• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

When is mustard price going to rocket

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

When is mustard price going to rocket

https://mustgrow.ca/mustgrow-achieves-100-control-of-root-rot-disease-infecting-key-plant-based-protein-crops/

Until sports sees fans planting their butts in seats can’t see a price increase. Unless we all start only eating smokies and hotdogs and sitting on our butts on the couch watching sports, likely status quo for prices.
    The Olympics are in jeopardy again this yr .. would they be using mustard in that event?

Comment

Originally posted by bigzee View Post
      Until sports sees fans planting their butts in seats can’t see a price increase. Unless we all start only eating smokies and hotdogs and sitting on our butts on the couch watching sports, likely status quo for prices.
      The Olympics are in jeopardy again this yr .. would they be using mustard in that event?
      Mustard is dead till Covid goes away .
      Last edited by furrowtickler; Jan 23, 2021, 08:45.

Comment

Originally posted by furrowtickler View Post
        Mustard is dead till Covid goes away .
        Are new crop bids 40 plus cents per pound???

Comment

Even at 40 cents a pound Mustard doesn't pay if your buyer claims this has 23.6% dockage. It's a worse racket than Malt barley ffs.
          Click image for larger version

Name:	20210117_120035.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	94.7 KB
ID:	770709

Comment

Originally posted by ColevilleH2S View Post
            Even at 40 cents a pound Mustard doesn't pay if your buyer claims this has 23.6% dockage. It's a worse racket than Malt barley ffs.
            [ATTACH]7469[/ATTACH]
            Too many games

Comment

Originally posted by biglentil View Post
              Too many games
              I am no expert but that doesn't look like 23 percent dockage...And I have paid for mustard cleaning before selling

Lentils might weigh up but they are easy to get out and then they are worth something after...

Comment

I clean every lb before it leaves the farm... screen it first, then spiral the buckwheat and kochia. It's a serious pain in the ass, but theres no surprises when its delivered.

Comment

I wonder how mustard they will grind up and spray on to get rid of root rot?

Comment

[ATTACH]7469[/ATTACH]
                    Sure doesn't look like 23%. Can't you take that to the Canadian Grain Commission for a resolution?

Comment

Originally posted by Ooofty View Post
                      Sure doesn't look like 23%. Can't you take that to the Canadian Grain Commission for a resolution?
                      The scale sample is supposedly on it's way to the CGC right now for a binding assessment. The way I see it, there is zero risk of them giving it a worse assessment than this one.

Comment

The scale sample is supposedly on it's way to the CGC right now for a binding assessment. The way I see it, there is zero risk of them giving it a worse assessment than this one.
                        Was the mustard grown on red lentil stubble?
                        I “thought” of growing yellow mustard this year, threw idea out the window when i considered the dockage issue I could possibly face. With basically zero weed control chemicals won’t be ever considering it again.
                        Edge at $20-24 and Authority for $12-13 ac is a lot of money for chemicals that really only a couple of weeds at best.

Comment

Originally posted by bigzee View Post
                          Was the mustard grown on red lentil stubble?...
                          Yes it was on Lentil stubble. At the time I wasn't worried about a few volunteer lentils in the Mustard. Looked positively tidy compared to the Flax/Chickpea intercrop.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                          • Return to Topic List
                          Working...
                          X

This website uses tracking tools, including cookies. We use these technologies for a variety of reasons, including to recognize new and past website users, to customize your experience, perform analytics and deliver personalized advertising on our sites, apps and newsletters and across the Internet based on your interests.
                          You agree to our and by clicking I agree.