• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Yellow Peas

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Really stupid questions......

Is there still people starving in the world?

Does Trudeau issue cheques to some of these third world countries?

And why?

Highlights that the pea lentil markets are there ....it's just that our government thinks we should be a storage bin until dictators or policy changes....

If your government is writing cheques for food aid the money should be sent to Canadian farmers....

But that goes against the world businessman of the year to get Canadian government money and buy ukranian lentils.....
    Last edited by bucket; Nov 8, 2017, 09:31.

Comment

Originally posted by bucket View Post
      Trudeau could be buying thousands of tonnes of lentils from Canadian farmers and sending them to starving nations in Africa instead of writing cheques to foreign dictators that leave the people starving.....
      It is crazy that $ is sent and not grain.

Comment

India just slapped 50% import duty on peas last night. Price will drop to $6 immediately

Comment

Dave4441

Just read about that.....peas from Canada ....from my understanding. ...do not have to be fumigated or the other issue is ...the fumigation doesn't work because of temperature. ...

Good thing we are investing for more productive varieties while ignoring market access.

Let them starve.....ignorant I know but what's the solution...

We could feed Africa but Trudeau is so ****ing stupid he would finance the European farmer before Canadian farmers by writing a cheque to a dictator....and then it's still questionable if people would get fed.

Comment

Where does all the grain go that is grown and donated from all the feilds we see every year.

Comment

It goes to the elevator ...gets sold....then the money is deposited into a bank account and is used to buy grain somewhere closer to the problem. ...

Never does Canadian grain get exported to where the problem exists. ....

Comment

Originally posted by bucket View Post
                Dave4441

Just read about that.....peas from Canada ....from my understanding. ...do not have to be fumigated or the other issue is ...the fumigation doesn't work because of temperature. ...

Good thing we are investing for more productive varieties while ignoring market access.

Let them starve.....ignorant I know but what's the solution...

We could feed Africa but Trudeau is so ****ing stupid he would finance the European farmer before Canadian farmers by writing a cheque to a dictator....and then it's still questionable if people would get fed.
                Starve? The issue is the market is flooded internally in India. They don't need it. Buyers in India are going bankrupt. There are peas that can no longer ship to India and it will get dumped into other markets.

Comment

Dave4441

Starve.....not today but maybe the next time they come calling....

But there are people still starving in Africa. ....

Be sort of shitty for India to look like the do gooder using Canadian pulses. ....while we build more storage waiting for India to come calling....

In other words Canada could have a food program where Canadian producers get paid and the grain heads to Africa to feed millions ....I think the US does it.

Comment

Originally posted by farming101 View Post
                    Dismal. Worst start since fall of 2013
                    Exports in '000 metric tones shown below to the end of September. About 62% of last year crop year so far.

Peas
                    September, 2017 574.1
                    August, 2017 94.9
                    September, 2016 794.6
                    Crop Year to Date, 2017 - 2018 669.0
                    Crop Year to Date, 2016 - 2017 1,086.7
                    Calendar Year 2017 2,131.9
                    Calendar Year 2016 2,084.3

Comment

Originally posted by Agvocate View Post
                      Exports in '000 metric tones shown below to the end of September. About 62% of last year crop year so far.

Peas
                      September, 2017 574.1
                      August, 2017 94.9
                      September, 2016 794.6
                      Crop Year to Date, 2017 - 2018 669.0
                      Crop Year to Date, 2016 - 2017 1,086.7
                      Calendar Year 2017 2,131.9
                      Calendar Year 2016 2,084.3
                      And we had a early harvest this year which should mean exports are higher not lower. This tale will be told in the Nov numbers which won't be public for awhile.

Comment

Why can't that be public knowledge?

It is my business if I sell pulses....

Maybe saskpulse should promote a transparent marketing letter that keeps producers in the loop. ....

Absolutely no sense in promoting higher production with newer varieties if there is no market....

I think there is a market but in most ....it requires government intervention. ....

Whether it be the fumigation issue or sending pulses as food aid to starving nations....

Comment

Sask pulse caused a lot of this. LOL. Especially with regards to lentils.

I had a bid a few days ago that worked back to $6.90 for yellow peas less than 13.5 moisture less than 2% splits with "excellent" natural odour and color.

Delivery not until end of March though.

To give a price indication
                          And this is bagged in container lots.

Comment

It is public, it just has a time lag in it's release. Comes out about a month or so after the last day of the reporting month. As to why it takes that long... it's a government agency, they tend not to be high on efficiency or low on red tape. I have sent the link before but will paste it again, has all the info of how much and where to all your grain goes:

https://www.grainscanada.gc.ca/statistics-statistiques/ecgwf-egcfb/ecgm-megc-eng.htm

Comment

[QUOTE=Klause;361134]Sask pulse caused a lot of this. LOL. Especially with regards to lentils.

I had a bid a few days ago that worked back to $6.90 for yellow peas less than 13.5 moisture less than 2% splits with "excellent" natural odour and color.

Check off is the same no matter the price right? Wouldn't it be better if it was based on % of net? Would encourage them to advocate markets more on price instead of quantity.

Comment

Peas are done. India huge tarrifs lentils next

Wheat too.

More latee

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                                • Return to Topic List
                                Working...
                                X

This website uses tracking tools, including cookies. We use these technologies for a variety of reasons, including to recognize new and past website users, to customize your experience, perform analytics and deliver personalized advertising on our sites, apps and newsletters and across the Internet based on your interests.
                                You agree to our and by clicking I agree.