• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Trump approval versus Trudeau

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Tarriffs just another tax for the govt inflicting them , arent they ??

Comment

Pars enjoyed your post and I think it is spot on. Here is a question. My son does concrete finishing as a side line. 10 mm rebar was $4.95 a length back in the spring, today that same length of rebar is north of $8. As far as I know this is a Canadian made product but the suppliers blame the increase on steel tariffs. This is over a 60% increase and makes no sense to me. Can anyone explain this to me?

Comment

Originally posted by Hamloc View Post
        Pars enjoyed your post and I think it is spot on. Here is a question. My son does concrete finishing as a side line. 10 mm rebar was $4.95 a length back in the spring, today that same length of rebar is north of $8. As far as I know this is a Canadian made product but the suppliers blame the increase on steel tariffs. This is over a 60% increase and makes no sense to me. Can anyone explain this to me?
        The same goes for the 100 wall steel square tubing that goes into cattle feeders/panels. Many of it stamped made in Canada. The way it was explained to me by dealer from supplier was that the tarriff agreement between Canada and US states that suppliers in Canada could not sell Canadian product to Canadian retailers at a reduced price from what was charged to US buyers and create a price gradient between the countries, incentivizing US buyers to buy directly in Canada at cheaper prices. If this were to happen, US would cut off steel and aluminum imports from Canada completely.

Comment

Originally posted by agstar77 View Post
          Did you know China does not pay tariffs, the U.S. public pays them. Trump does not even fit the requirements for a human being. No conscience no remorse no sense of humanity.
          If I was Volvo, I would want to sell lots of cars to the top two countries in the world with the most millionaires... USA and China. They do. And have for years.

China doesn't have a strong car-manufacturing industry.

If I was General Motors, I'd want to send a steady stream of cars to China, now filled millionaires, and a growing upper middle class. After all, China has a population of *one-billion-four-hundred-and-nine-million people* !! . So, I'd drool.

But GM has been paying a 25% tarrif, a problem, which is a specific China-US problem, so I'd like to get it lowered, and I'd jump at the chance to meet with Trump as soon as he was elected, b/c GM can't directly negotiate tarrifs; only the US Govt can.

Aha. GM met with Trump. At a big public roundtable, with the media invited, soon after Trump was elected. I watched it.

And now, coincidentally, tarrifs are on the table. I watch new US jobs-numbers are popping up like mushrooms across the US in every industry. Do you suppose car manufacturing will ramp up?

The tarrif saving issue is not not a huge ca-ching today, but what if the Chinese started to buy more GM cars? And tarrifs we're lowered. And US car jobs jumped. Hmmm. Just a thought. A plan? Oh. It's probably nothing.

I have observed to never underestimate the ability of Trump to plan. His plans fills the requirement for Americans to expand their industries. He's a caring human, and he loves the USA, and he's working hard towards providing jobs for those who have depended on welfare. He works as if he's a man on a mission.

Im probably imagining things. It's a woman thing. Pars

Comment

You deserve a D for delusional. Trump only cares about Trump. China will build their own cars and they will be electric. Trump cares so much about America ,he had a podiatrist fake bone spurs to get out of the draft. He has never created anything except for misery for everyone he has scammed.

Comment

Another democrat

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
              • Return to Topic List
              Working...
              X

This website uses tracking tools, including cookies. We use these technologies for a variety of reasons, including to recognize new and past website users, to customize your experience, perform analytics and deliver personalized advertising on our sites, apps and newsletters and across the Internet based on your interests.
              You agree to our and by clicking I agree.