• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Le# see the ugly Canola crops,

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Le# see the ugly Canola crops,

Since the market knows everything I guess it’s time to show them what it’s like out in the field.

Click image for larger version

Name:	861BF3B4-4F19-422E-8BE1-8F03FB5EA550.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	19.1 KB
ID:	778460.

I’ll start this is one of our worst fields and we’re better than some areas. I’m always told the market knows in every class I took. Well I think the market and funds know jack shit what’s happening.

Most canola is two weeks or more late. Every weed imaginable is growing yet canola the super seed can’t get its ass to show some vigour and grow.

So let’s find fields each day your own or neighbours or a RM over or along the highway.

They think we have bins full plus the rain will make a shit crop marvellous so let’s post daily shit fields wheat barley oats flax canola peas or lentils.

Let’s have fun ag more than ever.
    Click image for larger version

Name:	C32F882D-2220-420D-8522-864620BBA2FD.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	19.6 KB
ID:	778461

That’s all I had on my Mac but tonight will upload from phone and start showing

Comment

Comment

Looks like it needs a fungicide application to help it out....

Comment

We’re getting screwed by every one.

Seed companies know something is wrong with seed treatments and seed vigor that’s why they want us to plant 5 lbs.

Market is not saying how bad because they can buy all in bins cheap.

Farmers get a loan for the China/Trudeau shit show so sooner or later they have to sell and market knows they can make money.

Follow the money.

Comment

Canola council is a bunch of Trudeau ass kissing fools.

Comment

Originally posted by bucket View Post
              Looks like it needs a fungicide application to help it out....
              Throw on a bunch more macros and a good dose of micros while you're at it.

Don't stop spending, yield goes down when you do!

The more you spend the more you make! Every thing you can put on has an ROI.... You can start calculating profit before you actually do it.

Don't worry about the poor canola prices, the market knows! You will be profitable no matter how much you spend on the crop or what it yields.....they will ensure it!

Comment

I would have to go my neighbours and take pics, as I didn’t seed any. I said no to the fools for this ridiculous seed cost. There’s some real bad ones here.

Comment

Crop insurance says 12 plants per square meter is a viable crop.
                  So regardless if some are blooming and some just popped out ..

Comment

[IMG]https
                    50% hail yesterday and theres been lots
                    Smhi said phone ringing off hook
                    Last edited by caseih; Jul 9, 2019, 21:24.

Comment

Working down some of Our frozen stuff.

Comment

Originally posted by Partners View Post
                        Crop insurance says 12 plants per square meter is a viable crop.
                        So regardless if some are blooming and some just popped out ..
                        Does it matter if those twelve plants are equally distributed in only 2 square feet of the square meter?
                        Last edited by farmaholic; Jul 9, 2019, 21:23.

Comment

Originally posted by farmaholic View Post
                          Throw on a bunch more macros and a good dose of micros while you're at it.

Don't stop spending, yield goes down when you do!

The more you spend the more you make! Every thing you can put on has an ROI.... You can start calculating profit before you actually do it.

Don't worry about the poor canola prices, the market knows! You will be profitable no matter how much you spend on the crop or what it yields.....they will ensure it!
                          Hey man, you’re stealing my spot. I would usually chime in with some kind of useless insight but somehow I think this is not the time. Like previous post, there seems to be a lot of unabashed enthusiasm for grain farming on social media.SF3 is onto something, follow the money.
                          I noticed the yellow flowers today. “Around here” nobody was shy with the canola acres. My weak opinion is they have to have canola for cash flow or there will be a big bitchin’ wrench in the operations. I have lost track of other crops but don’t see any other crop that has a chance of good profit. Fungicide by aerial application. Protect the investment. 50bu/ac x $8.00= $400.00/acre. There is a little dab of black ink there. If the China market sorts itself out prices can go higher.

For the sake of balance, I should never admit this but.....my close relatives ‘86ed their young organic farmer tenant. The long and short of it was that he really was not applying himself well. He was too busy living life, and forgot to go wear out some tractors and implements.
                          Don’t do it...
                          To each their own.🙂
                          Last edited by hobbyfrmr; Jul 9, 2019, 21:34. Reason: no money in organic farming.

Comment

Hobby, you've been an excellent mentor to me.
                            How can I ever repay you!

Comment

Originally posted by caseih View Post
                              [IMG]https
                              50% hail yesterday and theres been lots
                              Smhi said phone ringing off hook
                              Aw sorry to see that, just was at Nipawin last week and the crops were fantastic...

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                              • Return to Topic List
                              Working...
                              X

This website uses tracking tools, including cookies. We use these technologies for a variety of reasons, including to recognize new and past website users, to customize your experience, perform analytics and deliver personalized advertising on our sites, apps and newsletters and across the Internet based on your interests.
                              You agree to our and by clicking I agree.