• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

GDP

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Anyone check fuel lately ? Up 10 cents here in last 2-3 weeks

Comment

Originally posted by ajl View Post
      Actually the economy is in deflation right at the moment particularly in USD terms. Gas prices 1.15 two years ago in AB, now 0.92. Can get a loaf of bread in NoFrills today for 0.97 which is about the same price as 40 years ago. Nat gas way cheaper than even 15 years ago. In large parts of the US (central and eastern state, you can buy 3.78 L of milk for 0.80 US. Wages in many industries are the same as 20 years ago. This is why government is working over time to manufacture inflation. All that manufactured inflation has done is create asset bubbles.

I agree with all that... What I meant was telling capitalist economic system is inflationary in nature... We are starting to see the deflationary side though... We may soon have a melt down

Comment

Originally posted by Klause View Post
        I agree with all that... What I meant was telling capitalist economic system is inflationary in nature... We are starting to see the deflationary side though... We may soon have a melt down
        ....again? After 08.....then up up and away again to where we are now.

Good thing the Govs printed all that money, otherwise there wouldn't have been enough to go around. Fuel---for the economic engine....bigger and bigger all the time...until it collapses under it's own weight.

I wonder what economies would look like today in the Western World if things would have been left to sort itself out without all the interference. Maybe I wouldn't want to know?

Comment

I don't think wages are the same as 20 years ago. We pay alot more for our help now. Problem is everyone wants to be paid well to play on their phone.

Comment

Originally posted by seabass View Post
            I don't think wages are the same as 20 years ago. We pay alot more for our help now. Problem is everyone wants to be paid well to play on their phone.
            Agreed.

"These wages are kind of low for the stupid hours. I need time off to pursue my personal interests. Look at what my friend snapchatted me!!
            Its too hot.
            Its too cold.
            Ifs too windy

Comment

Calm before the storm? I think land prices could finally be in the frothy territory. Alot of guys are starting to say to themselves "Why the hell farm it if I can get $100 acre rent?" Or "Half a million a quarter Aloha!" Unless you have your rose coloured glasses like the BTO's in my area shes not a rosy picture.

Comment

Originally posted by biglentil View Post
                Calm before the storm? I think land prices could finally be in the frothy territory. Alot of guys are starting to say to themselves "Why the hell farm it if I can get $100 acre rent?" Or "Half a million a quarter Aloha!" Unless you have your rose coloured glasses like the BTO's in my area shes not a rosy picture.
                Land has no where to go but UP-UP-UP..... Don't forget the mantras... they ain't makin any more and a hungry world needs to eat. **** the economics of buying and paying for it.... that doesn't matter when you have cash cash cash to dump on it. I've been wrong predicting a correction for the last three to five years, missed the boat early on and now afraid to "board" at these prices.

Comment

Originally posted by farmaholic View Post
                  Land has no where to go but UP-UP-UP..... Don't forget the mantras... they ain't makin any more and a hungry world needs to eat. **** the economics of buying and paying for it.... that doesn't matter when you have cash cash cash to dump on it. I've been wrong predicting a correction for the last three to five years, missed the boat early on and now afraid to "board" at these prices.
                  lots more land can be farmed in s America, Africa, and the fsu is only getting started on increasing productivity. production can easily maintain healthy carry out stocks, suppressing grain prices for generations.

Comment

Originally posted by MBgrower View Post
                    lots more land can be farmed in s America, Africa, and the fsu is only getting started on increasing productivity. production can easily maintain healthy carry out stocks, suppressing grain prices for generations.
                    Now there's a negative wave if I ever saw one...

Comment

Originally posted by MBgrower View Post
                      That's why we need to burn more non reneweables. Let's heat this world up and get those areas outta production. Another ten growing days here. Bring it on. No carbon tax. Yes carbon subsidy.

Comment

There's a lot more land can be farmed right here in Saskatchewan. Whoever says, "they are not making anymore" ought just get out and have a look around. Right now the provincial government is auctioning crown land that will likely be broken and seeded and if you go just north of PA and see the caterpillars breaking bush, beautiful bush soil will grow a crop in years to come.

Comment

............remember I said "mantra".

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                          • Return to Topic List
                          Working...
                          X

This website uses tracking tools, including cookies. We use these technologies for a variety of reasons, including to recognize new and past website users, to customize your experience, perform analytics and deliver personalized advertising on our sites, apps and newsletters and across the Internet based on your interests.
                          You agree to our and by clicking I agree.