• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Class 1 Driver's Lic

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

“binthere
    FEB 10, 2019 | 10:2253
    Not liberal blaming at all. Liberal are blaming everything but the root cause.”

Agree Bin, I drove 6 years OTR, at least half a million miles all over a lot of N.America, from Ft Mac to LA,
    Toronto to Louisiana. Took a month of Professional Driver Training before my class 1, classroom and on the road, downtown Winnipeg. Worst drivers between Winnipeg and Vancouver when I quit.
    Stop at stop signs, look both ways and proceed with caution, not rocket science, end of argument.
    One single cause. Add in no or poor training if you want.

Comment

Originally posted by TOM4CWB View Post
      Binthere,
      How much are lives worth?
      All direction stop intersections quadruple the safety for occupants of prevention of death in vehicles....

At what cost? 1 minute... to assure your loved ones are safe... what traffic engineer can't figure this out?

The Truck Hockey Bus disaster... would not have happened... virtually assured by a simple low cost solution. Too much Common Sense for you?
      Cheers!
      Are you talking every intersection? Farm access road, secondary highway, and major intersections. That would often be a stop sign every mile or two. Who would choose what intersections get 4 way stops and not?

Comment

Speaking of idiocy and stop signs, in my younger days, rather than stop at stop signs at night, I would turn off my lights so I could watch for other lights, if none, then blow through the stop sign. Then someone pointed out that I may not be the only fool running around with no lights going through stop signs, and someday I might meet the other fool at the wrong time...

Comment

Originally posted by walterm View Post
          Are you talking every intersection? Farm access road, secondary highway, and major intersections. That would often be a stop sign every mile or two. Who would choose what intersections get 4 way stops and not?
          Just like aircraft modifications happen when the loss of life and property exceeds a set number... that is set by the community. In a responsible community... this would be a rational common sense solution to deadly hazards. Like intersection problems that kill multiple people.
          Cheers

Comment

i Think money would be better spent pursuing the examiner that signs the license for drivers that aren’t properly trained. Some of them should be held responsible and share a cell for awhile. Rules are useless unless abided by.

Comment

Originally posted by jimmy View Post
              i Think money would be better spent pursuing the examiner that signs the license for drivers that aren’t properly trained. Some of them should be held responsible and share a cell for awhile. Rules are useless unless abided by.
              Examiners for the accused Humboldt driver should/could be accessories to the crime. In the US they would undoubtably be investigated as such.

Comment

[Examiners for the accused Humboldt driver should/could be accessories to the crime. In the US they would undoubtably be investigated as such.]

The owner of the trucking company is equally guilty, too of failing to properly train his employee.

Comment

Just bumping this up to the current page, it fell off the bottom of the last page, would like TOM or others who desire to legislate us into submission to comment.

Originally posted by AlbertaFarmer5 View Post
                  Well, if you want to look at it mathematically, if it costs 1 additional minute for every vehicle to stop by making them all 4 way stops ( there is nothing stopping you from stopping at every intersection already, if you want). How many intersections in Sask and how many miles driven?

To make a very rough approximation. 1 million residents, average km driven 20,000 per year. Additional 4 way intersection every 8 km (half were stop signs already, just in the opposite direction only(probably way more than that, but lets keep main highways free flowing). 1 additional minute per added 4 way stop. (Can you get your semi from 100km to 0 and back and only lose 1 minute?)

That is an additional 2500 stops per year, losing 2500 minutes from each persons life that year, or 1.736 days per year spent stopping at 4 way stops. That adds up to 4756 person years spent stopping at new 4 ways stops. At an average life span that works out to about 63 lifetimes wasted per year in Saskatchewan, Can the 4 ways save more lives than that?

Also time spent modifying every intersection, additional sanding in winter, washboards created from stopping, fuel burnt accelerating, brakes replaced, wear and tear on vehicles.

I have a much better idea, lets hurry up and get self driving cars on the road, or at least integrate our existing driven cars into a system where they can all know where every other car is and take evasive maneuvres on our behalf when something goes wrong that we can't yet see.

Comment

Originally posted by recapped View Post
                    [Examiners for the accused Humboldt driver should/could be accessories to the crime. In the US they would undoubtably be investigated as such.]

The owner of the trucking company is equally guilty, too of failing to properly train his employee.
                    Agreed, owner should be in jail too for lack of training.

Comment

Originally posted by AlbertaFarmer5 View Post
                      Just bumping this up to the current page, it fell off the bottom of the last page, would like TOM or others who desire to legislate us into submission to comment.
                      Maybe its not such a bad idea for public transport to have to stop at intersections where the driver hasn’t a safe view of the side roads. That intersection was dangerous-is dangerous as is every intersection where you can’t see the side roads adequately. Defensive driving saves lives.

Comment

Originally posted by sumdumguy View Post
                        Maybe its not such a bad idea for public transport to have to stop at intersections where the driver hasn’t a safe view of the side roads. That intersection was dangerous-is dangerous as is every intersection where you can’t see the side roads adequately. Defensive driving saves lives.
                        A lot simpler to just push up the trees.
                        You are totally correct defensive driving saves lives. No trees good chance all those people are alive!!

Comment

Originally posted by the big wheel View Post
                          A lot simpler to just push up the trees.
                          You are totally correct defensive driving saves lives. No trees good chance all those people are alive!!
                          If I was the owner of those trees, total anhililation at the first accident. Poof!

Comment

Originally posted by sumdumguy View Post
                            If I was the owner of those trees, total anhililation at the first accident. Poof!
                            Wasn’t the first accident a west bound and a south bound vehicle?

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                            • Return to Topic List
                            Working...
                            X

This website uses tracking tools, including cookies. We use these technologies for a variety of reasons, including to recognize new and past website users, to customize your experience, perform analytics and deliver personalized advertising on our sites, apps and newsletters and across the Internet based on your interests.
                            You agree to our and by clicking I agree.