• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Grain Elevator value?

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The only reason they sold this elevator was that the track was taken out. It took quite a while to convince them to leave the elevator standing. I had made a deal with the village before hand on taxes. and it sits on village owned property. I also have a grain dryer on the site

Comment

BTO building a new farm yard from scratch, along Hwy #33. Somewhere between Lajord and Tyvan(I don't remember exactly) on east side of highway. Been going on for the last 8 months or so. First a huge shed, then another, more recently a row of hopper bins, and between the hopper bins and the railroad are a row of huge flatbottoms. Now looks like more sheds are being built to the east side of the site.

But last time I was by, Stewart Southern Railroad(short line running from Regina to Stoughton along Hwy #33) is building a spur track along those big flatbottoms. Will be an incredible setup, once in operation. #cut out the middleman

Can anybody from the area post more about this?

Comment

Saskatchewan way, Bucket. Railways allowed to do whatever they want. Close sidings, branch lines, whatever they want. Same as ducks unlimited, in Saskatchewan they get to put easements for ever. In Alberta, they can register it for 10 years. Don't know whose behalf our agministers have been working on, but on these 2 files, don't think it was farmers.

Comment

farma, sumdumguy, SF3, other near Regina,, do you know anything about that start-up along Hwy #33 ?

Comment

Google Kambeitz Farms. This is what we have to compete with to buy land. Tough on the young guys and gals in the area that want to own the land they farm.... Most don't have a sniff at these current prices. Sad to see.

Everyone has the opportunity.... some just exercise theirs!

I have a saying.... I won't begrudge your success but I sure won't mourn your failure either.

Comment

Originally posted by wiseguy
              Buy er and start a grain co then you can screw yourself !

Hire some one effed in the head to weigh, grade, and do the books !

$ buy low sell high !
              giggled...

You're ****in nuts!

Comment

Maybe worthless to the GrainCos but not some Producers.

Honestly, this one wouldn't be my first choice.

We have a bunch of hoppers with aeration and some old flat bottoms.
                How may old elevators do you own "way out there" wiseguy?

What ever happened to the Cargill terminal at Raymore?

Edit....this post is an attempt to reply to wiseguy's post....but some of his posts are written in disappearing text and magically disappear if they aren't captured using the reply button!
                Last edited by farmaholic; Nov 3, 2017, 20:03.

Comment

I figured that one wouldn't stay around

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                  • Return to Topic List
                  Working...