• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Auger motor engine heaters

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by caseih View Post
    Have had a lot of trouble starting kohler motors at -20 and colder
    Put one of those stick on rubber heat pads from canadian tire and works great
    Yesterday minus 32 with it plugged in and a couple coats overtop started like summer
    Is your kohler a fairly new motor? I have one of the old blue 70’s vintage single cylinder kohlers that starts in minus 30 or colder with out heat. I have 0w-30 synthetic oil in it and have the battery in the heated shop overnight. I rarely used any heat on it. It was common to be called to haul malt barley in minus 30 weather.

Comment

ATF works good in the cold for hydraulic oil.

Comment

Originally posted by AC man View Post
        Is your kohler a fairly new motor? I have one of the old blue 70’s vintage single cylinder kohlers that starts in minus 30 or colder with out heat. I have 0w-30 synthetic oil in it and have the battery in the heated shop overnight. I rarely used any heat on it. It was common to be called to haul malt barley in minus 30 weather.
        Yes newer command pro , all the same , poor starters
        But good engines
        We always use 0w30, and ATF is very good for cold

Comment

Originally posted by TASFarms View Post
          ATF works good in the cold for hydraulic oil.
          Geeze I was thinking about frozen hydraulics on the auger and using coal oil and how it’s hell on seals when it warms up, but ATF would solve that. Use it in the steering system on a big truck so why not.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
          • Return to Topic List
          Working...