• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Canola

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Canola

Ran down to Regina on the weekend and went south on highway 6 and returned on highway 35 and holy crap there is really no canola worth having anywhere along that eastern Sask. corridor! Some nice in this far NE corner and a few decent fields Rose Valley to Archerwill. A little better right around Regina.
    That's a big area that grows a lot of big yields most years that isn't going to do it this year from what I saw.
    Is there nice canola anywhere? If things don't look better somewhere I don't think there will be much canola even with China out of the market.

But the market (already) knows, that's why I am getting sub $9.00/bu fall delivery text bids!
    Last edited by farmaholic; Jul 8, 2019, 14:50.

Comment

Ghetto yellow mustard....but of course I took the picture of one of the best spots like everyone else does. There is some tough looking spots in the fields.

Our canola seems slow...Nexera. Even the other people's canola that looked further behind is catching up and passing it. They say the Nexera is a different canola. They say it's hybrid and probably came a long way from it's advent but probably will never compete with other type's top genetics.

Comment

Seldom you obviously didnt drive by my farm. I have an awesome crop coming if it stays frost free until Dec 1.

Comment

If you take #1 to 210 and head east, that is indicative of the bomper crap we have around here. It is a crying shame😭

Comment

Originally posted by farmaholic View Post

Ghetto yellow mustard....but of course I took the picture of one of the best spots like everyone else does. There is some tough looking spots in the fields.

Our canola seems slow...Nexera. Even the other people's canola that looked further behind is catching up and passing it. They say the Nexera is a different canola. They say it's hybrid and probably came a long way from it's advent but probably will never compete with other type's top genetics.
            We have been growing 1012 was a good yielder but really slow
            Im sure not impressed with this 1026 at all

Comment

Farma I am not sure where the Ghetto is but i did notice a few nice field between Regina and the Fort and i kind of think that might be close?

Jazz that is how most fields are all the way down and all the way back so your not alone!

Comment

Originally posted by seldomseen View Post
                Farma I am not sure where the Ghetto is but i did notice a few nice field between Regina and the Fort and i kind of think that might be close?

Jazz that is how most fields are all the way down and all the way back so your not alone!
                If you took the 35 from Weyburn to Fort Qu'Appelle.... you could see Ghetto Central from the 35 Highway....but you have to know what your looking for and where.

You never missed much!

Comment

So you guys are saying it's a bumper crop right?

Just wondering because we are short on another predicted half inch rain from last weekend....

Guys are spending trying to save a crop that has zero moisture left already...

Comment

Any noticeable difference in varieties?
                    Our 7565 is doing real well compared to the newest and greatest truflex 92sc..

Comment

Originally posted by Partners View Post
                      Any noticeable difference in varieties?
                      Our 7565 is doing real well compared to the newest and greatest truflex 92sc..
                      Truflex is slow compared to 7565. Have some side by side. Tale will tell at the pit. I don’t make any assumptions till then. Remember 7345 would grow 2 feet high, look like crap, fall over, and still run 40+.

Comment

I have come to the conclusion that you can’t make this crop turn around. If it looks like shit and smells like shit it’s shit and just move on.

Last section getting sprayed today with final liberty application.

I sent all the fungicides back to the dealer today for canola. It’s a uneven shit show.

Fungicides for hrs might go back as we have rows on early wheat. Late fields will get as they are normal.

Barley just because will get sprayed it’s ok.

Peas were sprayed.

Delivery truck was full of product going back and I wasn’t the only guy doing this.

2020 here we come.

Comment

Oh yea one more thing

T H E M A R K E T K N O W S J A C K S H I T.

It’s a game and farmers aren’t going to win.

Comment

Lots of terrible canola.But the flax is just as bad.Flax may have more upside with some bad acres over canola.

Comment

Lots of decent looking crops including canola around Edmonton. Some drowned out though, early stuff is flowering hard. I've got some Pioneer 501 and L255PC beside some flowering L241C. I had to have a hard look at it because I thought I smoked it with centurion, liberty and facet but no they are just slow.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                              • Return to Topic List
                              Working...
                              X

This website uses tracking tools, including cookies. We use these technologies for a variety of reasons, including to recognize new and past website users, to customize your experience, perform analytics and deliver personalized advertising on our sites, apps and newsletters and across the Internet based on your interests.
                              You agree to our and by clicking I agree.