don't shut out the Liberty stuff if your stuck. Don't forget your after bushels.

Comment

6090 is late and you will be scrapping the ground to combine it, had a section of it in last year and it went flat as piss on a plate. their older variety 6074, now there is a good canola just not a clubroot or straight cut . Although it does stand nice and can be straight cut.

Comment

45CM39 from Pioneer was grown by a couple of neighbours here. Did very well even with the limited rainfall and awful harvest weather. I’m an Invigor fan mostly and 234PC did great here in same conditions. Brevant, the other half of Corteva ( Pioneer) has a couple club root choices too but I have no idea how they perform or availability. 45H33 is another Pioneer one.

Comment

I grew canterra 2600 last year, it's a truflex and cr. It is tall and didnt like snow, and didnt mature but I think that's just the year. I havent got mine off yet, but another neighbour did and he was happy and booked it again for next year.
                            Last edited by GDR; Jan 16, 2020, 10:12.

Comment

Neighbor had 6090.
                              Looked real good all yr.
                              A week later than most but it turned out good he said..

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                              • Return to Topic List
                              Working...
                              X

This website uses tracking tools, including cookies. We use these technologies for a variety of reasons, including to recognize new and past website users, to customize your experience, perform analytics and deliver personalized advertising on our sites, apps and newsletters and across the Internet based on your interests.
                              You agree to our and by clicking I agree.