• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Up Up we go when will it Blow!

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Up Up we go when will it Blow!

We're on a new year and a new continuation of the price rally.

Corn is on a tear today. Soy is quiet but up.

Most guys will be out of Canola come June.

Wheat is up .40 in two days.

So yes Brazil was dry and Argentina is dry. But the world maybe didn't have as big of a crop as we all were told.

Yesterday on Yorkton Radio the Guy bragging all summer about a bumper crop of Canola and farmers were wrong about the size now is saying when the bins are empty we might see 16 to 20 Canola.

I love an expert

The reality is Corn acres are needed since it's used in most stuff in the USA. But soy is low in Volume in the system come the end of the year like our Canadian Canola. Never was the big crop they were telling us the last three years. It was all about keeping prices cheap so others could buy our canola and make out like bandits and then resell to china.

BooBoo did nothing so the only way to survive was fun with numbers.

Wheat is moving also now but still can get almost $7 for feed. Come on it was up .40 cents and elevator bids did nothing.

Countries are worried and a few more hiccups here or there. Oh it's dry in Western Canada and the USA

We have lift off.

One note with SA they are two weeks behind than normal because of how dry it was at seeding. Some areas that got the rains look wow. Some didn't have good germination and then second coming we all farm and know what that will look like at harvest. Go early get first or wait and lose the first for the later second.

Farming is so much fun.

Wouldnt it have been nice to see sales and price and volume and destination from GRain Companies all along. Nah it's Canada shhhhh be very very quiet.

While listening to Chuck Penner yesterday in the Q&A he said he had never seen flax at 20 bucks....but to put it in perspective he had to be reminded what machinery costs.

If you indexed the last high in flax from a few years ago 20 bucks isn't that much in reality...

Its called conditioning.....the experts all condition farmers into believing what a good price is...much like equipment sales ...bigger means you get more done in less time....rarely works in the real world...

If people that are living on indexed salaries ever had them linked to the equivalent that farmers withstand for pricing ...none of them could afford the gas they put in their vehicles...it just means they dont understand the ups and downs of grain pricing that somehow links the price of grain to the color or hairdo on the president's head.....if that makes sense as a comment??????

Comment

It's a decent run-up and fun to watch.

Did deliver what we usually do in December for a bit less on Canola. Now we're in the money.

Sad lots were told to sell wheat and wait. Wheat will be next to start climbing. It's all part of the game.

Comment

Try to go and answer the questions on the code of conduct web site.

I guess I'm spam.

There was a problem with your submission. Errors are marked below.
        Your entry appears to be spam!

Let's all put in Targets were told by grain companies, is the equivalent of shooting fish in a barrel.

Comment

Originally posted by bucket View Post
          While listening to Chuck Penner yesterday in the Q&A he said he had never seen flax at 20 bucks....but to put it in perspective he had to be reminded what machinery costs.

If you indexed the last high in flax from a few years ago 20 bucks isn't that much in reality...
          20 dollar flax might not have been a posted price but was attained in 2008

Comment

I got 16 years ago it was good money.

Now why were all the experts telling the trade big crop all summer and farmers knew the truth.

Comment

Originally posted by farming101 View Post
              I quit growing flax because I was told by our marketers that Kazakhstan was going to take that market permanently. So much for that.

Comment

Originally posted by jazz View Post
                I quit growing flax because I was told by our marketers that Kazakhstan was going to take that market permanently. So much for that.
                They did ...thanks to Saskatchewan breeders putting that little bit of Triffid in a few of their trials when politely asked not to.....then they got rewarded to reconstitute the seed...and farmers lost a market for nearly a decade....

Bitter...just a little....

Comment

Oh, yea I forgot about that Shit show. That's when we quit growing it. Then the local elevator wouldn't buy any.

Ah, good times.

Comment

Originally posted by SASKFARMER View Post
                    Oh, yea I forgot about that Shit show. That's when we quit growing it. Then the local elevator wouldn't buy any.

Ah, good times.
                    Soybeans were to be the next great thing as well....got some left in bin and the exchange price is 14.25usd. Converts to 18.25cdn and the best price so is 14.50cdn...

Exchange is in basis....phuckoff. That's a -4 dollar basis.

Can't grow them if a guy can't sell them...

Comment

In 08 I sold about 3000 bushels of flax, looked, bad smelt bad but the oil was still good, most of it sold at 20.

Comment

Originally posted by farming101 View Post
                        20 bucks in 2008 is 24 today...there is still some room for upward movement in flax by that logic....but I have been making sales at current levels....because I dont want to get slaughtered....

No one making presentations in front of crowds is working for 2008 wages ....why should farmers accept decades old pricing...

When the price of grain is linked to the hair on a president's head...there is something wrong.

Comment

Corn still moving up and so is Min Wheat.

I guess Canola and soy needed a quit day.

Comment

Its blowing now, the wind that is....

Comment

This whole thing is starting to change some seeding plans.

Barley looked great a week or two ago, Maybe not now.

Canola for us is a stable acre that won't change.

Peas I'm starting to wonder why?

Wheat is moving but not enough to add acres.

Durum well guys will seed.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                              • Return to Topic List
                              Working...
                              X

This website uses tracking tools, including cookies. We use these technologies for a variety of reasons, including to recognize new and past website users, to customize your experience, perform analytics and deliver personalized advertising on our sites, apps and newsletters and across the Internet based on your interests.
                              You agree to our and by clicking I agree.