• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Ford Canada, Unifor reach tentative deal that includes $2B in EV contracts

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Zephyr View Post
    Manitoba could switch every car to electric and wouldn't have to do much for grid upgrades.

Once again, uninformed.
    The upgrades are required at the home, street and transformer level. Generation isnt the problem. Local delivery is. The guy from BC hydro already confirmed this.

Dont need permission from us. Lets see if your province can handle the cost overruns.

Comment

Originally posted by furrowtickler View Post
      Will be interested in a good used one maybe buy 2024 or 2025 for half price of new and a little dinged up . Will see after a few years how they hold up through a Canadian winter or two .

My current 2011 F350 with 240,000 km with rust and dents may need replacing by then . Be tough to replace that diesel power though .... time will tell .

What does dinged up mean? What is rust? I expect all trucks to be made of 1/8 inch stainless steel. Ford tough!

Comment

[QUOTE=chuckChuck;466446)

I am still using an outhouse and a partyline! LOL[/QUOTE]

That’s not hard to believe.

Comment

Originally posted by bucket View Post
          Where are the billions coming from ?

Ford or the taxpayer....
          Carbon tax of course.

Comment

Originally posted by ALBERTAFARMER4 View Post
            What does dinged up mean? What is rust? I expect all trucks to be made of 1/8 inch stainless steel. Ford tough!
            Tesla making a tinfoil truck 25,000 or less in the near future.

Comment

Will make a good truck for towing the trailer to Arizona unfortunately freezing temperatures are kryptonite for lithium batteries.

Comment

Doesn't seem to be much celebrating about all the Ford jobs and EV contracts!

Is this is because the EV jobs don't fit with the narrative that the economy is "going to hell" because of EVs and renwewable energy?

All we hear is crickets.

Comment

Originally posted by chuckChuck View Post
                  Doesn't seem to be much celebrating about all the Ford jobs and EV contracts!

Is this is because the EV jobs don't fit with the narrative that the economy is "going to hell" because of EVs and renwewable energy?

All we hear is crickets.
                  Chuck did you read the article? There are presently 4250 people working at the Oakville plant. Jerry says with the new contract 3000 jobs will continue into the future. Jerry says it wasn’t a problem many were eligible for retirement anyway. Yes it looks like a real boon for jobs!!!!

Comment

Automation my friend. Robots are taking over! Haha Do you still use the same tractor from 30 years ago for your larger farm which requires less labour per acre?

Comment

Automation my friend. Robots are taking over! Haha Do you still use the same tractor from 30 years ago for your larger farm which requires less labour per acre?
                      F U C K Chuck , I do,my newest 4WD tractor is 12 years old and my oldest one is 39 so don't tell me about old equipment.

Comment

Originally posted by jazz View Post
                        Electric vehicles will take 48-72 hrs to charge under a city eclectic grid configuration and yes that would have to be an enforced night charge. Chuck can go drive his tesla in the corn field. Thats not where people live.

Some people are delusional.
                        A Tesla takes 4 hours from dead to charge on 220. 2 hours to 80%.

You can buy dual 110 chargers where you use both 110 phases even if you don't have a 220 dedicated plug in a pinch.

BTW Jazz, did you know Electric companies are in the business of selling electricity? Also like Chuck says, with your own solar grid to charge up your car and commute to work is an excellent method of transportation.

Comment

Originally posted by 6V53 View Post
                          Will make a good truck for towing the trailer to Arizona unfortunately freezing temperatures are kryptonite for lithium batteries.
                          In a few years there will be solid state batteries far less susceptible to temperature.

Comment

Originally posted by tweety View Post
                            also like Chuck says, with your own solar grid to charge up your car and commute to work is an excellent method of transportation.
                            Do you work the night shift? Or do you propose to charge your batteries off solar at night?

Comment

Ford Canada, Unifor reach tentative deal that includes $2B in EV contracts

https://www.ctvnews.ca/business/ford-canada-unifor-reach-tentative-deal-that-includes-2b-in-ev-contracts-1.5114681 https://www.ctvnews.ca/business/ford-canada-unifor-reach-tentative-deal-that-includes-2b-in-ev-contracts-1.5114681

"Under the proposed settlement, Unifor national president Jerry Dias said $1.95 billion will be invested in Ford's Canadian plants, including $1.8 billion toward the production of five electric vehicles in Oakville, Ont., and an engine contract that could yield new jobs in Windsor, Ont."

But I am sure someone will tell us those aren't real jobs in Ontario. All the jobs are going to Michigan right! LOL
                              This was simply to avoid a snap election.....

NDP’s just sold out to the rest of Canada on the backs of a few Union jobs .
                              Trudeau stays in. NDP keep what’s left of their dwindling support base

Comment

Good, the WE scandal committee's can get back to work, it will be interesting who the PM will choose to change oil in the bus this time.

Chagger would look good in coveralls.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                                • Return to Topic List
                                Working...
                                X

This website uses tracking tools, including cookies. We use these technologies for a variety of reasons, including to recognize new and past website users, to customize your experience, perform analytics and deliver personalized advertising on our sites, apps and newsletters and across the Internet based on your interests.
                                You agree to our and by clicking I agree.