• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Farm machinery recalls

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Farm machinery recalls

Why is there no such thing as a recall on farm machinery....

Fixing parts like displays and rims is getting expensive and annoying when you hear ....it's common...

Rims breaking and it just so happens deere has 20 in Regina. 3300...neither combine is over 1300 separator hours....2 rims in the last 3 years....

Touch screen quits working at only 600 hours and it's common too ....2300 to repair....but I can buy a 55 inch TV at that price.....

Dash in my 7520 mechanical only had 2300 hours on it and after replacing the alternator and belt... the display was the problem ...3500 to replace because no one could access parts on a deere propriety parts.....

This is getting old why are the farm machinery manufacturers not responsible for this....warranty or not....

They build bigger machines to put less hours on in a year and run the warranty out on time. ....
    Last edited by bucket; Oct 15, 2017, 08:11.

Yea and some are real safety issues like a rim blowing on a sprayer at 30-40 mph . Or lights quitting on an agco swather at night on the road ? List could go on for hours

Comment

All the equipment fires why isn't insurance Co hollering? If it was auto industry would be recall on even potential problem.

Need a Ralph Nader of farm equip. What is all this costing farmers in insurance premiums.

Had a claim and adjuster told me what happened, what was broke and cost to repair over the phone before I had a chance to explain.

Comment

That happened to me too....the claim was denied because it was a deere issue....

Comment

I think there are two standards...one for the stuff sold to the general public and one for farming stuff sold to farmers of which is a small percentage in comparison.

Programs that are "fix as fail"...knowing there is a problem that will get a warranty repair "IF" it fails.

What picks my ass is a new item can have a list of "upgrades"....what the ****...are farmers the field-test-dummies? Bring it to market too early and have the purchasers reveal all the bugs in it?

Comment

Originally posted by bucket View Post
            That happened to me too....the claim was denied because it was a deere issue....
            Ever hear of back axle breaking off an IHC axleflow? LoL Insurance company had.

Comment

I think people are getting fed up with replacing parts that should last the lifetime of the machine....failing after a few hundred hours.....

Comment

Originally posted by wmoebis View Post
                Ever hear of back axle breaking off an IHC axleflow? LoL Insurance company had.
                Axle flow a much more suiting name than Axial Flow!

Comment

Originally posted by biglentil View Post
                  Axle flow a much more suiting name than Axial Flow!
                  LOL not even going to blame spell check or auto correct.

Comment

I know of several 9870 combines that destroyed their rads when the engine fan bearings failed. Usually about 1200-1500 hours. Non greasing, no suggested user service.
                    They need checking for "play" every day. Nothing $15000-$18000 won't fix.
                    Deere says bearing under high load but never had an update, won't cover parts.
                    Insurance would only pay if the damage caused a fire, we weren't that lucky.
                    Deere 12.5/13.5 water pump is a disgrace, suggested replacement every 2000 hours? Many failed before Deere even said that.
                    Case IH 8120 combine burned lately, the over heated chopper bearing conveniently located below the fuel pump or filter. Full insurance...100% destroyed to a pile of scrap iron.

Comment

Unbelievable that Case would not put some tin shielding or some fire protection on the plastic fuel tank 3 inches away from an always chaff filled 3000 rpm chopper bearing with a hidden 2nd grease nipple. Or how bout the 1.25 inches of spline that drives the feeder house chain. Some guys have to change out twice a season for $4000 in parts. Or how bout the .70 cent 1 inch circlip that regularly fails and lets the cooling fan walk into the $6000 radiator. Then there is the rub bars placed on the rotor to run inside the transition cone. Like Hello McFly! Or the stone trap thats like having a back seat in an old Mazda RX7. So small its virtually useless.

The combine manufacturers must think we idiots.

Comment

Nope Biglentil. some engineers are just what I call "book smart but practically stupid".

Comment

To improve our bearing offering and quality we have released new part numbers. The new OEM part number is 84330070 which is a top quality, made in the USA bearing designed for your application. We also have 84330070GV which is our value will-fit option when low price is what you need.

This is the notice in the online parts book for my Case combine.

I had this bearing fail in my 900 hour Case combine this fall and you can see in the parts book that Case has no faith in the bearings that they put in the combine.

Comment

Those that run Deere 8000 and 9000 with the brilliant variable speed fan drive know how to CURSE engineers. Lucky if they last 2000 hours before failure. Non greasing but guys are drilling holes to add a nipple. Parts are stupid and no update/rebuild or admission of stupidity.... fix as fail, and that is guarenteed!
                            Another reason we got a Versatile, but time will tell, if I ever run it long enough. Hydraulic reversing Fan, $7000 option, same fan on a Deere grader RM bought, $25000.
                            Last edited by fjlip; Oct 15, 2017, 11:33.

Comment

Originally posted by seldomseen View Post
                              To improve our bearing offering and quality we have released new part numbers. The new OEM part number is 84330070 which is a top quality, made in the USA bearing designed for your application. We also have 84330070GV which is our value will-fit option when low price is what you need.

This is the notice in the online parts book for my Case combine.

I had this bearing fail in my 900 hour Case combine this fall and you can see in the parts book that Case has no faith in the bearings that they put in the combine.
                              Like everything we buy...made with parts from the LOWEST BIDDER.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                              • Return to Topic List
                              Working...
                              X

This website uses tracking tools, including cookies. We use these technologies for a variety of reasons, including to recognize new and past website users, to customize your experience, perform analytics and deliver personalized advertising on our sites, apps and newsletters and across the Internet based on your interests.
                              You agree to our and by clicking I agree.