• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Markets …. WOWZERS!!!

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by fcr View Post
    Wheat 11.15. Canola 17.98. Today at local RP. Do we ride it out and hope for a spring rally.Starting to think maybe missed the boat , thoughts
    17.73 again today...10.68 wheat, RP

Comment

What a disaster the wheat market is. I’m not giving in and selling into this corrupt market. Wheat is so oversold and is need of a correction.

Comment

So is it any easier to grow wheat in the war zone this spring compared to last ? Don't seem to hear anything about that just the talk about emptying all these bottomless bins so it seems.

Comment

Interesting times!

Cheers

Comment

Snow over the next week:

Comment

Originally posted by Old Cowzilla View Post
              So is it any easier to grow wheat in the war zone this spring compared to last ? Don't seem to hear anything about that just the talk about emptying all these bottomless bins so it seems.
              I think the answer to that question, is that it is easier to grow wheat in a war zone than any other higher input higher maintenance crop. So they will grow wheat at the expense of every other crop.

Comment

Originally posted by AlbertaFarmer5 View Post
                I think the answer to that question, is that it is easier to grow wheat in a war zone than any other higher input higher maintenance crop. So they will grow wheat at the expense of every other crop.
                Kinda makes me think I should sow the farm corner to corner to sunflowers .

Comment

Ukraine and Russia produce about 1/2 of world Sunflowers.

Friend of mine grows about 40 acres he sells for birdseed.
                  Can't seem to keep up bagging them.
                  There you go Sheepwheat.
                  Easy to work in on your direct market route.

Comment

Originally posted by Old Cowzilla View Post
                    Kinda makes me think I should sow the farm corner to corner to sunflowers .
                    We had a very good plot of sunflowers 🌻 last year .
                    Ran 12.5 tn when silaged

Comment

Originally posted by furrowtickler View Post
                      We had a very good plot of sunflowers 🌻 last year .
                      Ran 12.5 tn when silaged

Silaging sunflowers? Was that the plan when they planted? I imagine with the oil in them they would be decent energy…….

Interesting…………..

Comment

Originally posted by SmallTimeOperator View Post
                        A few years ago $14 canola and $7 wheat were damn good prices. There is a saying that the old top becomes the new bottom. Cross your fingers that that old top holds strong and becomes the new bottom. Some farms tied into high rents and shiny equipment, won’t survive when we get back to those prices.
                        Will be there soon...way too much oilseeds on planet?

RP, Canola $17.32, Wheat $10.73

Comment

Originally posted by woodland View Post
                          Silaging sunflowers? Was that the plan when they planted? I imagine with the oil in them they would be decent energy…….

Interesting…………..
                          Was not the plan , but we silaged a big corn plot just across the road and had heard Sunnies had been silaged .
                          Should have feed it out right away , it was just put on top the corn silage . It froze and had to be peeled off.
                          Next time either feed before winter sets in , or silage first then put corn on top .
                          Moisture , protein and tonnage were very similar to corn .

Comment

Originally posted by furrowtickler View Post
                            Was not the plan , but we silaged a big corn plot just across the road and had heard Sunnies had been silaged .
                            Should have feed it out right away , it was just put on top the corn silage . It froze and had to be peeled off.
                            Next time either feed before winter sets in , or silage first then put corn on top .
                            Moisture , protein and tonnage were very similar to corn .
                            Not quite as sweet as corn thou best combine in November during jumper season never know what you will find in middle of sunny field.

Comment

Western Cdn Select (Alberta oil) plunging to $50 per barrel this week. Alberta budget based on $65 per barrel WCS oil?

Comment

Originally posted by errolanderson View Post
                                Western Cdn Select (Alberta oil) plunging to $50 per barrel this week. Alberta budget based on $65 per barrel WCS oil?
                                Industry players told me that 2022 was going to average $120.

Nuttall is still talking his book.

An awakening for those who like a good story.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                                • Return to Topic List
                                Working...
                                X

This website uses tracking tools, including cookies. We use these technologies for a variety of reasons, including to recognize new and past website users, to customize your experience, perform analytics and deliver personalized advertising on our sites, apps and newsletters and across the Internet based on your interests.
                                You agree to our and by clicking I agree.