• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Personal projects that every one has?

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Ronski View Post
    Woodland. In his younger days dad was a seismic driller, red seal motor mechanic, heavy duty mechanic, water well driller and worked winters up north till the mid 70's. He told me he wanted the cheapest coffin they had and don't pay a penny extra for decorations. We found his decal collection for farm and HD equipment, places he had been, oil companies he had worked for, his favorite football and hockey teams and whatever else we thought had a place in his life and decorated his casket with it.
    The truck was supposed to be for my brother and I to drive to the cemetery but when the funeral director saw it parked at the church he asked if we wanted to use it instead of the hearse. We stopped at the farm for dad to take a last look at his grandfathers Eaton house and barn while the pallbearers had a quick refreshment.
    Very cool when people personalize those special days. I bet everyone there won’t forget about it.

Thanks for the story🍀

Comment

This is a great thread. I really enjoy looking at the projects. Its very interesting to see the diverse skills and knowledge some famers have or will learn to accomplish a task.
      Nothing as interesting here. I spend a lot of time in the shop fixing the wife and kids’ cars to be on the road full time. A wheel bearing here, oil change there, new ball joints on farm truck, egr valve on car. Its like the vehicle codes are synchronized to give me 2 days grace and then a new drama sets in.
      I have been doing house upgrades in winters. Changed out all the plumbing to pex. Sewer from cast iron to pvc. Now I can install subfloor and nice flooring in the final phase in the basement.
      I fantasize about going into “housecat” mode. I will compare the comfort levels of the upstairs couch vs. the downstairs couch depending on the sunshine in the window. The household members can leave some food around and let me outside to pee twice a day.🙂
      Best line yet, Ronski, “there’s only so much beer to drink.”
      Last edited by hobbyfrmr; Jan 11, 2021, 12:32.

Comment

Originally posted by LEP View Post
        Is it solar powered electric??
        Bin , caught this on the rebound
        But this looks like a really interesting project
        Keep us updated , would really like to see it fly
        Do you have to be a licensed pilot ?

Comment

Originally posted by caseih View Post
          Bin , caught this on the rebound
          But this looks like a really interesting project
          Keep us updated , would really like to see it fly
          Do you have to be a licensed pilot ?
          And just think of the possibilities, Bin could apply glyphosate with his new toy, and no one would suspect anything.
          And of course, since I am on ignore, he doesn't even need to defend himself.

Comment

Originally posted by WiltonRanch View Post
            Looks like one those guys who could screw a snake in a rock pile. They had some top line angus genetics but looked like a good source of stories for the Billings Gazette. Enough of those purebred operations that went toes up over the years from expansions and needless crookery involved in the purebred industry. Billings gazette has lots of info.
            Do we have any Billings Gazette's in western Canada?

Leachman was way up here doing Piedmontese embrios in co-operators cows back in thier hay day.
            Big part of thier production came from co-operator herds.
            I don't think that worked out for everone invoved.
            Leachman could have been great reality tv!

Comment

Originally posted by Bin Lurking View Post
              No its not like yours. Ours is a proper one.

https://composite-fx.com/
              What's the carbon footprint on that toy?

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	15969FE1-CA26-4980-9A84-5A9D7E269308_1_201_a.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	19.7 KB
ID:	770668

This one was by our home in Florida, I should have bought it a took it home for a project.

Very reasonable even in USA dollars.

Some you win some you lose.

Like a 7520 for 9500 dollars.

Comment

Originally posted by shtferbrains View Post
                  Do we have any Billings Gazette's in western Canada?

Leachman was way up here doing Piedmontese embrios in co-operators cows back in thier hay day.
                  Big part of thier production came from co-operator herds.
                  I don't think that worked out for everone invoved.
                  Leachman could have been great reality tv!
                  That had to be early mid 90’s. Don’t hear much if any of that breed anymore. When I was in 4h in those days I remember one or two of them.

Comment

O I remember the double muscle animals.

They say 3 more seasons of Yellowstone will be produced can't go any further.

Well, that's good since we're done three and four are already shot.

Comment

Originally posted by SASKFARMER View Post
                      O I remember the double muscle animals.

They say 3 more seasons of Yellowstone will be produced can't go any further.

Well, that's good since we're done three and four are already shot.
                      There was a period of time where virtually every cow breed was tried here. Double muscled had a bad rap for hard calving. Belgian Blue were the Pekingese of the cow world with caesareans more the norm than the exception.

Comment

Originally posted by WiltonRanch View Post
                        There was a period of time where virtually every cow breed was tried here. Double muscled had a bad rap for hard calving. Belgian Blue were the Pekingese of the cow world with caesareans more the norm than the exception.
                        We’ve been black since wayyyyy before it was cool out here in the muskeg and sticks. Never seen a C section till a couple years ago. Still never seen a cancer eye. If it ain’t broke don’t fix it😉

Comment

Originally posted by woodland View Post
                          We’ve been black since wayyyyy before it was cool out here in the muskeg and sticks. Never seen a C section till a couple years ago. Still never seen a cancer eye. If it ain’t broke don’t fix it😉
                          My dad raised purebred Aberdeen angus in his early days and stuck with them his whole career. I have some video of him from the 1950’s. Those blacks then were sure a short legged, stocky beast. Blunt faced things. They were cute, even the old cows...

Comment

Originally posted by Sheepwheat View Post
                            My dad raised purebred Aberdeen angus in his early days and stuck with them his whole career. I have some video of him from the 1950’s. Those blacks then were sure a short legged, stocky beast. Blunt faced things. They were cute, even the old cows...
                            We got pictures from dad as a kid in 4H and they weren’t much taller than your belt buckle. Finished out at 923 lbs too.

Back on topic.............

Best personal (and future “personnel”) project anyone could have. She’s been coming out every day for feeding without complaining.

I love my job🍀

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                            • Return to Topic List
                            Working...
                            X

This website uses tracking tools, including cookies. We use these technologies for a variety of reasons, including to recognize new and past website users, to customize your experience, perform analytics and deliver personalized advertising on our sites, apps and newsletters and across the Internet based on your interests.
                            You agree to our and by clicking I agree.