• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Beef Subsidy

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Beef Subsidy

Cattle guys should be happy today because minister bobo is giving some major cash. 8m should go along way to helping out. Oh and its money to find new markets, not actually a support payment.

Maybe they carved some cash off the $4B the dairy farmers got.

Originally posted by jazz View Post
    Cattle guys should be happy today because minister bobo is giving some major cash. 8m should go along way to helping out. Oh and its money to find new markets, not actually a support payment.

Maybe they carved some cash off the $4B the dairy farmers got.
    It's always to find new markets....what the **** does our checkoff money go to?

The flax council said the same thing....

The pulse industry is still saying new markets...

Canola council used the same strategy. ...

The lazy ****ers are not doing their job....and get rewarded for not doing it. ...

And then the ****ing guys will say to big mouth bucket to get involved....**** off ....I am not cleaning up your shit caused by your incompetence....
    Last edited by bucket; Jul 10, 2019, 15:58.

Comment

Thats the issue isnt it new markets

Markets are basically a finite resource the only way they increase is more population or more consumption but never anything new thats my 2 cents worth

Comment

Ritz was always flying the world looking for new markets for beef too. It's all a charade - pretending to be heroically working for the rancher. Do you think the Cargills and JBSs of the world don't know where the markets are? Not only do they know where they are they are likely already supplying them with product killed in another country because it's more profitable to do so. The day it's more profitable for them to ship Canadian beef into a certain market they will do so without needing either Ritz or Bobo's assistance.
        Its really just a bullshit story to cover for successive Government's largely failed export driven market expansion. That's failure measured by net returns to primary producers not by gross export dollars or profitability of transnational processing corporations.
        Last edited by grassfarmer; Jul 10, 2019, 16:51.

Comment

Love my steak love my lamb.

Have many many city friends,city cousins etc etc and for what ever reason many of them trying these vegan non beef burgers etc and "oh there not to bad", they have for some reason in there brain box that they "should" be eating them.

Tis a worry

edit reading a bit from lamb and beef groups etc the biggest way to improve sales etc actually starts at home even though we have a snall population of 20 mill.

Often wonder why and how we export so much beef to usa always thought they would hav e plenty
          Last edited by malleefarmer; Jul 10, 2019, 16:44.

Comment

Originally posted by wiseguy
            Thanks for the Steak Cowboys !
            Appreciate it !
            I second that and pork and chicken as well appreciate the effort and products.

Comment

And lamb!!

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
              • Return to Topic List
              Working...
              X

This website uses tracking tools, including cookies. We use these technologies for a variety of reasons, including to recognize new and past website users, to customize your experience, perform analytics and deliver personalized advertising on our sites, apps and newsletters and across the Internet based on your interests.
              You agree to our and by clicking I agree.