• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Ford Canada, Unifor reach tentative deal that includes $2B in EV contracts

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

https://www.ctvnews.ca/business/ford-canada-unifor-reach-tentative-deal-that-includes-2b-in-ev-contracts-1.5114681 https://www.ctvnews.ca/business/ford-canada-unifor-reach-tentative-deal-that-includes-2b-in-ev-contracts-1.5114681

"Under the proposed settlement, Unifor national president Jerry Dias said $1.95 billion will be invested in Ford's Canadian plants, including $1.8 billion toward the production of five electric vehicles in Oakville, Ont., and an engine contract that could yield new jobs in Windsor, Ont."

But I am sure someone will tell us those aren't real jobs in Ontario. All the jobs are going to Michigan right! LOL

Anybody thinking about an all electric F150 in 2022? Lots of power and range. I am sure it won't be cheap but when did farmers care about the cost of shiny new pickups! You gotta impress the neighbors right! LOL

Comment

Originally posted by chuckChuck View Post
      Anybody thinking about an all electric F150 in 2022? Lots of power and range. I am sure it won't be cheap but when did farmers care about the cost of shiny new pickups! You gotta impress the neighbors right! LOL
      Will be interested in a good used one maybe buy 2024 or 2025 for half price of new and a little dinged up . Will see after a few years how they hold up through a Canadian winter or two .

My current 2011 F350 with 240,000 km with rust and dents may need replacing by then . Be tough to replace that diesel power though .... time will tell .

Comment

. All the jobs are going to Michigan right! LOL
        Texas

No electric vehicles will ever be made in Canada or even driven in Canada unless we double our grid capacity in a hurry and add some nukes. NEVER HAPPEN.

Comment

Furrow don't do it! A5 will look down on you and call you a marxist! LOL

Comment

You should save the world and be the first in line .....

Comment

Originally posted by jazz View Post
              Texas

No electric vehicles will ever be made in Canada or even driven in Canada unless we double our grid capacity in a hurry and add some nukes. NEVER HAPPEN.
              Jazz can you read? Duh! We already have many electric vehicles. Petro Canada has a country wide charging charging system. It will be a long transition but its already here! Ford is just adding new capacity!

I will happily use some of my 35000 kwh solar per year to charge up! Don't need an upgrade at my house. If I do I can always add more panels. Most vehicles sit doing nothing all day at work or at home.

Comment

Originally posted by furrowtickler View Post
                You should save the world and be the first in line .....
                A4 has lead the way. I am more cautious and want to see how they workout first.

I am still using an outhouse and a partyline! LOL

Comment

Where are the billions coming from ?

Ford or the taxpayer....

Comment

So Chuck, Charge during the day, drive at night. Am I correct?

Comment

Fast charge anytime the sun is shining! As I said most vehicles are sitting all day at work or when the sun is shining. Lots of sun time to charge. Even in winter.

Comment

Furrow don't do it! A5 will look down on you and call you a marxist! LOL
                        I doubt it , A5 has common sense , unlike some

Comment

Electric vehicles will take 48-72 hrs to charge under a city eclectic grid configuration and yes that would have to be an enforced night charge. Chuck can go drive his tesla in the corn field. Thats not where people live.

Some people are delusional.

Comment

Chuck chuck probably doesnt know this but Evraz ...the steel company in Regina...actually gets a break on their electrical rate because Saskpower can call them and tell them to stop melting during peak hours or if there is issues with the grid...

So adding a bunch of vehicle charging to the cities of Saskatoon and Regina may cause an issue not only for Saskpower infrastructure but businesses as well...

Comment

Originally posted by jazz View Post
                              Texas

Manitoba could switch every car to electric and wouldn't have to do much for grid upgrades.

Once again, uninformed.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                              • Return to Topic List
                              Working...
                              X

This website uses tracking tools, including cookies. We use these technologies for a variety of reasons, including to recognize new and past website users, to customize your experience, perform analytics and deliver personalized advertising on our sites, apps and newsletters and across the Internet based on your interests.
                              You agree to our and by clicking I agree.