• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Marketing Soft White Spring???

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Marketing Soft White Spring???

So I grew some Andrew last year. I usually shoot for local pig barn market, as they are usually quite good in many ways. Had been buying soft white for many, many years.

Well, now they removed it from their grain buying list and I need another outlet. Theoretical bids for SWSW are pretty decent, but I can’t find an actual buyer who will take it, the prices listed are as I said, theoretical.

Elevators want red for feed, not white.

Another stupid colossal mistake I made to try something for me that was a new thing.

Ethanol plants have issues.

Why didn’t I grow CPS, or hard red?!!!

Anyone have ideas?

I’m an idiot.

Originally posted by Sheepwheat View Post
    So I grew some Andrew last year. I usually shoot for local pig barn market, as they are usually quite good in many ways. Had been buying soft white for many, many years.

Well, now they removed it from their grain buying list and I need another outlet. Theoretical bids for SWSW are pretty decent, but I can’t find an actual buyer who will take it, the prices listed are as I said, theoretical.

Elevators want red for feed, not white.

Another stupid colossal mistake I made to try something for me that was a new thing.

Ethanol plants have issues.

Why didn’t I grow CPS, or hard red?!!!

Anyone have ideas?

I’m an idiot.
    ADM in Lloydminster ?
    Or NWT in Unity maybe

Comment

Try a different barn. They might not have enough of it to buy,so they don’t buy any. I’ve seen that with faba beans. They will buy in the fall and after that unless you have lots they won’t touch it.

Comment

Originally posted by TASFarms View Post
        Try a different barn. They might not have enough of it to buy,so they don’t buy any. I’ve seen that with faba beans. They will buy in the fall and after that unless you have lots they won’t touch it.
        The excuse I got is that it bungs up their mills. Took them a decade to figure it out. Lol

Comment

A local grower told me that he sells most of his for malt. For a good premium over feed. I didn't know that was a thing before. I believe it was Rahr malting east of Red Deer

Comment

Husky in Lloydminster?

Comment

Sold SW for malt to Biggar at one time. Elevators here like Graincorp Vegreville and Providence Grain send bids for it on text. Last offer was a picked up new crop Oct bid for 6.18 on Mar 23. Right now the soft wheat market is hot because SRW wheat is leading the price charts in the US thanks to a couple of poor production years in the east. I would likely try brokers and maybe elevators to the south where they have connections in the US.

Comment

Originally posted by Sheepwheat View Post
                The excuse I got is that it bungs up their mills. Took them a decade to figure it out. Lol
                Bullshit... when they dont need grain its every excuse under the sun not to receive it. When there hungry they will take and make every kernal work. I Work at terra grain in operations on the ethonal side. we have hammer mills that can mill 45 tons an/hr of soft white. Worked in unity at North west bio energy on the ethonal side and they had disc mills that have zero issues with milling soft white. Have operated roller mills aswell and they have no issues, dont know of many more types of mills??

As for markets if you can get grow a #1 soft it's almost a buck over the feed soft white and used in local distilleries for mash, but your treating that crop like hrsw to get grade. Feed goes to feedlots, and ethonal plants, brokers are your friend when growing soft white unless your close to etoh plants imo

Comment

Originally posted by flea beetle View Post
                  Husky in Lloydminster?
                  Ya, not ADM 👍

Comment

Originally posted by helmach View Post
                    Bullshit... when they dont need grain its every excuse under the sun not to receive it. When there hungry they will take and make every kernal work. I Work at terra grain in operations on the ethonal side. we have hammer mills that can mill 45 tons an/hr of soft white. Worked in unity at North west bio energy on the ethonal side and they had disc mills that have zero issues with milling soft white. Have operated roller mills aswell and they have no issues, dont know of many more types of mills??

As for markets if you can get grow a #1 soft it's almost a buck over the feed soft white and used in local distilleries for mash, but your treating that crop like hrsw to get grade. Feed goes to feedlots, and ethonal plants, brokers are your friend when growing soft white unless your close to etoh plants imo
                    What's the outlook for the Canadian plants now?

Comment

Originally posted by shtferbrains View Post
                      What's the outlook for the Canadian plants now?

Business as usual... zero slowdown and max output out of tgf right now at over 400k liters a day and no slowdown in site. Canada needs all the ethonal it can produce to meet the mandate, and will most likely still import millions of liters from the usa. We dont produce near enough liters domestically

Comment

What’s the Fuz like? If low Vomi we have sold to Grain Millers and it went down to Iowa. Has to be 13.5 moisture for them to make tart shells or pie crusts

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                        • Return to Topic List
                        Working...
                        X

This website uses tracking tools, including cookies. We use these technologies for a variety of reasons, including to recognize new and past website users, to customize your experience, perform analytics and deliver personalized advertising on our sites, apps and newsletters and across the Internet based on your interests.
                        You agree to our and by clicking I agree.