• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

A interesting tweet from a indigenous friend

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The funny thing in the tweets from Landdownunder, the aboriginals were being called out for their bad behaviour "entitlement".

But if you look at the history of hockey riots by hockey fans in Canada and bad behavior around soccer matches in parts of Europe, bad behavior is not unique to Aboriginals. And probably occurs in Australia too.

It seems convenient to forget about all the entitlement and bad behavior of sports fans over sports.

And lets not forget about all the bad behavior and entitlement of the convoy blockaders and occupiers in Ottawa, Windsor and Coutts who felt they had the right to harass residents, party in hottubs, and block businesses and people from going about their daily lives.

Not to mention the group that conspired to kill cops in Coutts. No doubt some of the usual suspects are part of their support group and fundraising organization because they were " freedom" fighters. So much for the get tough on crime agenda promoted by the some of the same supporters! LOL
    Last edited by chuckChuck; Mar 17, 2023, 08:42.

Comment

Their is good and bad people in every colour and race , or to word it different you can find people of any race that have done stupid stuff , its the real haters that put them into groups and put labels on then
      Last edited by cropgrower; Mar 17, 2023, 13:15.

Comment

Originally posted by chuckChuck View Post
        The funny thing in the tweets from Landdownunder, the aboriginals were being called out for their bad behaviour "entitlement".

But if you look at the history of hockey riots by hockey fans in Canada and bad behavior around soccer matches in parts of Europe, bad behavior is not unique to Aboriginals. And probably occurs in Australia too.

It seems convenient to forget about all the entitlement and bad behavior of sports fans over sports.

And lets not forget about all the bad behavior and entitlement of the convoy blockaders and occupiers in Ottawa, Windsor and Coutts who felt they had the right to harass residents, party in hottubs, and block businesses and people from going about their daily lives.

Not to mention the group that conspired to kill cops in Coutts. No doubt some of the usual suspects are part of their support group and fundraising organization because they were " freedom" fighters. So much for the get tough on crime agenda promoted by the some of the same supporters! LOL
        You forgot BLM riots/looters/arsonists not to mention the terrorists who went after the pipelines and railways

Comment

Was a blurb the other day on the news about racism, as it turns out the Indians are more racist than the whites, hell the Indians even call there own people apples, red on the outside and white in the inside.

Comment

the town i was in far north west remote west australia has similiar issues.

Limited to one box of beer daily or 1 bottle spirits or 2 wine i think.

You have to scan you ID a purchase and it is linked to all other pubs bottle shops. So ya cant go else were.
            The Takeaway Alcohol Management System (TAMS) is in play in the Shire of Broome and Derby.

The initiative, introduced by the Broome Liquor Accord in March 2020 and extended in November 2022, is aimed at reducing crime, violence and anti-social behaviour within the community due to the misuse of alcohol.

Although the State Government will manage the 24-month trial of a Banned Drinkers Register (BDR) and Takeaway Alcohol Management System (TAMS), the Shire has contributed $55,000 towards the initiative with a further $135,000 funding coming from the Kimberley Regional Group.

Under the system, photo identification will be required when purchasing takeaway alcohol. The ID will be scanned by a TAMS system, which monitors the amount of alcohol purchased over a 24-hour period.

As a strategy to reduce sly grogging, the Liquor Control Act 1988 was amended to insert new provisions that make it an offence for a person to carry large quantities of liquor, in prescribed areas of the State. Currently, the maximum permitted quantities of packaged liquor that can be purchased are:

1 carton of beer, cider or pre-mixed spirits; or
            3 bottles of wine; or
            1 litre of spirits; or
            1 litre of fortified wine; or
            a combination of any two of (a), (b), (c) or (d), but not a combination of two of the same products.
            The regulations allow for customers to carry a combination of two products as listed above in a vehicle.

Comment

cattle station owners are exempt as they might only go into town forntnightly and the stations buy a pallett at a time.

think they have to go to police and get paperwork and head straight home with the 48 boxes of beer

alcohol theft rampant from private residence in town

Edit at least there trying locals have no issues with it, indigenous says its racist.

can of worms
              Last edited by Landdownunder; Mar 17, 2023, 22:56.

Comment

quick question how many of you guys have employed indigenous people.

my dad did and i have but he got in trouble with the dreaded iceand the law,never saw him again.

i had no idea but was a good 11 months

Comment

This probably isn't the best thread for this, since it isn't specifically an indigenous problem, but the topic of prisons was brought up here.

Does anyone see any connection between these two?

Comment

It must be cheaper to keep the prisons full, I’ve always thought most in prison probably don’t really belong there, I’m sure it’s mental issues that put them in prison, as long as the prisoners are getting help it really doesn’t matter where they’re institutionalized but some are just plain evil and they really don’t belong in society.

Mass shooters are for sure insane, nobody sane does that stuff and the lefties blame it on guns….
                    Last edited by TSIPP; May 9, 2023, 06:09.

Comment

Well… I’m not sure I’d use old mental hospital numbers as an example. They used to lock anyone up 😂 I think treatment and understanding of mental issues is much better than just lock them away and give them a lobotomy these days.

That said, I’m sure it has some bearing of course, just not the extreme of all those people that would’ve been in a mental hospital in the 60s are now criminals and going to jail instead.

Comment

Originally posted by Blaithin View Post
                        Well… I’m not sure I’d use old mental hospital numbers as an example. They used to lock anyone up 😂 I think treatment and understanding of mental issues is much better than just lock them away and give them a lobotomy these days.

That said, I’m sure it has some bearing of course, just not the extreme of all those people that would’ve been in a mental hospital in the 60s are now criminals and going to jail instead.
                        No, but there is a very direct correlation between those released from mental institutions back in the day, and homelessness and addiction etc. Which in most cases leads to criminal behaviour to feed the addiction.

Comment

Originally posted by AlbertaFarmer5 View Post
                          No, but there is a very direct correlation between those released from mental institutions back in the day, and homelessness and addiction etc. Which in most cases leads to criminal behaviour to feed the addiction.
                          Depends on the illness.

Most “mental illness” these days isn’t really a genetic condition like schizophrenia or bipolar, it’s people declaring themselves as depressed or having anxiety or ADHD and self treating with drugs. Which the drugs then lead to high incidence of criminal activity, yes.

Mental institutions would have had primarily schizophrenics, manic bipolars, Autistics, Downs Syndromes, etc. Not someone who gets anxious when the phone rings.

I would say most criminals who aren’t actually sociopaths would have mental illnesses that are results of their lifestyles, not of their genetics like hospitals would have previously had.

If the graph was showcasing drug use within the general population and prison capacity, that would be appropriate, but trying to compare genetic conditions hospitalized and saying that instead of being hospitalized they’re all just being jailed now, I don’t think that’s the case. I’ve never got the impression that many convicts are schizophrenic or bipolar but maybe there’s a chart somewhere breaking down the different illnesses within the prison population that would show otherwise.

Comment

Depends on the illness.

Most “mental illness” these days isn’t really a genetic condition like schizophrenia or bipolar, it’s people declaring themselves as depressed or having anxiety or ADHD and self treating with drugs. Which the drugs then lead to high incidence of criminal activity, yes.

Mental institutions would have had primarily schizophrenics, manic bipolars, Autistics, Downs Syndromes, etc. Not someone who gets anxious when the phone rings.

I would say most criminals who aren’t actually sociopaths would have mental illnesses that are results of their lifestyles, not of their genetics like hospitals would have previously had.

If the graph was showcasing drug use within the general population and prison capacity, that would be appropriate, but trying to compare genetic conditions hospitalized and saying that instead of being hospitalized they’re all just being jailed now, I don’t think that’s the case. I’ve never got the impression that many convicts are schizophrenic or bipolar but maybe there’s a chart somewhere breaking down the different illnesses within the prison population that would show otherwise.
                            As I said, I haven't seen any evidence that there is a correlation. I do know enough people in the industry, who corroborate that the people who used to be institutionalized and were released, make up a disoroportionate amount of the homeless and addict population. All of the modern self diagnosed anxiety type disorders, and the self-medication with substances is a completely different topic. I doubt many of these people would have been in an institution back in the day.
                            Last edited by AlbertaFarmer5; May 9, 2023, 11:40.

Comment

It would be interesting to see the chart back to 1900. If I had to guess I would say this chart is showing a contribution of peaking of PTSD from the wars.

Again that would be a lifestyle inflicted illness vs genetic and you can see the successful trend of treating these disorders as outpatients instead of institutionalizing them.

But then by your train of logic, PTSD is not being consistently, successfully treated in outpatients, they’re just in jail.

Comment

It would be interesting to see the chart back to 1900. If I had to guess I would say this chart is showing a contribution of peaking of PTSD from the wars.

Again that would be a lifestyle inflicted illness vs genetic and you can see the successful trend of treating these disorders as outpatients instead of institutionalizing them.

But then by your train of logic, PTSD is not being consistently, successfully treated in outpatients, they’re just in jail.
                                That is a thought provoking perspective. You are probably on to something. Although, the patience I was aware of we're all genetic.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                                • Return to Topic List
                                Working...
                                X

This website uses tracking tools, including cookies. We use these technologies for a variety of reasons, including to recognize new and past website users, to customize your experience, perform analytics and deliver personalized advertising on our sites, apps and newsletters and across the Internet based on your interests.
                                You agree to our and by clicking I agree.