• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Canola now what

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Canola now what

Monday should give some good indication. All depends where we are in the cycle
    Click image for larger version

Name:	RSN18 Mar 9 18.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	74.3 KB
ID:	777899
    Click image for larger version

Name:	trader sentiment.jpg
Views:	3
Size:	92.4 KB
ID:	777900

Isn't it time for profit taking and have funds drive it lower? ....again.

Still no more canola than there was 5 days ago.

Reality versus perception about recent precipitation....one snow storm isn't a drought buster. Weber's newsletter still highlights a huge deficit in my area....and deficiencies in others.

Soybean meal

Domestic crush margins

Expected improved rail movement going forward.

Comment

I hear saskatchewan is growing canola this year so here in mb we will grow wheat and beans. ****ed the lentil market now time to flood the canola market and spread some clubroot
      Last edited by bgmb; Mar 10, 2018, 21:34.

Comment

Crushers booked up for 2 months..no rail cars..
        No one knows..the bad joke continues..

Comment

Drag on ICE canola is coming from the beans . . . China warning of U.S. soybean tariff retaliation. Bean technicals turning down and definite risk of further fund liquidation (IMO).

Comment

Originally posted by errolanderson View Post
            Drag on ICE canola is coming from the beans . . . China warning of U.S. soybean tariff retaliation. Bean technicals turning down and definite risk of further fund liquidation (IMO).
            Errol. Is this 5 years in a row that your wrong or is it more. Again canola rises in Price right into spring
            Again we get to $12 and more actually just last week. I ask Larry Weber this exact question. Analyst always bearish and every year it hits $12 and more in March April. Weber said this year was different and no real chance of $12. Just asking the question?

Comment

Originally posted by vvalk View Post
              Errol. Is this 5 years in a row that your wrong or is it more. Again canola rises in Price right into spring
              Again we get to $12 and more actually just last week. I ask Larry Weber this exact question. Analyst always bearish and every year it hits $12 and more in March April. Weber said this year was different and no real chance of $12. Just asking the question?
              vvalk . . . at least I'm good at one thing . . . being wrong.

Comment

Errol

keep us up to date on market conditions. Your insights are much appreciated.

What are your thoughts on soy oil and palm oil stocks to use going forward the next 6 months.

What are the crush margins like these days

How are canola stocks looking domestic and international?

The painting is abstract but those with insight can make out what the artist is trying to create.

Trying to consistently and Accurately Predicting the future of a market direction that is driven by not yet known events.. those are the silly folk

Again, much respect for your willingness to share. It’s a sign of your passion for analysis and we in the ag protection are lucky for this.

Comment

Yes, Errol, please keep the informative posts coming. I don't expect you or anyone else's analysis to be right every time, but sure do appreciate the facts you bring to the table. Not sure why you or other knowledgeable posters are willing to subject themselves to scrutiny on a public forum for information you post for free. But thanks for doing so. It is refreshing to read actual relevant marketing information on the commodity marketing forum.

Comment

Originally posted by AlbertaFarmer5 View Post
                    Yes, Errol, please keep the informative posts coming. I don't expect you or anyone else's analysis to be right every time, but sure do appreciate the facts you bring to the table. Not sure why you or other knowledgeable posters are willing to subject themselves to scrutiny on a public forum for information you post for free. But thanks for doing so. It is refreshing to read actual relevant marketing information on the commodity marketing forum.
                    I second that. Thanks for your info. Facts and how things play out will make us hero’s or zeros. Economics and sociology are social sciences and involve humans which don’t always act as expected.

Comment

Not trying to be a dick but just saying lots of farmers sell based on these predictions and it’s means a lot to some families livelihoods. I get frustrated when it’s always negative and every year by spring we reach prices analysts swear won’t happen. Even when they are called out it’s “ this year is different” and every year they are wrong. Id you get paid to forecast you have to expect criticism

Comment

VValk if every year higher prices are achieved in the spring why do you need someone to tell you that?

Comment

Just locked in most of last years canola which is all a #3 due to green seeds for $10.53 which I think is great considering it’s quality.

Speaking of forecasting/predicting they were talking on the radio that they can now predict where lightning is going to hit in the forest and start a fire. I kinda have a hard time believing that when they can’t get the weather close to start with. Last week we were supposed to hit +12 on Wednesday which they kept pushing back till today and now it’s been dropped altogether. It’s gotten to +2 and that’s what they’re calling for the rest of the week now.

Take any forecast or predictions with a grain of salt. After all they’re created by humans😉

Comment

Originally posted by wiseguy
                            They’rev paying close to $ 12 because she’s in short supply !

The grain cos ain’t making enough money !

As soon as there’s a crop they’ll be giving $ 5 a bushel !

Surprised the runs lasted this long !
                            She was in short supply “here” after mudding the crop in late this spring and fighting snow/mud all fall too. Not sure who has this record crop (according to StatsCan😉) since it’s not us.

Comment

Today's action very bullish after the gap lower star pattern yesterday.

Will need rest of today and tomorrow to give direction. One green bar doth not a trend make

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                              • Return to Topic List
                              Working...
                              X

This website uses tracking tools, including cookies. We use these technologies for a variety of reasons, including to recognize new and past website users, to customize your experience, perform analytics and deliver personalized advertising on our sites, apps and newsletters and across the Internet based on your interests.
                              You agree to our and by clicking I agree.