• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Metalfor New Sprayer & Combine deal.

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Womdet what the price of
    Energy is there? Fuel and electricity?
    That's part of the problem here to start with. All this oil everywhere and we can't use that crazy cheap right here? Our economy would explode if we had half price fuel as other nations. Not to mention since our size of country is so vast what a difference it would mean for all of us.

Instead some are so glossy eyed over oil being stupid price so some could have a stupid high paying job but the real growth would be if it were exactly reverse of what is happenning.

Comment

Well Klause we have versatile sprayers and combines here if you think cheaper equipment is the answer. At the end of the day if i spend 400,000k on a combine and plan to keep it for 5 years put 1200 hours on it all that matters is what those hours cost in terms of repairs and depreciation and how many $$ worth of grain it combined which would be around 6 million. I dont see where 150,000 usd for mini sized 250hp combine is a deal still needs a man and repairs.

Comment

Big Wheel, interesting take, you know while oil was spiking, (anything over $100 a barrel) I knew right then that everything was going to get thrown out of whack. Environmentalists spent all their time thinking of how they could nail big oil, the rest of the world dreamt up a "green" plot to extort the wealth from the West, billions and billions $ were poured into fuel-saving ideas, cars, insulation, even light bulbs. Some were even burning grain to stay warm. Can you imagine a world where oil had stayed in that $37/barrel range and we never had to go through this phase? What a monster we created!

Comment

Originally posted by bgmb View Post
          Well Klause we have versatile sprayers and combines here if you think cheaper equipment is the answer. At the end of the day if i spend 400,000k on a combine and plan to keep it for 5 years put 1200 hours on it all that matters is what those hours cost in terms of repairs and depreciation and how many $$ worth of grain it combined which would be around 6 million. I dont see where 150,000 usd for mini sized 250hp combine is a deal still needs a man and repairs.
          Well for $400,000 here in Canada your getting what ? Class 6 , maybe a great deal on a new class 7 ?
          Klause was simply giving us info , seems to be a horrible thing to do on this site lol

Comment

BMG you really are not getting this equipment thing are you.

We are getting totally screwed on equipment.

Hell i could buy what 7 or 8 of these instead of three Deere and probably finish harvesting two weeks ahead of what i am now.

Equipment is a joke in North America and as long as guys fly the flag of Boy scouts and dont open their eyes to reality we cant compete in todays ag when Eastern Europe and South america are handing us our lunch.

Comment

Furrow, no need to defend Klausterphobia, I think he can defend himself, and does. I think we are all aware of the "Golden Goose" primary Ag production has become in Western Canada and how it's milked to the max.

Is it reset time?

Comment

No, just presenting another aide of an argument its called a debate and its possible to learn and change minds with debate. Including my own mind at times I have been known to change it...... Point is i can run my farm just a cheap buying at ritchie bros or bringing in used from the states which at times is very cheap.

Comment

Originally posted by bgmb View Post
                  No, just presenting another aide of an argument its called a debate and its possible to learn and change minds with debate. Including my own mind at times I have been known to change it...... Point is i can run my farm just a cheap buying at ritchie bros or bringing in used from the states which at times is very cheap.
                  Yup agreed on used equipment.
                  Not defending, just pointing out that sharing ideas gets one pounded into the ground on here once in a while.

Comment

Used from the USA were looking at a home right now and were adding 60000 to price so equipment would also be same im thinking wouldn't it.

Reality is in North America were getting screwed every day.

Prime example i get home and stop for a morning bite for the wife and me as we cross the border in canada. I go to usual place get a meal and wife and its 21.00 same thing in Florida was 8 even with exchange same place buying were getting screwed .

Welcome to Canada were it maybe isn't as perfect as some pretend.

Comment

Dont get me wrong im not trying to be confrontational but you have to admit equipment is insane priced in Canada.

A auger 50000 a harrow 100000 a house 750000.

We need a reset and unfortunately it won't happen till farmers wake up and sad part it might be to late then.

Comment

Right now there is not much savings on tractors and combines out of the states but at times it is HUGE certain things almost 2 for the price of one on used stuff.

Comment

Sk3

"Hell i could buy what 7 or 8 of these instead of three Deere and probably finish harvesting two weeks ahead of what i am now. "

Who are you trying to B.S on here? You make a lot of noise but never follow through, besides you love posting pictures on Agriville of that JD equipment.

Comment

Have a Steiger that turns 22 this year. At its half life for hours. Parts and service 25 mins away.
                            Nuff said.

Comment

Still using a 1993 Case 9270 . Still should have lots of life left .
                              It is neat to see other equipment from other countries and the fact that an actual equipment manufacturer has identified that the Argentine Ag sector may be suffering a slow down and is actually offering new machinery at a discount. I don’t think that’s ever happened in North America.

Comment

Originally posted by wiseguy
                                They price fix equipment in sask !
                                ........only?

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                                • Return to Topic List
                                Working...