• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Oats

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

JRI's bid for $10 was contingent on booking $8 for earlier delivery, not a bad ploy by them!
    Buffalo Creek in Altona was $9.50
    Grain Millers $8 now, $9 in April

Comment

Who is Buffalo Creek.
      Who do they buy for/end use?
      Quaker was buying direct here which was great as long as your cars unloaded on spec.
      Now The Andersons buys for them so an in between trying to skin as much as they can.
      Also Ceres took over a Cargill med size facility that they dedicated to oats. P&H pushes a bit on oats also.
      Cool nights and mild days with mostly adiquit dryland moisture give us a natural advantage on oats with some growers at 50% of seeded acres.

Comment

Originally posted by TraderJoe View Post
        JRI's bid for $10 was contingent on booking $8 for earlier delivery, not a bad ploy by them!
        Buffalo Creek in Altona was $9.50
        Grain Millers $8 now, $9 in April
        yea , was actually 3 tons at $10 if you booked 1 ton at $8 , so net $9.50/bu

Comment

$10.50 apr here

Comment

Sold a good chunk yesterday at $10.25, keeping a few gambling bushels for June..

Comment

I'm gonna cut back on porridge and put the savings towards fert

Comment

New crop between $6-$6.50 in a lot of areas for off combine movement. I’m guessing this will be buying some acres and I’m guess fd barley will be the largest acre loser??

Haven’t seen any fd barley bids for new crop that makes me pay attention.

Comment

$10+ oats

Been hearing that Richardson is over 10 some places. Called the local place to ask, get told “yup, we have 10.25 for feb movement, but they have to be phaf”. I ask what’s that? Oh, not sure, I’ll get back to you on that. Ok, so is 10.25 picked up or delivered. Oh, I’ll have to check. Wtf? Don’t know what they’re buying and how it’s moving, but the price is great so hurry up and sell. What a joke. Easier to sell elsewhere and take less and get fair dockage and come out ahead.

Comment

i sure can't find anyone else anywhere near $10.50/april?
                    very few oats were sprayed this year anyways , never rained for 3 months

Comment

Originally posted by wheatking16 View Post
                      The parabolic move in oats is nearing a level of interest at the 1.618 fib level.

The 1.618 fib level can often mean a reversal.

[ATTACH]8885[/ATTACH]

https://klarenbach.substack.com/

https://t.me/klarenbachresearch

Oats looks toppy on the weekly with the Green TD 9 and the 1.61 fib, however, I am bullish above 713 and bearish below.

Click image for larger version

Name:	ZO1!_2021-11-16_11-06-15.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	19.2 KB
ID:	772073

Comment

Fair snow cover here for mid November. If they start phoning around offering attractive new crop they might get a few carloads?

Comment

Calf prices are starting to show pressure from higher grain prices guys are thinking maybe sell sooner than trying to put a few more lbs. on.

Comment

Originally posted by Old Cowzilla View Post
                            Calf prices are starting to show pressure from higher grain prices guys are thinking maybe sell sooner than trying to put a few more lbs. on.
                            Heifers especially pretty tough sledding. Everyone was thinking corn was gonna cap barley prices but they keep going higher. $9 picked up here now. Calf run basically done here, guys with feed backgrounding heifers, might work out ok.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                            • Return to Topic List
                            Working...
                            X

This website uses tracking tools, including cookies. We use these technologies for a variety of reasons, including to recognize new and past website users, to customize your experience, perform analytics and deliver personalized advertising on our sites, apps and newsletters and across the Internet based on your interests.
                            You agree to our and by clicking I agree.