• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Pulse prices?

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Any chance of a last minite rally for old crop canary seed ?
    Forgot to sell a couple loads

Comment

Originally posted by caseih View Post
      Any chance of a last minite rally for old crop canary seed ?
      Forgot to sell a couple loads
      Kinda doubt it. But likely be rewarded for waiting into nov dec

Comment

Originally posted by dave4441 View Post
        Dunn Peas are essentially a cheap subsitute for Maple peas in China (and not used anywhere else yet). But Maple pea prices are sluggish due to heavy stocks sitting in China and maple market is around $8 fob so my guess is Dunns are 6-7. I suspect that increases later in season but they still likely are worth less then a green pea.

The Dunn peas apparently have a better taste after protien extraction and higher protien then yellow peas but hard to remove the seed coat prior to fractionation. They should be a premium but buyers in destination market just don't see it that way so extremely hard to market. We have done a small export program on them but it is super difficult to trade. We won't dip back into this market for a few years and i have told some friends to stop growing them.

Green pea market is very quiet as well and trade generally feels acreage is up and decent crop overall. Not perfect everywhere but $10+ per bushel for the last couple years continues to increase acreage and eventually it will matter to price. I don't have a crystal ball on this market but i dont expect it to react similar to last few years. That"s the reason green pea acreage went up.

On lentils the long term issue is its a big crop. Yes inventory is down but acreage is way way up. I dont need farmlink to tell me that it is a significant crop. Yes there are pockets of poorer areas but long term average is 1300 lbs. I feel it is likely better then that across Sask and southern alberta. Indian demand will help and we cant predict that either. Best to look at profit per acre on all these crops and market if the number is big enough. I am aggressively sold on green lentils for my farm. Holding canary and maple peas until later in winter. Never grew Durum or canola.
        Did you have much cereals in last year?

Comment

Originally posted by TASFarms View Post
          Did you have much cereals in last year?
          Last year we had 1/3 durum acres

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
          • Return to Topic List
          Working...
          X

This website uses tracking tools, including cookies. We use these technologies for a variety of reasons, including to recognize new and past website users, to customize your experience, perform analytics and deliver personalized advertising on our sites, apps and newsletters and across the Internet based on your interests.
          You agree to our and by clicking I agree.