• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Wheat

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by blackpowder View Post
    Don't read too much into the industry here from what you read on Agriville.
    Point taken.

7 am better wander out. Cool today 35 c 90
    % chance of showers later

Comment

Originally posted by blackpowder View Post
      Don't read too much into the industry here from what you read on Agriville.
      Hmmmm?

Comment

Mallee:

Here is what distance to port is doing to prices of CWRS #1-13.5 the further inland you go, and I am in just about the worst place possible.
        Which I would like to state is no one's fault before skmeone bites off my head and shits down my throat.

Closest to me and going west to the mountain's.
        Not exactly sure which oligopoly rail line serves which delivery points for sure.

All Jan prices All the same GrainCo

Balgonie, 6.46
        Moose jaw, 6.52
        Swift Current, 6.68
        Gull Lake, 6.75
        Brooks, 6.89
        Crossfield 7.03

"Specials" of 7.25 at Brooks and Crossfield

So we wait in the interior for the stuff closest to port to be scooped up first.
        And hope those "specials" reach us.
        They will pull grain from their highest margin areas first....and why shouldn't they?

Comment

Originally posted by farmaholic View Post
          Mallee:

Here is what distance to port is doing to prices of CWRS #1-13.5 the further inland you go, and I am in just about the worst place possible.
          Which I would like to state is no one's fault before skmeone bites off my head and shits down my throat.

Closest to me and going west to the mountain's.
          Not exactly sure which oligopoly rail line serves which delivery points for sure.

All Jan prices All the same GrainCo

Balgonie, 6.46
          Moose jaw, 6.52
          Swift Current, 6.68
          Gull Lake, 6.75
          Brooks, 6.89
          Crossfield 7.03

"Specials" of 7.25 at Brooks and Crossfield

So we wait in the interior for the stuff closest to port to be scooped up first.
          And hope those "specials" reach us.
          They will pull grain from their highest margin areas first....and why shouldn't they?
          Crossfield V is seriously struggling. Staffing issues and new elevators popping up like daisies, plus a new track and site upgrades causing slowdowns at an elevator already renowned for lines... they need specials just to try and get grain.

Also, this is applicable to all grain companies... if they have your 1,2 or 3 red in store and a feed mill or lot will pay more for it... they’ll also be selling it for feed. Just because they buy it as a 1 doesn’t mean it’ll go as a 1, just like because you grew a 1 doesn’t mean you’ll sell a 1.

Comment

Comment

you got 50-60 cents up on us robert

Comment

Originally posted by caseih View Post
                you got 50-60 cents up on us robert
                Same here , #1 13.5 pro was still not even $6.80 today locally.
                They know there is stocks of that yet , barley and canola not so much .

Comment

Robertbarlage.....

G3 Colonsay?

That is decent price for the middle of Saskatchewan. I should check out G3 at Pasqua by Moose Jaw.
                  Last edited by farmaholic; Nov 27, 2020, 19:57.

Comment

Originally posted by jwab
                    Blaithin you probably know what changed at Viterra Crossfield about a year ago and why things have changed, I’ll be polite and not say.

Did you work there at one time?
                    If anyone delivered to Moose Jaw then they’ll know what happened to Crossfield Lol

Yes, I left just over a year ago

Comment

Originally posted by Blaithin View Post
                      If anyone delivered to Moose Jaw then they’ll know what happened to Crossfield Lol

V - MooseJaw?

Comment

Originally posted by farmaholic View Post
                        V - MooseJaw?
                        Yeah.

Comment

Yes it was

Comment

Around here feed barley is roughly $5.60 at the bin right now, that translates to $7.00 a bushel for feed wheat. Definitely better to sell CPS into the feed market at present. Most grain companies still higher for #1 13.5 hard red.

Comment

Originally posted by Blaithin View Post

Let me guess, the star employee left and took her chickens with her at that time? Been all downhill since then?

Comment

Originally posted by AlbertaFarmer5 View Post
                                Let me guess, the star employee left and took her chickens with her at that time? Been all downhill since then?
                                It’d be nice to think that but it was already going downhill before I left.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                                • Return to Topic List
                                Working...
                                X

This website uses tracking tools, including cookies. We use these technologies for a variety of reasons, including to recognize new and past website users, to customize your experience, perform analytics and deliver personalized advertising on our sites, apps and newsletters and across the Internet based on your interests.
                                You agree to our and by clicking I agree.