• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Money for airlines

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Our RM is sitting on 2.6 million in fairly liquid assets.
    Almost no liabilities.
    Accumulated surplus of 6.2 million.

But I sure can't complain about the mill rate and services are decent. A bit is a bone to pick about the "shape" of the road surface(crown versus flat that poorly sheds rain---- whenever that happens here)

Comment

This is what minister Joly said..."Many other countries in the world go ahead and support their regional routes through subsidies, including the U.S.,"

Now if our farm groups can't piggy back on that statement there is something wrong with them....

And Trump has sent out or promised the equivalent of 75 billion CDN to American farmers so far and its not over.....

Comment

Originally posted by MBgrower View Post
        90% of air travel is completely unnecessary, a government truly concerned about the environment/climate change would recognize this and perhaps encourage a downsizing, much like they are doing to the energy sector.
        This is a valid point. It seems as though climate alarmists love flying especially to warm destinations in January.

Comment

Originally posted by bucket View Post
          So Melanie Joly said other countries support their airlines regionally...

And where the phuck are our farm leaders asking the exact same question for farmers?

Disclaimer...I didn't mean to like my own thread....I was scrolling and hit like button without realizing it.
          A big thank you from Trudeau for spreading the virus all over Canada as fast as possible

Comment

Originally posted by GALAXIE500 View Post
            I think it is high time we went down to about 150 RMs instead of the current 296. My RM has a $ 500,000 gravel budget for 9 townships . Time to trim some fat boys , and I am sure it goes on in a lot of RMs in this province.
            Have you tried buying gravel lately? It aint getting any cheaper. Our RM has its own pit. But that won't last forever. Depending on the amount of rain we use between 50 and 80,000 yards a year. At $28 a yard if you had to pay full bore, it becomes a big number quick. Plus the cost to spread.

Just a note. The cost has gone up substantially in the last two years because of the infrastructure projects.

Comment

Son in law has two pilots working for him as labourers
              One flies the big ones
              He doesnt think he will ever work again
              Gotta feel bad for them
              It takes 10 years of starving to death as a pilot to get the hours
              One was flying groc to reserves and they paid him min wage
              Its a cutthroat buisness
              I feel pretty lucky doing what im doing , where im doing it right now !

Comment

Originally posted by LEP View Post
                Have you tried buying gravel lately? It aint getting any cheaper. Our RM has its own pit. But that won't last forever. Depending on the amount of rain we use between 50 and 80,000 yards a year. At $28 a yard if you had to pay full bore, it becomes a big number quick. Plus the cost to spread.

Just a note. The cost has gone up substantially in the last two years because of the infrastructure projects.
                $28 per yard is a crazy price for gravel.

Comment

Originally posted by LEP View Post

That sounds high.

Our municipality took a tender for $7.50 or $8.00/ T for A gravel this spring when the roads were covered. Maximum 10 - 12 mile haul from pit.

At 1.5 T/ yard - not hard to figure.

Correction: that cost is per metric tonne.

Nuther edit: at $28/yard, it would be more feasible to pave the roads.
                  Last edited by burnt; Sep 26, 2020, 10:56.

Comment

Originally posted by Oliver88 View Post
                    $28 per yard is a crazy price for gravel.
                    That is the reality here in wc sask. 40 to 50 mile haul from the pit. We have tendered and bought a few thousand yards at that.

Crushing is $3.65 on gravel plus $3 on reject. Our pit is becoming sandier and so we reject 40 to 60 percent.

We have bought pure clean crushed rock for $16 and hauled to our pit and blended sand and it still worked out to mid $20s.

If you have a gravel pit in your rm don't take it for granted.

Comment

Originally posted by burnt View Post
                      That sounds high.

Our municipality took a tender for $7.50 or $8.00/ T for A gravel this spring when the roads were covered. Maximum 10 - 12 mile haul from pit.

At 1.5 T/ yard - not hard to figure.

Correction: that cost is per metric tonne.

Nuther edit: at $28/yard, it would be more feasible to pave the roads.
                      Don't take having gravel for granted. It's supply and demand. Lots of supply and it's cheaper.

Area RM's at one time looked at bringing it in by rail. That comes at a cost as well.

Cost to pave would be a few hundred million. Even just the heavy haul roads would be 75 million. 18 townships. Several hundred miles of road. But the lowest mill rate in the province.

Comment

Envy your RM, farma.

Mine apparently doesn't have any reserves. The administrator when asked by a ratepayer replied that that question would have to be asked of their auditor.

Some days you have to shake your head, and wonder what more important could be in the head of a $80,000.00 plus salaried administrator. I'd say not much.

Comment

Originally posted by checking View Post
                          Envy your RM, farma.

Mine apparently doesn't have any reserves. The administrator when asked by a ratepayer replied that that question would have to be asked of their auditor.

Some days you have to shake your head, and wonder what more important could be in the head of a $80,000.00 plus salaried administrator. I'd say not much.
                          The info I posted is provided is a "snap shot" of the financial statements, it accompanies ever year's tax notice.

They used to also show the Councillor's remuneration but no longer provide that kind of "detail".

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                          • Return to Topic List
                          Working...
                          X

This website uses tracking tools, including cookies. We use these technologies for a variety of reasons, including to recognize new and past website users, to customize your experience, perform analytics and deliver personalized advertising on our sites, apps and newsletters and across the Internet based on your interests.
                          You agree to our and by clicking I agree.