• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Lets name all the farm groups......

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Lets name all the farm groups......

That are supposedly working on our behalf....add on and ask yourself and comment as to what they have done on our behalf...

1. APAS....????
    2. Grain growers Canada....????
    3. Ag Growth Coalition....????
    4. Sask canola
    5. Sask Pulse
    6. saskflax
    7. Pulse canada
    8. CCGA
    9. Canadian Cattleman Assoc.
    10. Sask stock growers
    11. Sask wheat
    12. Sask barley
    13. Ag more than ever/ agvocate
    14. SARM...

A lot of these groups have the same people on them...and what have they accomplished to better agriculture for your farm?

Since a federal election is coming up ...it would be nice to hear what my checkoff dollars or tax dollar representatives are doing ..

Or will the excuse be we have to wait for a new government...
    Last edited by bucket; Sep 6, 2019, 07:30.

I will disagree with you on the cattleman"s association and sask stock growers. I am not a rancher but I do hear ads on the radio sponsored by Sask beef promoting their product, same as the ad campaign from Sask dairy. On the other hand has anybody ever heard anything from our producer groups promoting anything?

Comment

Originally posted by Misterjade9 View Post
      I will disagree with you on the cattleman"s association and sask stock growers. I am not a rancher but I do hear ads on the radio sponsored by Sask beef promoting their product, same as the ad campaign from Sask dairy. On the other hand has anybody ever heard anything from our producer groups promoting anything?
      I just listed them ...I think they have an obligation to ask candidates in the federal election about policy...

I haven't passed judgement on this thread yet other than the ones with the ????? behind them.

Comment

For the first time ever I applied for my check off money back.
        Messages need to be sent.
        I can imagine what some heavy hitters are paying. But everything is relative.
        August 31 was the deadline.

Comment

You have listed the Sask producer groups but AB and Man have the same groups for their provinces with the same mandates?

Comment

Originally posted by farmaholic View Post
            For the first time ever I applied for my check off money back.
            Messages need to be sent.
            I can imagine what some heavy hitters are paying. But everything is relative.
            August 31 was the deadline.
            August 31 deadline. I wonder why they choose that date. Busy time of year and guys don’t bother getting check off back. Dec 31 deadline.... I bet there would be a less money going into the coffers

Comment

Originally posted by Bowerpower View Post
              August 31 deadline. I wonder why they choose that date. Busy time of year and guys don’t bother getting check off back. Dec 31 deadline.... I bet there would be a less money going into the coffers
              I wonder how much they would get if the check offs were voluntary at time of grain sales instead and if some of the other voluntary groups would have a better enrollment if they were added to the list at time of grain deliveries.

Comment

Why did all these groups not get together and go to Ottawa to demand action on tariffs ?? That is by far the number on issue . We are getting shut out of markets all over the world yet you hear nothing
                I hope they all enjoy their winter meetings in warm tropical destinations this winter as producers will struggle to pay bills with shit prices and very limited market access
                Oh and dealing with wet harvest weather that deteriorating quality by the day
                Last edited by furrowtickler; Sep 6, 2019, 09:58.

Comment

Originally posted by Misterjade9 View Post
                  Is that what they need to be doing though and is it good value for money? Generic advertising of beef in rural areas of the domestic marketplace? I don't have the current figures in Canada but the beef sector in the US is an absolute bloodbath by all accounts and I fully expect that to carryover into Canada this fall given how the two markets are so integrated. Packer margins are at an all time high ($6-700/animal) while the % of retail dollar coming back to beef producers is going to hit an all time low this year, surpassing last year's woeful low by quite a margin.

Comment

Originally posted by furrowtickler View Post
                    Why did all these groups not get together and go to Ottawa to demand action on tariffs ?? That is by far the number on issue . We are getting shut out of markets all over the world yet you hear nothing
                    I hope they all enjoy their winter meetings in warm tropical destinations this winter as producers will struggle to pay bills with shit prices and very limited market access
                    Oh and dealing with wet harvest weather that deteriorating quality by the day
                    because they don't have to
                    we let the do sweet **** all

Comment

Same guys recycle from one organization to others. Basically useless fools who just collect a check and fly all over on our dime

Comment

Need people who are willing to go in and stir the pot🐎

Comment

Too bad the bitchers and whiners on Agriville couldn’t attract more than the other bitchers and whiners on Agriville.

Comment

I get all my check off back dollars back now for the last couple years, rather send that money to charitable organizations that MAKE A DIFFERENCE.

Comment

Originally posted by stubblejumper View Post
                              Too bad the bitchers and whiners on Agriville couldn’t attract more than the other bitchers and whiners on Agriville.
                              Too bad the useless people at these check off $ clubs couldnt get off their ass and open their mouths

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                              • Return to Topic List
                              Working...
                              X

This website uses tracking tools, including cookies. We use these technologies for a variety of reasons, including to recognize new and past website users, to customize your experience, perform analytics and deliver personalized advertising on our sites, apps and newsletters and across the Internet based on your interests.
                              You agree to our and by clicking I agree.