• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Guess who has a meeting in Palm Springs

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by 4GFarms View Post
    The WCWGA went to washington for their annual meeting. Thats a little ways from WESTERN CANADA!!!!
    Ever thought that by getting off your farm, you might learn something? Going to Washington was intentional to learn about the US political system as well as to meet with other US farm groups. Having an open border with the USA, I bet, isn’t very beneficial to farmers? Lastly WCWGA doesn’t take your check off dollars, though it would be much better value if they did.
    As for Palm Springs what’s the big deal? Costs the same as going to Regina. If you have to fly or drive 6 hours isn’t much difference in cost. NOr would the hotels be any different. Never seen so many whiners on here. If you cant afford to travel or take a holiday maybe reevaluate how you run your farm!

Comment

Originally posted by vvalk View Post
      Ever thought that by getting off your farm, you might learn something? Going to Washington was intentional to learn about the US political system as well as to meet with other US farm groups. Having an open border with the USA, I bet, isn’t very beneficial to farmers? Lastly WCWGA doesn’t take your check off dollars, though it would be much better value if they did.
      As for Palm Springs what’s the big deal? Costs the same as going to Regina. If you have to fly or drive 6 hours isn’t much difference in cost. NOr would the hotels be any different. Never seen so many whiners on here. If you cant afford to travel or take a holiday maybe reevaluate how you run your farm!
      vvalk, with all due respect, I don't think that is a fair comment. Did all those people pay their own way there?

Comment

Originally posted by farmaholic View Post
        vvalk, with all due respect, I don't think that is a fair comment. Did all those people pay their own way there?
        To Washington or Palm Springs?
        Yes to Washington and I assume no to Palm Springs of you think it’s such a perk then join a commission and get a free trip once in awhile. I guarantee it will be more expensive then just buying your own way there. It’s a lot of work being on commissions or any organization. As for staff like I said the costs to go there vs anywhere in Canada is minimal.

Comment

To Washington or Palm Springs?
          Yes to Washington and I assume no to Palm Springs of you think it’s such a perk then join a commission and get a free trip once in awhile. I guarantee it will be more expensive then just buying your own way there. It’s a lot of work being on commissions or any organization. As for staff like I said the costs to go there vs anywhere in Canada is minimal.
          The WGWGA never pays directors to go to any convention they have. The budget is so low that even travel for WG work is most of the time covered by directors. As well the WG have never paid a per diem. Directors are out literally thousands of dollars of their own money every year

Comment

As you can see in this thread I even tried separating the CCGA from the CCC. I don't fully understand the disdain for all commissions either. Some may be more useful or effective than others though. And I do think there could be some consolidation in Western Canadian Provinces.

Comment

Originally posted by SASKFARMER3 View Post
              You can’t get the pulse one back correct?
              Non refundable.
              I did you also know that the pulse levy also has gst charged on it?

Nice game they have going here

Iceman Out

Comment

I agree with vvalk!

Careful what you wish for! Some thing about looking at things from both sides, walking in another mans shoes, etc

Let’s get rid of dept of highways( they don’t fix my road), close the schools, remove school tax ( I don’t have kids in school), don’t need town council (don’t need community Center), close churches ( all ministry like catholic priests, no one goes any more), do t like government ( don’t pay taxes then)
                Penny wise pound foolish!

Our society, culture run on volunteerism, organization, politics, etc

So many problems and no solutions.

Pathetic.

Canola and pulses in the last 15 years contributed, provided opportunity, etc what couldn’t be done in the previous 50 years ( CWB days)

Comment

Don't you whining millionaires have a radio?
                  This big snow event means bumper crops all around the board no matter what you plant how you plant it or if you can or can't even get a railcar to sell it. So what's a f w bucks to pay for these trips which are obviously necessary? Cheapskates!! Stay home and count all your money instead of cut down those hard working people that contribute to our easy money farming situation.

Grow more grain plus worse transportation system plus tarrifs plus plus carbon tax plus mr dress up plus
                  Drought plus flood plus frost plus debt plus commission plus 40 ounces of rye = everything is ok!!
                  Last edited by the big wheel; Mar 9, 2018, 09:53.

Comment

Originally posted by iceman View Post
                    Non refundable.

Iceman Out
                    You have to pay a tax on what is essentially a tax, levy being a fancy word for tax

the liberal government under justin will charge gst on the carbon pricing as well, pricing being a fancy word for tax.

these tax and spend progressives are out of control, is it no wonder then that when Trump became president and released the shackles of state control, like the epa, that the US economy is now booming?

we are so fooked when even the local boards that we elect think that since the big guys can travel to sunny warm places why can't we.

I used to give them the benefit of doubt that they know what they are doing and will respect the people they serve, well no longer. I am going to ask for my check off dollars back on everything this year, and if i'm thinking it I imagine hundreds if not thousands of others are as well.

Maybe the costs to get there aren't that unreasonable but it's the optics of the situation. If a board doesn't understand something as simple as that, then how can they we trust them to understand complicated trade and technology issues?

commissions, you've been warned.

Comment

Could you imagine if the CWB held meetings in Palm Springs. LOL.

Comment

Vvalk, it is very different meeting in Melville rather than in Palm Dessert. Do we really need to break down the costs for you? Whining, yeh while these sponges gave away all farmers' rights through UPOV. Then instead of getting this rail garbage rolling, they are taking warm winter trips at our expense? You bet there is a difference. Get to work or get off our backs!

Comment

Kinda makes me feel under appreciated only going to sunny London, ON for the GFO convention. No, wait, that was just gas

Comment

Cant speak to what your pulse growers do.
                            Personally know some ex directors of canola growers. Savvy businessmen with multiple businesses meeting with foreign buyers who want to meet the grower. Industry growth over the decades speak to performance.
                            As to the wcwga. I'm with vvalk all the way. Have been to a few of their gms. Paid own way. Networked with industry players who dont always get to podunk. Their annual gm alternates between power centers one year, and Canadadian city the next.
                            Start a list of everywhere you all went this winter and what you spent. Now tell us how many industry players you drank beer with.
                            Now put your money where your mouth is. Unless of course its easier to let Mr. Dressup do all the lifting so all you have to do is bitch.
                            Get involved or post a real issue.

Comment

Originally posted by iceman View Post
                              Non refundable.

Iceman Out
                              Would you believe this Ghetto farming tight son of a bich(read "Me") will even claim back the GST on any grain check it's deducted from!

Comment

It really isn’t fair to compare organizations that get checkoff dollars to organizations that don’t. I have attended a few WCWGA meetings (one in Vancouver and one in Moose Jaw) and I have to say that I enjoyed the Vancouver meeting a lot more. It is a great way to get off the farm for a few days and meet with a great group of people. I can’t understand in today’s environment with the percentage of our production that goes to the US how anyone could be critical of a meeting in Washington DC.

As far as groups that collect check offs that is a little different. If you do strongly disagree make sure you ask for your checkoff back. That is the only message that they understand.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                                • Return to Topic List
                                Working...
                                X

This website uses tracking tools, including cookies. We use these technologies for a variety of reasons, including to recognize new and past website users, to customize your experience, perform analytics and deliver personalized advertising on our sites, apps and newsletters and across the Internet based on your interests.
                                You agree to our and by clicking I agree.