• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Attention Canola Council, Sask Canola , Etc.

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Attention Canola Council, Sask Canola , Etc.

Its time you people did a study with test plots and large field replications on old canola varieties that were a dollar a pound to seed against these $16/lb seed we have rammed down or throats now to see if farmers are getting any value out of these expensive varieties we are forced to seed now . It is painfully obvious now that if it doesn't rain and it is cold all spring that there is not one bit of value in this grossly high priced seed.
    You are very near to a seed riot if you don't get off your ass and stop this carnage?
    Same can be said for a lot of these useless seed treatments that are offered now ? I would like to know the amount of active in lumiderm now for example , compared to when they first soliciting us with it a few years back?????
    And how about the other seed treatments that force you to spray flea beatles 4 days after crop has emerged???? What are we paying for ?
    Something tells me it has considerably less active than when it came out ? Oh , and if you ask the companies and they won't tell you ? what is up with that ? there isn't another chemical anywhere that doesn't have the exact formulation and strength right on the packaging ? hasn't this gouging and collusion gone a little to far??
    i see this ending two ways ; either the parasites kill the host or there will be so much brownbagging , it will make your heads spin . They won't have enough retired cops to bring all the "gangsters" in
    So unless you want to be part of this , its time to get off your asses and wake up

Probably retired teachers like the hail insurance companies 😂

Comment

And then what would the so called farmer representative have to do ...they would be blackballed from trips, liquid lunches and running for the Saskparty....

Comment

Maybe its time to seed canola back to back and blow the second year seed out the back of the combine and then play dumb. Playing dumb can get you a long way in life, just look at our politicians.

Comment

Originally posted by jazz View Post
          Maybe its time to seed canola back to back and blow the second year seed out the back of the combine and then play dumb. Playing dumb can get you a long way in life, just look at our politicians.
          Then keep the seed from the second year as your own ....rename it whatever you want...sell it for a buck pound...I think you are on to something...

Then if they come after you ....you can tell them to clean up their ****ing mess

Comment

Originally posted by bucket View Post
            Then keep the seed from the second year as your own ....rename it whatever you want...sell it for a buck pound...I think you are on to something...

Then if they come after you ....you can tell them to clean up their ****ing mess
            If you store it in your field, they have no right to access the land to determine its origin. Tell them glyphosate couldn't kill it.

Comment

2021 the patent is off RR canola (GT73 event). What is anyone doing to ensure farmers have access to that technology?

Should anyone be growing TruFlex contributing to the problem?

Comment

Originally posted by tweety View Post
                2021 the patent is off RR canola (GT73 event). What is anyone doing to ensure farmers have access to that technology?

Should anyone be growing TruFlex contributing to the problem?
                Pricks will never release it to us and no govt. (red ,blue, orange or green) will ever make them

Comment

We have a choice. off patent RR soybean and liberty canola are available now. Im told the company is Norcan seeds, fisher branch ,Manitoba
                  I know there is some liberty canola in my area supposed to be similar to 5440 in yield. It will be interesting to see yields

Comment

Originally posted by jamesb View Post
                    We have a choice. off patent RR soybean and liberty canola are available now. Im told the company is Norcan seeds, fisher branch ,Manitoba
                    I know there is some liberty canola in my area supposed to be similar to 5440 in yield. It will be interesting to see yields
                    Please , keep us posted on that !

Comment

Originally posted by caseih View Post
                      Company out of U of A selling non patent Clearfield canola for like $5 a lb. Tried to contact them just before seeding but ran out of time.

https://6kingseed.com/seed-products/ua-bountygold-canola/

Comment

Originally posted by jazz View Post
                        Company out of U of A selling non patent Clearfield canola for like $5 a lb. Tried to contact them just before seeding but ran out of time.

https://6kingseed.com/seed-products/ua-bountygold-canola/
                        Well the cartel better get that deregistered and soon
                        Will be something wrong with it after it’s been around 20 years
                        Like unity wheat and all the others

Comment

Originally posted by caseih View Post
                          I heard that the seed came in 1000 lb bags, untreated but with a jug of some kind of seed treatment. Sounds like it needed better flea beetle control. It will be interesting this fall to see yields.

Comment

Yes we need to put pressure on the seed companies to offer a conventional canola. I don’t care if it is a op or hybrid. I would love to get my hands on some old ebony. Best canola in our area ever. If you have some let me know. I would switch my entire canola acreage over to conventional canola. Don’t have to pay the technology trait and it’s time for more edge anyways. Time to manage the risk we are taking. I have spoken to a few seed companies and they indicated they are getting lots of requests for conventional canola varieties. Time to send the greedy chemical companies a message that there price is way out of line.

Comment

Ebony is no longer registered

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                              • Return to Topic List
                              Working...
                              X

This website uses tracking tools, including cookies. We use these technologies for a variety of reasons, including to recognize new and past website users, to customize your experience, perform analytics and deliver personalized advertising on our sites, apps and newsletters and across the Internet based on your interests.
                              You agree to our and by clicking I agree.