• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Thursday Thoughts

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I don’t know of anyone that offers fuel prebuy as it is so volatile.
    On the current $8.99/L glyphosate delivered to farm offer - there must still be room to move if they can ship it to you on that price. They won’t ship a single tote but if they can assemble a truckload to your area then it is possible. No reason your local retailer (who must buy truckloads for inventory) can’t be selling for less.

Comment

Originally posted by TOM4CWB View Post
      I see reports of major oil/diesel cargo switching in international waters offshore by Greece…. Putin’s floating huge flotilla of oil/diesel tankers… are being tracked exchanging cargos… with‘friendly’ nations…tankers…

Interesting times!
      Ruzzia had been supplying a significant portion of Eastern Canada diesel, JP for aviation,and premium gasoline.

Wondering how that is being handled as assume it probably involved some non taxable income to make it attractive to all involved.
      Last edited by shtferbrains; Feb 23, 2023, 19:45.

Comment

guess me for one is suprised wheat has tanked this weeek

Comment

Kinda enjoying your cheap gas here in Alberta guess I'm not the only one the hotel parking lot is full of big new trucks and hotel is booked full. Tough times !!!!!!

Comment

hoping for better week in markets

FYI chance of "el nino" weather event in australia strengthening talking 60/70% but alot of areas have ok subsoil moisture.

Comment

Originally posted by Landdownunder View Post
              hoping for better week in markets

FYI chance of "el nino" weather event in australia strengthening talking 60/70% but alot of areas have ok subsoil moisture.
              El Nino here means tough weather but great crops.

Comment

Originally posted by makar View Post
                El Nino here means tough weather but great crops.
                Gosh last year yields were okay and harvest early at expense of subsoil moisture. No we’re possibly going back to tough harvests.

Comment

Cereals are all sold and delivered. Last of the fertilizer got delivered. Always nice having it here when the nearest blender is 50 km away with a lineup at go time. Canola is sitting in the bin and not sure what to do with it?

Nice to get some new pasture opened up. Thinking of trenching in water line too since there’s no frost in the ground and only a crummy dugout on this quarter. Got one price back on pipe and it was about the same as stuff we bought four years ago which is almost as surprising that it’s actually available.

Doing undercarriage work on the challenger and finding that the drive wheels are on back order without an ETA is quite disappointing. Going to have to do some more digging to find another option possibly. Kinda frustrating.

The oldest son has a school project where they have to build a bridge out of cardboard and popsicle sticks. He found a cardboard tube out of a net wrap roll and cut two pieces for beams. Going to wrap it in tape and glue popsicle sticks to make a deck on it. It should easily hold the 6 kg test weight that’s placed between a 30 cm gap. He schemed it all on his own.

Washing machine cratered last week after only 3 years just like the last few. Talked to a friend who owns a laundromat and bought a commercial machine today that will hopefully stand up better. Was only going to buy a rebuilt one but the Mrs liked the shiny new one besides it so she got an early birthday present. She’s happy, I’m happy, hopefully it survives for 8-10 years with the crud it will eat out here.

Beautiful weather has returned.
                  Fun times 🍀

Comment

Commercial grade only way to go.
                    Any cheaper can't even seem to do bedding without balance issues. Wife will love it.
                    Curious, AGCO or CAT for those parts?

Comment

Originally posted by woodland View Post
                      Washing machine cratered last week after only 3 years just like the last few. Talked to a friend who owns a laundromat and bought a commercial machine today that will hopefully stand up better. Was only going to buy a rebuilt one but the Mrs liked the shiny new one besides it so she got an early birthday present. She’s happy, I’m happy, hopefully it survives for 8-10 years with the crud it will eat out here.
                      That a speed queen? I've heard great things about them, in particular the old style top-load.

Comment

Originally posted by blackpowder View Post
                        Commercial grade only way to go.
                        Any cheaper can't even seem to do bedding without balance issues. Wife will love it.
                        Curious, AGCO or CAT for those parts?
                        Cat doesn’t carry them anymore and Agco after four days of pestering can’t give an ETA. Very disappointed in them especially since they’re still making new units with the same part numbers. Apparently Deere used the same drive wheels on some units so my brother is looking to see if we can find something that way possibly.

Comment

Originally posted by Marusko View Post
                          That a speed queen? I've heard great things about them, in particular the old style top-load.
                          The guy we went to see had some rebuilt Huebsch front loads which is the same as a speed queen. Ended up getting an LG as the Mrs wanted a few more cycle options than they offered. I’ll be curious to see how it shakes out. Learned more about laundry in an hour visit with him than either of us knew before 😉

Comment

Originally posted by woodland View Post
                            The guy we went to see had some rebuilt Huebsch front loads which is the same as a speed queen. Ended up getting an LG as the Mrs wanted a few more cycle options than they offered. I’ll be curious to see how it shakes out. Learned more about laundry in an hour visit with him than either of us knew before 😉
                            Our washing machine is a LG, WM 8000 HVA front load, have had it for over 9 years , has been flawless performance. Farm water farm washing direct drive steam.

Cheers

Comment

Brazilian farmers have only sold 30% of their soybeans (150m tonnes) this year, the lowest amount since 2006.

Apparently they are waiting for higher prices.

If decent US crop…in 2023… could be big pressure in global markets… Argentina could be under 30m tonnes, down from 50m tonnes last year…

Apparently Canadian canola crushers are importing canola from Australia…. Wheat is also over priced in Canadian domestic markets….

I see Cargill offering $19.50/bu this morning for Canola….

Cheers

Comment

Interesting dressed beef weights less than last year, as well as slaughter numbers down 4% as well…

Looks like store beef prices will be up big time this spring…

US is still not holding back heifers…beef herd still shrinking…

Brazil refuses to report BSE information in a timely manner…. Over a month after positive is discovered… US legislation to ban Brazilian beef being pushed forward…

Cheers

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                                • Return to Topic List
                                Working...
                                X

This website uses tracking tools, including cookies. We use these technologies for a variety of reasons, including to recognize new and past website users, to customize your experience, perform analytics and deliver personalized advertising on our sites, apps and newsletters and across the Internet based on your interests.
                                You agree to our and by clicking I agree.