• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

$ 8.00 wheat

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Everyone take those stupid $7 wheat targets out and ask yourself how in **** wheat can be $6.50 when feed wheat is $7 and barley is near $6 and oats are $4-$4.50 and canola is $16 and flax is $19 and canary is $15 ........ ? Need I go on
    Like I said last spring there would be lots of speculators with their pants around ankles and sore red arses ?
    Well $15 canola is hurting their arses
    We all knew it wasn’t there the surplus ?
    Like someone else said on here there is probably a 1-2 month supply of anything in the world
    They’re playing us on wheat still cause it’s the easy one

Comment

Wheat is one of the few crops that is harvested in every month of the year somewhere around the globe.

Comment

Wheat $8.03 this morning, think we still have a bit more upside left.

Comment

Spring wheat leading today, up12 cents U.S.D.

Comment

Originally posted by Sodbuster View Post
            Wheat is one of the few crops that is harvested in every month of the year somewhere around the globe.
            I've heard EVERYDAY somewhere wheat is being harvested...

Comment

Feed wheat above $7 tells me there is a shortage of feed?

What are the Alberta feedlots using barley, wheat or corn?

Comment

Far out, you guys exporting wheat at a frantic pace i seethis morning.

Maybe your supplies will be exhausted come july august just in time for harvest.

Bodes well.

Other interesting thing china india hold 61% of reserves of wheat.

India also has shitloads ofvthere own wheat cant follow things at times

Comment

Originally posted by Oliver88 View Post
                  Feed wheat above $7 tells me there is a shortage of feed?

What are the Alberta feedlots using barley, wheat or corn?
                  $5+US/bus corn, $6.50 feed barley or $7.50/bus feed wheat delivered to Lethbridge. All expensive. Don't know how they're staying in the black. Local rancher nearly fell over when I told him what feed barley was. He was looking for more to get through winter, but was going to weigh his options.

Comment

Been hearing feed barley as high as $318 / tonne for July delivery to Lethbridge now.

Comment

Originally posted by zeefarmer View Post
                      $5+US/bus corn, $6.50 feed barley or $7.50/bus feed wheat delivered to Lethbridge. All expensive. Don't know how they're staying in the black. Local rancher nearly fell over when I told him what feed barley was. He was looking for more to get through winter, but was going to weigh his options.
                      Who says they are in the black. You can't stop feeding just because of negative margins. As much as I like these prices if we lose feeding capacity it is not coming back and is detrimental to long term grain prices. We all need to be successful because we are integrated.

Comment

8.30 1 cwrs 13.5 contract picked up overnight.

Comment

Originally posted by GDR View Post
                          Who says they are in the black. You can't stop feeding just because of negative margins. As much as I like these prices if we lose feeding capacity it is not coming back and is detrimental to long term grain prices. We all need to be successful because we are integrated.
                          Serfas feedlot has to be a moneymaker....they grew their own feed on the 50000 acres...and will be buying calves at a reasonable price....past the winter weather....they should have a good start...

Comment

Originally posted by mcfarms View Post
                            8.30 1 cwrs 13.5 contract picked up overnight.

Alberta price?

Comment

Originally posted by GDR View Post
                              I've been told that feedlots lose money almost as often as they make money. As long as it averages out to profit in the long run it all works out. With the tax bill, staff that need to be kept busy, fixed overhead, home grown silage/feed that needs to be used, apparently better off keeping the pens full regardless of cost or loss.

Comment

Used to be lots of deferred income tax money trapped going around and around in the feedlots.
                                Is that still happening?

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                                • Return to Topic List
                                Working...
                                X

This website uses tracking tools, including cookies. We use these technologies for a variety of reasons, including to recognize new and past website users, to customize your experience, perform analytics and deliver personalized advertising on our sites, apps and newsletters and across the Internet based on your interests.
                                You agree to our and by clicking I agree.