• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Glen/chuck wheat

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Glen/chuck wheat

He got me thinking this morning about many on here with outdated thinking etc.

Guess that’s why he hates single desk marketing so much and has moved on from it, it’s outdated.

At least I agree on that with him.

Off to get some promised crop pics for you today.

You all need some light humour.

Originally posted by malleefarmer View Post
    He got me thinking this morning about many on here with outdated thinking etc.

Guess that’s why he hates single desk marketing so much and has moved on from it, it’s outdated.

At least I agree on that with him.

Off to get some promised crop pics for you today.

You all need some light humour.
    Touche

Comment

Because his fellow Comrades at the NFU have certainly moved on. This from Aug 1 of 2020:
      https://www.nfu.ca/2020-hindsight-ending-the-canadian-wheat-board-was-an-economic-tragedy/ https://www.nfu.ca/2020-hindsight-ending-the-canadian-wheat-board-was-an-economic-tragedy/
      First paragraph, sounds like this guy has moved on successfully, just like Chuck has:
      August 1st 2020 marks the 8th anniversary of one of the great economic tragedies in Canadian history. This was the day the wrecking ball swung by then Prime Minister Stephen Harper and former Agriculture Minister Gerry Ritz finally destroyed one of the most important institutions working for economic justice for farmers – the Canadian Wheat Board (CWB). In a malicious act driven by wrong-headed doctrine, they chose to eliminate the CWB through the Orwellian-titled Marketing Freedom for Farmers Act.

Comment

I guess the fact this imbecile doesnt give a shit what the MAJORITY of the people paying the bills wanted shows how fu-ked up they are

Comment

I remember the day clearly. Best day of my farming career!

Good riddance to the bloated Marxist bureaucracy!

Comment

Found chuck

Comment

https://youtu.be/1YLMFbYe7MU

Thanks to whoever did this. It hit all the right notes.

Comment

well thats chuck , isn't it ?? when he was on the "board"

Comment

Originally posted by caseih View Post
                  well thats chuck , isn't it ?? when he was on the "board"
                  Nah , the day when the CWB was dismantled

Comment

Its over boys....its over! You won! Harpo and Ritz delivered you marketing "freedom" in the promised land! And wheat prices have gone through the roof and your biggest problem is trying to figure out how to spend all your wheat income!

Comment

Originally posted by chuckChuck View Post
                      Its over boys....its over! You won! Harpo and Ritz delivered you marketing "freedom" in the promised land! And wheat prices have gone through the roof and your biggest problem is trying to figure out how to spend all your wheat income!
                      we sure have done better than that thieven bunch of bastards
                      highest price last year was $8.20 for #2 , 17.2 px , and i got to spend the "cream" off the top in honduras last winter, on myself , instead of supporting a criminal org.
                      how did you make out

Comment

Since the CWB has gone things are so much better that you hardly hear any complaining and whining about farming anymore on Agrisilly. LOL

Comment

I think a lot of farmers are missing something. ....my dad bought halftons with a three ton load of wheat....a 750 Massey with 6000 bushels of wheat - 36000 in 1976.....

If you think grain prices are keeping pace you are wrong and eventually volume will no longer cut it....

Plus the fact our neighbors to the south.....while using the open markets to price grain....are slso being handed over 50 billion Canadian in last few years from Trump ....that has impacted the open market pricing considerably in Canada....

Thinking that since the Cwb is gone you are better off.....is being a bit disingenuous to yourself....prices are no better you are just getting paid upfront...

The system in Canada is still very much broken.....

Comment

Originally posted by bucket View Post
                            I think a lot of farmers are missing something. ....my dad bought halftons with a three ton load of wheat....a 750 Massey with 6000 bushels of wheat - 36000 in 1976.....

If you think grain prices are keeping pace you are wrong and eventually volume will no longer cut it....

Plus the fact our neighbors to the south.....while using the open markets to price grain....are slso being handed over 50 billion Canadian in last few years from Trump ....that has impacted the open market pricing considerably in Canada....

Thinking that since the Cwb is gone you are better off.....is being a bit disingenuous to yourself....prices are no better you are just getting paid upfront...

The system in Canada is still very much broken.....
                            So all the problems weren't caused by the CWB?

Comment

Originally posted by chuckChuck View Post
                              So all the problems weren't caused by the CWB?
                              Thats not what I said....or implied....what needed to be done was a change in the grain market in Canada....

There is still no accountability...no transparency ....its a shitshow....the CWB could have changed it ...chose not too...and the conservatives with Ritz there made a mess of the current system....still no accountability or transparency....

Meanwhile american farmer are getting billions in help which directly impacts the markets we are now forced to price our grain off...

Sad part is the conservatives put in the ag critic position a person that is just a lark for the incompetence of the those that created this current mess...

37 boats floating....crickets....50 percent space at west coast ... crickets....bumper crop....and being able to move it .....crickets....guess who will be picking up the bill associated with this.....thats right the guys that love building shiny new 10000 to 30000 bushel snow fence...

In a few months there will be an outcry that the crop isn't moving because of the weather....no one in farm group wants to be proactive.....its easier to be reactive....
                              Last edited by bucket; Sep 15, 2020, 07:52.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                              • Return to Topic List
                              Working...
                              X

This website uses tracking tools, including cookies. We use these technologies for a variety of reasons, including to recognize new and past website users, to customize your experience, perform analytics and deliver personalized advertising on our sites, apps and newsletters and across the Internet based on your interests.
                              You agree to our and by clicking I agree.