• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Le# see the ugly Canola crops,

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

many like this, some at 100% though...Click image for larger version

Name:	093.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	98.6 KB
ID:	767464

Comment

Bit ugly i guess. Wheat, canola, sunflowers.

Click image for larger version

Name:	D-_knrjUEAAU3TI.jpg
Size:	100.1 KB
ID:	767465

Name:	D-7BLYwVAAEvyd3.jpg
Size:	102.9 KB
ID:	767466

Name:	D-7Bnu4UYAA1yIl.jpg
Size:	106.4 KB
ID:	767467

Comment

Originally posted by farmaholic View Post
        Does it matter if those twelve plants are equally distributed in only 2 square feet of the square meter?
        With the new genetics we are paying for the number required should be lower each year especially since the newer varieties that are so way way better yield than the old varieties. That 12 plants isn’t for a crop that’s what is needed for the provincial average so they don’t have to pay. Yes there are stories of 1 plant for foot going good I saw it myself but everything has to be more than perfect and no weeds ever through the year in a year like this weeds are still emerging each little rain. How many times does it pay to spray?

Comment

The weed problem is one issue that a canola plant of one per sq meter will have. Yes, the plant will grow stupid and fill in if it has space.

Something is up when volunteer seed from last year in this year wheat does better than the real thing. Yet the Canola council is Silent. But then they still think Trudeau is doing a great job and we can keep talking. Yea half a year is up already and they give us an F#$King loan. We overpay for seed in Canada and it is substandard shit.

But it just proves that farmers mean F#$K all and its the companies that the Gov worries about. Follow the money and it sure isn't flowing to farmers. The game is to get Canola cheap and then the grain companies can make money big money moving canola to the same place as always but we take a $2.00 hair cut.

ATTACH]4509[/ATTACH]

Comment

Originally posted by SASKFARMER View Post
            The weed problem is one issue that a canola plant of one per sq meter will have. Yes, the plant will grow stupid and fill in if it has space.

Something is up when volunteer seed from last year in this year wheat does better than the real thing. Yet the Canola council is Silent. But then they still think Trudeau is doing a great job and we can keep talking. Yea half a year is up already and they give us an F#$King loan. We overpay for seed in Canada and it is substandard shit.

But it just proves that farmers mean F#$K all and its the companies that the Gov worries about. Follow the money and it sure isn't flowing to farmers. The game is to get Canola cheap and then the grain companies can make money big money moving canola to the same place as always but we take a $2.00 hair cut.

ATTACH]4509[/ATTACH]

Canola council, canola growers pushed the feds for increased cash advances as a solution for the sole purpose to get more farmers using the program as the increased admin fees they collect go to run their bureaucracies and phony baloney jobs, and palm springs retreats. Keep drinking the kool aid

Comment

Let's post the ugly pictures because it seems to me the ball has been dropped by all involved in the industry. From Seed Companies and Chem companies down to Canola council and other groups. It's a total shit show yet it was all designed to get farmers to grow the crop in 2019 and let the Grain companies and rest still have the profit and farmers get the Shaft.

Were fighting Trudeaus Fight with Huawei yet we get no help but an F#$KING Loan.

As Ralph a Question and it's like he already has Dementia or Alzheimers. Blank stare and it's all Harpers fault.

Similar is the Response from all on the Canola Groups. Blank stare into space. What problem. Trudeau says he's working on it and we don't want to piss off the prince because then he won't even look at us.

Comment

The canola crops vary in this area, everything from patches that got reseeded to not to bloody bad for the conditions it had to get started in. Ours are somewhere in between.

Extensive dryness, frost, flea beetles, cut worms, seeding screw ups, poor seed....lots could and did go wrong some places.

Comment

We had hail damage and gave the crop a costly round of Chem and fert and other shit to wake it up and bring it back to life. It did make something but the damage was done.

Similar with my peas last year myself and a neighbour that had similar problems took the advice of experts and gave it everything we had available it did piss all and accomplished nothing more than a huge bill for us.

Name:	T86wEN3IRP2kHlBI+sm9iQ.jpg
Size:	94.1 KB
ID:	767470

Comment

I have about 3 distinct stages in my canola. Some plants bolting, some cabbaging out and some just nicely out of the ground. Couldnt do a second pass of Liberty because of the blooming plants so there is some weed pressure down there. Just hope the canopy fills in fast and stunts it.

Its about 3 weeks behind the norm. I am sure it will fill in now and turn out ok but that also means getting into mid sept without frost. Dad says get the swather ready.

Comment

I have never understood why farmers want to post pictures of their great crops when graincos don't and won't post their profits.....

Why tell the world what it needs to know to buy at a lower cost...

I also don't agree with the weekly saskag crop reports....No one else in industry reports their weekly progress....do they...

As an example does Evraz , since they got 40 million , report how many pipe were made to the public?

Does bombardier report how many planes or jet skis or snowmobiles were made for the week ?

those are companies that are getting non repayable cheques and they don't report...

Why do farmers when the rest of the ag industry does not report???

Grain cos, drill mfg, etc.

Morris Industries got money from the government ...how many drills are available to drive the price down?
                      its a well kept secret...

Comment

Originally posted by farmaholic View Post
                        Hobby, you've been an excellent mentor to me.
                        How can I ever repay you!
                        I don’t expect to be paid.
                        Keep on rockin’ the free world.

Comment

We can post all the pictures and it won’t mean a thing unless you post a calendar and then a current morning newspaper to link what stage the canola and many crops are at. And then draw a big circle around the date in the calendar when the average frost is expected.

Comment

Between NDVI, satellite imagery, drones, boots on the ground, industry watch dogs.....we can post all the pictures we want, they already know everything, were we might only know what's happening in our back yards.

Why does it matter so much? There's always too much grain anyway....no matter how big OR SMALLthe crop is.

Comment

After last fall when most crops are harvested in Oct and Nov.. nobody is worried yet..

Comment

The funny part is it is a huge area with patchy late canola. Even the Super field just south of Regina that is in full bloom doesn't look quite perfect anymore.

Take a drive and post shit its fun and yes add the date somehow with watch time etc.

Time to let the world know the truth. Canada has a late shit show on its way. Dirty fields welcome as weed problems are going to happen.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                                • Return to Topic List
                                Working...