• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Urea and Phos prices

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Urea and Phos prices

I need to finish up with more fert purchases soon.
    Yesterdays best bids : 46-0-0---$725
    11-52-0 --- $1105
    any better bids out there?

There are many questions to fertilizer pricing.

Retails were using the excuse of high prices in Europe due to natgas pricing?

Then they used freight?

Now they talk about the Mississippi?

If Urea is coming from Belle Plaine Sk why are those factors?

latest pricing internationally has Urea at 300-350 USD per MT . The math doesn't work for it to be at 725 other than the retail is averaging down their pricing to keep making sales of some product they didn't move at 1000/MT

When do farm groups actually ask for a look into collusionary practices throughout the system.

Politicians like to talk about costs to food, yet won't look at the factors . Its fine to say fertilizer prices are high causing food inflation and yet I have never been able to pass on those expenses.

Comment

Originally posted by bucket View Post
      There are many questions to fertilizer pricing.

Retails were using the excuse of high prices in Europe due to natgas pricing?

Then they used freight?

Now they talk about the Mississippi?

If Urea is coming from Belle Plaine Sk why are those factors?

latest pricing internationally has Urea at 300-350 USD per MT . The math doesn't work for it to be at 725 other than the retail is averaging down their pricing to keep making sales of some product they didn't move at 1000/MT

When do farm groups actually ask for a look into collusionary practices throughout the system.

Politicians like to talk about costs to food, yet won't look at the factors . Its fine to say fertilizer prices are high causing food inflation and yet I have never been able to pass on those expenses.

After the fireworks in the Urea market in the past 18 months I have spent a lot more time price watching. I have learnt lots from following Josh Linville on Twitter and Larry's newsletter. Seems few want dealers to hold inventory with the risk of price changes. For me the big take away currently is the Urea to new crop grain ratio these days. Its a hell of a lot better this year than a year ago.

Comment

Got hosed filling the bins this past fall.

A guy should look at locking in some production because commodities might get a reversion to mean shock too.

Comment

Does fertilizer still work if it doesn't rain? Last year the fertilizer didn't break down. I was picking urea and phos prills in the ground in September.

Sub soil moisture is lower now than anytime that I can remember.

Soil moisture was low going into 2022, and its worse now in 2023. In this area.

Comment

Originally posted by jazz View Post

A guy should look at locking in some production because commodities might get a reversion to mean shock too.
            Fert is falling because grain prices are already falling and have been for months.

I am getting quoted $750/MT SW Sask for 46-0-0 and closer to $800 on potash. I am close to booking all my needs. I have been holding for a reversal on the USD/CAD but CAD is getting weaker.

11-55-0 at $1150/MT locally.

Comment

A quote that I keep thinking about is from Gary Zimmer
              If I could be president of the US I would make Nitrogen fertilizer expensive. That way you learn how grow/make your own.

For the guys that bought fertilizer already I gave them a big thanks for buying up the high price supply

Comment

If Trudeau is coming for fert emissions caps, why wouldnt I buy 10 bins and fill them this summer and remove that risk.

Cant tax what I have already bought.

Comment

How exactly do the liberal clowns plan on reducing fert and or emissions by 30% ?
                  Or is it just virtue signalling again like promising First Nations clean water for 6 years while giving billions away to other countries??

Comment

I guess in NE Sask we pay more for most things.

Urea 850
                    Phos 1220
                    MES 1205
                    Fines 585

These Prices were quoted Feb 9

Comment

Originally posted by furrowtickler View Post
                      How exactly do the liberal clowns plan on reducing fert and or emissions by 30% ?
                      Or is it just virtue signalling again like promising First Nations clean water for 6 years while giving billions away to other countries??
                      And guys like chucky are ok with no clean water for natives , strange !

Comment

28-0-0 down to $460 from near $800 Nov

Comment

Originally posted by jamesb View Post
                          After the fireworks in the Urea market in the past 18 months I have spent a lot more time price watching. I have learnt lots from following Josh Linville on Twitter and Larry's newsletter. Seems few want dealers to hold inventory with the risk of price changes. For me the big take away currently is the Urea to new crop grain ratio these days. Its a hell of a lot better this year than a year ago.
                          Can you explain the significance of the Urea to new crop grain ratio?

Comment

Have 85% of my fert in the bin and plans to seed more alfalfa. Still costs money in fertility to get alfalfa fed right but with livestock I need the feed and grazing. Think I’ll keep on with rotating perennial legumes through what I can but ultimately on a straight grain operation we are screwed. Here Feds want to ban wood burning stoves. Same bs. Any thing which entails a bit of self sufficiency that circumvents some sort of taxation or government control is potentially on the chopping block. I hate to even propel conspiracy theories but as our government further descends into lunacy I do not see any future here unless things change which doesn’t look too promising.

Comment

Originally posted by jazz View Post

Yes but you did well selling your canola when you did

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                              • Return to Topic List
                              Working...
                              X

This website uses tracking tools, including cookies. We use these technologies for a variety of reasons, including to recognize new and past website users, to customize your experience, perform analytics and deliver personalized advertising on our sites, apps and newsletters and across the Internet based on your interests.
                              You agree to our and by clicking I agree.