• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Money for airlines

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Money for airlines

So Melanie Joly said other countries support their airlines regionally...

And where the phuck are our farm leaders asking the exact same question for farmers?

Disclaimer...I didn't mean to like my own thread....I was scrolling and hit like button without realizing it.
    Last edited by bucket; Sep 25, 2020, 07:10.

This f-kn APAS for one should be ashamed of themselves
    Get after your councillors , defund that useless outfit
    Liberal assholes doubled that fk-n carbon tax on drying grain and APAS just lays there licking their nuts saying its ok long as we get our per diems
    Last edited by caseih; Sep 24, 2020, 20:55.

Comment

Originally posted by caseih View Post
      This f-kn APAS for one should be ashamed of themselves
      Get after your councillors , defund that useless outfit
      Liberal assholes doubled that fk-n carbon tax on drying grain and APAS just lays there licking their nuts saying its ok long as we get our per diems
      Every time I talk with my RM counsellor he gives me the runaround, I guess he’s just smarter than everyone else. It’s just taxation with out representation.

Comment

Sometimes I think all the APAS Reps are is tax dollar tit suckers.

Have they single handedly made a difference on any issue.
        Maybe they have, please list them.

Out of 296 Sask Rural Municipalities, 137 have APAS membership. Two Reps out of each of the six districts makes up the BOD.
        Last edited by farmaholic; Sep 24, 2020, 22:36.

Comment

Oh I know, maybe they could lobby for fair grain contracts for farmers, start by giving Producers the right to offer their grain to multiple buyers at the same time. Not some one- sided piece of shit contract that ties our hands( commits us to one buyer until they decide to accept it), is that marketing freedom? Is that competition. How do these things happen? That is the biggest reason I hate target price agreements. If I have my grain offered to numerous buyers at the same time and more than one triggers, I will decide where I sell it.

Comment

Originally posted by farmaholic View Post
            Oh I know, maybe they could lobby for fair grain contracts for farmers, start by giving Producers the right to offer their grain to multiple buyers at the same time. Not some one- sided piece of shit contract that ties our hands( commits us to one buyer until they decide to accept it), is that marketing freedom? Is that competition. How do these things happen? That is the biggest reason I hate target price agreements. If I have my grain offered to numerous buyers at the same time and more than one triggers, I will decide where I sell it.
            Hey mate im the class dunce but whats this offer grain to multiple buyers at one time gig. Just dont get it sorry am I missing something?

Today here ijust checked harvest 7weeks away minimum so buyers not out of the woodwork yet butvthere were 26 operating at local elevator with privces if i chose to go there plus aplethoria of domestic bids?

Are you telling me some days you only have one buyer? Sorry dumb question but hey its ON topic

Comment

Not a dumb question Mallee.

In Canada GrainCos want Producers to sign target price agreements. This is basically telling the GrainCo how much Spondoolee we want for our grain, but they are "binding" contracts but only binding the Producer to the GrainCo. So there those contracts sit until the GrainCo decides to take the contracted tonnage at the price the Producer wants. The problem is you can't offer that same grain to other GrainCos as long as that contract is in force. Producers have the right to withdraw the contract(offer) at any time.

I guess if the Producer wanted to offer grain to multiple Buyers at the same time, they could split up the tonnage and offer smaller amounts to multiple buyers. If one of the Companies accepted the Producer's offer, the Producer could always hope the GrainCo might take all the grain he wanted to sell(on offer to other GrainCos as well but those target price contracts would have to be cancelled first).

In my opinion it's a shifty system for the Producer. One sided.

Image signing a grain contract and only one party is bound by it, limiting their ability to sell their grain to another buyer. But the Purchaser has that open offer to them and it just sits there until THEY decide to accept it. You are committed to them but they aren't committed to you! One sided binding contract until you decide to withdraw the offer or they accept it.

Producers can put an expiry date on the offer.

Comment

Originally posted by malleefarmer View Post
                Hey mate im the class dunce but whats this offer grain to multiple buyers at one time gig. Just dont get it sorry am I missing something?

Today here ijust checked harvest 7weeks away minimum so buyers not out of the woodwork yet butvthere were 26 operating at local elevator with privces if i chose to go there plus aplethoria of domestic bids?

Are you telling me some days you only have one buyer? Sorry dumb question but hey its ON topic
                Each company gives the farmer the option to place a future target price that you the farmer would accept for your grain. The farmer can select any price that they want and wait to see if the company they placed this target price with will accept it. Let’s say you have a 1,000 bushels total crop and selected 12.00 a bushel target with viterra. Viterra then has the option to accept your offer or not at any time during the time period you selected. If you made this same target price offer with the other companies and they all accepted the offer at the same time. You’d be in trouble because you don’t have that grain for all of them.
                It should be changed as mentioned above so that you can put in your price that you want with all the buyers and if any or all of them accept then you get to pick which one you want to sell to. That would be a step closer to actual market freedom. It would also create more true competition I believe.

Comment

Geez I'm good at derailing threads. How did we get from "money for airlines" to grain contracts?

Damn marketing forum, how does that marketing stuff creep into unrelated topics?

Comment

Geez I'm good at derailing threads. How did we get from "money for airlines" to grain contracts?

Damn marketing forum, how does that marketing stuff creep into unrelated topics?
                    It's because you take the blinders off and have a wide angle view.

Our farm leaders can't ....

Even our conservative MPs when they heard Joly say that on the news last night about supporting Canadian airlines because other countries do.....should be a red flag for our local MPS to speak up....they won't.

Comment

Lol if I would have seen your better explanation sooner I wouldn’t have posted mine for how the targets work.

What else can we say about airlines anyway? Lol

Actually the topic is about how industry reps are effective. Our ag reps certainly are not. All our farm groups have become or maybe always were politicized. For example as mentioned apas is just a sub group for the sask party. It’s so obvious they never question anything the government does at all. A few times when farmers start threatening to cancel them they put out a meaningless paper that they never follow through on.
                      Appear to be ass ickers just waiting for the next sask party mla candidate to retire so they can be the next one to be useless and collect the best pension there is to do nothing.
                      Smooth control move by the sask party but a complete waste of farmers money going through the rm.

Comment

Nothing wrong with your post BW. Another similar point of view verifies the problem.

Comment

Sometimes I think all the APAS Reps are is tax dollar tit suckers.

Have they single handedly made a difference on any issue.
                          Maybe they have, please list them.

Out of 296 Sask Rural Municipalities, 137 have APAS membership. Two Reps out of each of the six districts makes up the BOD.
                          I think it is high time we went down to about 150 RMs instead of the current 296. My RM has a $ 500,000 gravel budget for 9 townships . Time to trim some fat boys , and I am sure it goes on in a lot of RMs in this province.

Comment

90% of air travel is completely unnecessary, a government truly concerned about the environment/climate change would recognize this and perhaps encourage a downsizing, much like they are doing to the energy sector.

Comment

Originally posted by MBgrower View Post
                              90% of air travel is completely unnecessary, a government truly concerned about the environment/climate change would recognize this and perhaps encourage a downsizing, much like they are doing to the energy sector.
                              No MP is going to go against subsidizing the airlines...how are they to get away to Ottawa to phuck the dog or someone else?

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                              • Return to Topic List
                              Working...
                              X

This website uses tracking tools, including cookies. We use these technologies for a variety of reasons, including to recognize new and past website users, to customize your experience, perform analytics and deliver personalized advertising on our sites, apps and newsletters and across the Internet based on your interests.
                              You agree to our and by clicking I agree.