• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

NFU Still Undermining Agriculture

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

So it appears CBC simply ran the story to support the Trudeau carbon tax and found a useful group of idiots with the NFU. The agriculture sector and most sane provincial governments and groups are appealing the carbon tax at the Supreme Court currently.

Nothing like the NFU stabbing all farmers in the back.

Comment

And where are the conservatives MPs that get the majority of their support from farmers.....just thumbing themselves it looks like....

There is close to 3 million tonnes of floating space out west and no one says SFA....

Comment

Still No F$&@?%# Use

Comment

Originally posted by bucket View Post
          And where are the conservatives MPs that get the majority of their support from farmers.....just thumbing themselves it looks like....

There is close to 3 million tonnes of floating space out west and no one says SFA....
          Because it isn't effecting farmers Ritz set it up so grain companies pay any charges or dumurage. Profits show up in the basis.
          Last edited by walterm; Sep 22, 2020, 19:38.

Comment

Originally posted by furrowtickler View Post
            Great idea if you already have a grain cleaner set up 👍
            If not add $300,000 to $500,000 to set up a decent cleaner to handle the crop on an average size farm .
            Easy to say , not so easy to pay for and justify for most average farms with no multimillion dollar side business helping out farm expenses

Custom grain cleaners are $.75/bus now
            That needs to be factored in

We actually looked into it but the overall cost way too high for our farm for the minimum savings .... at the time .
            Maybe some day , but we need more consistent harvests here and growing seasons to get back to decent returns for the crops we grow
            The past two years with very poor harvest in this area due to extremely early snowfalls and early frosts does not leave much left on the table for extra projects

We use a quikkleen, granted we have a leg so it's permanently mounted but it pulls screenings out as crops go in at the speed trucks dump. I believe they are $40,000 or so.

Comment

Originally posted by Zephyr View Post
              We use a quikkleen, granted we have a leg so it's permanently mounted but it pulls screenings out as crops go in at the speed trucks dump. I believe they are $40,000 or so.
              So do you get 0 dockage when you sell and better basis because they don't have to clean it?

Comment

Originally posted by walterm View Post
                So do you get 0 dockage when you sell and better basis because they don't have to clean it?
                Thats a funny question...I had extra seed durum and they still found 0.7 to deduct...Spend 40000 and do the work for the graincos....sounds like a winning proposition for the graincos...

At a minimum of 1 percent dockage the math says it would take a long time to pay for....and after 500000 bushels it's worn out....if it makes it that long....

I am thinking of a guy who bought a dryer last year....$250000 invested in something that may not be used for years....a 40000 tonne elevator with 8 turns can't justify a dryer ....why should a farmer...
                Last edited by bucket; Sep 23, 2020, 09:53.

Comment

I use our dryer every year. Some more some less. So far this year only 10000 bus

It’s a investment

Comment

Originally posted by SASKFARMER View Post
                    I use our dryer every year. Some more some less. So far this year only 10000 bus

It’s a investment
                    Yes but you are in a different climate with big yields and shorter periods of harvest....

Out this way a guy would have to go at 18 moisture and even then , the crop could be 12 moisture by the time he finishe's 1000 acres...

Comment

Old dryer ran 41 years on this farm, was $12000 new, 1986 dried EVERY bushel, paid for dozens of times since then. Dry harvest is the minority of years on this spot on earth.

Comment

Originally posted by bucket View Post
                        Thats a funny question...I had extra seed durum and they still found 0.7 to deduct...Spend 40000 and do the work for the graincos....sounds like a winning proposition for the graincos...

At a minimum of 1 percent dockage the math says it would take a long time to pay for....and after 500000 bushels it's worn out....if it makes it that long....

I am thinking of a guy who bought a dryer last year....$250000 invested in something that may not be used for years....a 40000 tonne elevator with 8 turns can't justify a dryer ....why should a farmer...

And that is exactly why the CGC was started in the interest of producers to monitor and enforce regulations. Why do farmers want to destroy it instead of giving it more power and avenues to ensure the Act is followed for fair deals?

Comment

Originally posted by walterm View Post
                          And that is exactly why the CGC was started in the interest of producers to monitor and enforce regulations. Why do farmers want to destroy it instead of giving it more power and avenues to ensure the Act is followed for fair deals?
                          Call me stupid but drying cleaning and storage should be at the rail .....

The cost of bins some guys have put up would easily pay to keep a Super B on the road every day delivering grain....and instead they build graincos infrastructure....

Comment

It’s a bloody shame the NFU gets the ear of the media especially the CBC every time there’s an ag issue. Their stance would not represent 1/5 of agricultural producers. Maybe the rest of the producer groups should join forces and make up a name with Union at the end (Real Farmers Union, We’re not old NDP hacks Farmers Union). Just a thought.

Comment

Just call the new org Farmers Union. Acronym would be FU. I can see the headline now, "Famers tired of Liberal government say FU".

Comment

Originally posted by WiltonRanch View Post
                                It’s a bloody shame the NFU gets the ear of the media especially the CBC every time there’s an ag issue. Their stance would not represent 1/5 of agricultural producers. Maybe the rest of the producer groups should join forces and make up a name with Union at the end (Real Farmers Union, We’re not old NDP hacks Farmers Union). Just a thought.
                                Ritz set up producer commissions with check off $ then they have joined umbrella orgs together. How many more do you need. Then there is the WCWGA that has a finger on the pulse of the whole industry and speaks for every farmer.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                                • Return to Topic List
                                Working...
                                X

This website uses tracking tools, including cookies. We use these technologies for a variety of reasons, including to recognize new and past website users, to customize your experience, perform analytics and deliver personalized advertising on our sites, apps and newsletters and across the Internet based on your interests.
                                You agree to our and by clicking I agree.