• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

That Boy must be taken out!

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by bucket View Post
    Question.....

Can anyone identify where we went wrong in the last 150 years?????

I have a couple ideas but if I suggested them it might considered offensive to some...those thought I say in my house when only my wife is around...the kids don't hear it because they have to come to their own conclusions...
    I know exactly what has gone wrong and it is not even a theory. It is fact. But I too know it would be met with ridicule and scorn, so for now, I’ll keep it to myself. I know it would not be easily corrected. In fact, impossible without divine intervention.

My eleven year old knows it, because it is common sense. But we adults, well most of us, are in denial. That is how sad our moral state is.

Comment

The second coming?

Comment

Originally posted by littledoggie View Post
        ...and an elected senate.
        This is very important.
        USA has this level of government correct with 2 elected senators per state.

Comment

If Chretien had ELIMINATED the Indian Act...could be a different Canada now...we can speak freely of history, right?

Comment

Watching tonight’s news and reading the thugs are getting more brave and Trudeau does nothing. Soon anarchy will start to show its ugly face. Throw in a deadly disease and wow you can’t write a move script for this. Be safe things are going to get real. Liberals created a monster that no one can put back into the box.

Comment

Originally posted by blackpowder View Post

Won the War of 1812
              Treated Quebec like a colony
              Treated aboriginals like children.
              Kept the monarchy
              Copied the wrong legislative.
              Elected Pierre Trudeau
              Building the transcontinental railway. The west would be part of the US without it.

Comment

Originally posted by bucket View Post
                Question.....

I have a couple ideas but if I suggested them it might considered offensive to some...those thought I say in my house when only my wife is around...the kids don't hear it because they have to come to their own conclusions...
                We started to go off the rails in the 60's with the birth of the ability to mass market an idea if you had the money. We were sold on the idea of "Get Big or Go Broke" - Be Efficient! Take out the fences and haul the feed in and manure out! Learn what the word erosion means but dont worry, the government will solve that problem with Farm Land Health checkups and Environmental Farm Plans. Feed the world because there will be 20 billion of us in a few years! Don't worry about how the starving will pay for the food - Somebody in the government is looking after that part! Adopt technology and precision as fast as you can because the economy will benefit from more people farming the farmer than there are farmers!

In short we were sold on the Moron theory of progress through slick marketing focused on more of everything except rural communities and the people that make them tick.

Comment

Originally posted by Farmerjim1 View Post
                  We started to go off the rails in the 60's with the birth of the ability to mass market an idea if you had the money. We were sold on the idea of "Get Big or Go Broke" - Be Efficient! Take out the fences and haul the feed in and manure out! Learn what the word erosion means but dont worry, the government will solve that problem with Farm Land Health checkups and Environmental Farm Plans. Feed the world because there will be 20 billion of us in a few years! Don't worry about how the starving will pay for the food - Somebody in the government is looking after that part! Adopt technology and precision as fast as you can because the economy will benefit from more people farming the farmer than there are farmers!

In short we were sold on the Moron theory of progress through slick marketing focused on more of everything except rural communities and the people that make them tick.
                  I will summarize it like this from an SNL skit about changing currencies at a bank...

" we lose on every transaction ...but make it up on volume "

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                  • Return to Topic List
                  Working...
                  X

This website uses tracking tools, including cookies. We use these technologies for a variety of reasons, including to recognize new and past website users, to customize your experience, perform analytics and deliver personalized advertising on our sites, apps and newsletters and across the Internet based on your interests.
                  You agree to our and by clicking I agree.